Sign in to follow this  
txalin

New pics of OFP2 from Gamespot

I think I speak for all OFP fans when I say: OMG, these are some of the most beautiful screenshots I've seen in my life. I'm only wondering about what this is running on and how many FPS its getting(granted its probably debug code and not substantially optimized so its probably not performing terribly great right now). smile_o.gif

those shots looks absolutely amazing, apart from the heads, they're too big, looks unproportional...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc....page=25

At first glance, this soldier on the left looks very realistic!

Just compare it with this photo:

iraq_soldier_173.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Look at this building! Is that the kind of damage I think it is??

http://www.gamespot.com/pc....page=39

biggrin_o.gif

Looks like bullet holes in the building to me biggrin_o.gif

Yes there is a shine factor that will have to be reduced for the final product IMO. That was going to be one of my constructive criticisms. Shiiiine. biggrin_o.gif

As for the damage, I am hoping for at least brick by prick damage... mmmmm (EDIT, or even brick by brick)

mmmmm

I am now imagining the battles with those buildings around... oh man. tounge_o.gif

I must admit.. these screens are great. When I first saw them it occured to me how much akin it will be to OFP1, which is good... good use of graphical techniques to enable large terrain and other effects. I'm not a graphics guy...I'm a scriptor... I'm just a guy wanting to see the frame rate at 60-80fps for 1000 units battling it out. I want to see the scripting commands and mission editor have major improvements. Everyone in this community will take this graphics engine and produce some remarkable stuff. No question about it. What we need is BIS to produce scripting/editing improvements to make it better for those of us that wish to actually PLAY the game and not drool over it! biggrin_o.gif Damnit! Why can't they show a screenie of the editor?!!

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I'm really glad that they appeared to have fixed the soldiers trigger fingers, they are supposed to be kept off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

And the soldiers seems so solid, so real, when I first saw the screens of the russian soldiers and thought about placing a 5.56 round in them I felt kinda disgusted for a moment because I thought about killing a living person...

first time I've eber felt that with a computer game.

Looks great! As much as I like seeing screenshots, I'm even more eager to see a feature list.

Time to start putting pennies in the bank for hardware upgrades next year...

Two words..

Thats Gold!

I don't want to appear negative because these screenshots are impressive eye candy.

But....

I'd like to see an improvment in FPS and hopefully these graphics support that. Remember there are many improvements we are hoping for in OFP than just better textures and models folks.

I did have a chuckle as it seems the same ol' problems (or perhaps lack of attention to detail) are cropping up even after 4 years of coding for us fans. Notice anything wrong with this picture?

Special Pic

Hint: Look at the shadow.

But don't get me wrong..this exciting news....but I'll reserve my judgement for when we start hearing more about the what the game itself delivers apart from very impressive eye candy.

I actually agree with Tigershark.  OFP2 does look amazing, but very unpolished.  Many models look like they have stretched textures, rough edges (some people may refer to it as noise?  not 100% sure though tounge_o.gif), etc...it does look amazing, but it is obviously a WIP.  Once they fix these gfx glitches, I hope they make everything we wanted that we couldn't get in OFP1 doable (is that a word tounge_o.gif?  Who cares).  Multiple gun positions, destructable/dynamic buildings, etc...

EDIT: @FatNinjaKid

Why not? It worked well IMO. Could add anything you wanted to it and it stays out of the way, but is still visible & useful. I rather like OFP1's radio system smile_o.gif.

the only thing that really bugs me up is that the shine effect on the things, it make the units and some objects a bit toylish, and infact most of us have so much into the blur effect we see on OFP1, which looks much realistic, so it would be good to remove the shine effect if possible, it's enought to showoff the engine even without that smile_o.gif

edit: oh! and i forgot to said, it lets us make our own custom faces a lots easier biggrin_o.gif

[insert a huge drooling smiley here]

I can NOT believe that is it actually here! All this waiting. How long did we wait guys? biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, the pics look... bah what's the use.

I've now got my financial plan figured out for the next 1.5 years: to get as good hardware FOR THIS GAME as possible

EDIT: @FatNinjaKid

Why not? It worked well IMO. Could add anything you wanted to it and it stays out of the way, but is still visible & useful. I rather like OFP1's radio system smile_o.gif.

Bobby Burning: "Oh no...the radio system... is still... the same." biggrin_o.gif

Bobby Burning: "Oh no...the radio system... is still... the same." biggrin_o.gif

That is exactly what made the radio system perfect biggrin_o.gif!

Quote[/b] ]4: "Oh no, radio 1 is down!"

2: "This is radio 2 taking command. Out."

What would we do without it tounge_o.gif?

actually voices got a lot better. the text that appears on the bottom left is still there.

oops, i need to keep my mouth shut wink_o.gif

actually voices got a lot better. the text that appears on the bottom left is still there.

Let's try this again...same old iron sights? I sure hope not! tounge_o.gif

you can see all pics alittle bit easyer here.

But GREAT Screens! smile_o.gif

Let's try this again...same old iron sights?  I sure hope not! tounge_o.gif

you'll find out when I shoot you while you were looking through it. tounge_o.gif

The radio system, although highly flexible and powerful, is not really that intuitive. I hope to see a better method implemented. At the time OFP was released it seemed great....but it really became cumbersome after a while.

Brother in Arms, although simplistic and needing refinement, has an excellent system for squad control.

Brother in Arms, although simplistic and needing refinement, has an excellent system for squad control.

I agree...but if I understood correctly, I believe FatNinjaKid was talking about the actual voices & text. If he was talking about squad control, I completely misunderstood and agree it needs changing. The AI sometimes has a mind of their own in OFP tounge_o.gif.