When I first saw the pics, I had a snap reaction of "sweet jesus, OFP2 news!!!"

1.jpg

Then I went to the "jump up and down in speechless glee" phase

2.jpg

And now, like the good fanboy I am, I shall just drool over the pics

3.jpg

[Normal service will resume eventually]

Well, what can I say. Holy shit!!!

anyone else noticed the way they are animated inside the helicopter? Compare the 2 screens smile_o.gif

In one of the pics, it also kinda looked dymaic wreckage of a hind smile_o.gif

Such improvement was never expected, its just way ahead of everything to date. Doom3 was definetly overated, i need OPF2 blues.gif .

Looks awesome biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Edit*

The view distance looks pretty far, I wonder what specs you need to run that smooth : /

this shot is breathtaking, imo. Now that we have seen the pretty graphics, I want details! I want to see what will be new, besides the obvious (new cargo anims, graphics, etc.) It appeared that the corpse they were here showing though A) wasn't a ragdoll and B) used the old ofp-method of replacing and entire leg texture with blood.

another photo i must comment on is this one. I see both good and bad here. The good, a physics tire!!!! coulda been popped off a vehicle (!). the bad, in the background there is a tank exploding with the old ofp-crumble destruction method and a hailstorm of debris coming outt he back...nothing has changed sad_o.gif Another bad thing is the tracer still look like crap.

EDIT: sorry, more complaints. :P

Another thing I noticed is something I was annoyed with the OLD xbox screenshots-the jaggedness of all the polygons. If you look at a lot of the foliage, it looks so jagged that it is very noisy. Like some anitaliasing is needed or something.

another photo i must comment on is this one. I see both good and bad here. The good, a physics tire!!!! coulda been popped off a vehicle (!). the bad, in the background there is a tank exploding with the old ofp-crumble destruction method and a hailstorm of debris coming outt he back...nothing has changed sad_o.gif Another bad thing is the tracer still look like crap.

Your wrong I think.. I think it's the wreckage of this plane:

http://image.com.com/gamespo....015.jpg

And a tank driving behind it

wink_o.gif

Noticed the Marines Huey? Theres pics with both open and closed doors, BAS style blues.gif .

Yeah, FW200 is right.

One more thing is the shadows of the tire. It looks incorrectly done.

yep, to the right you can also see an assumed tank turret blown off. Maybe just my fault but it could be one.

Anyway, as there is still more than 1.5 years till we get the final I am in no way worried about the result. Damn ! I didn´t even expect it to look that good. I don´t know any other wargame/sim that has comparable gfx planned. It´s incredible.

BIS kept the line and estended the line to an incredible autobahn of visual madness.

Thx for that !!!!!

One thing i see is that the USMC are wearing black boots but in real life they wear a brown colored boot with their MARPAT. I know its still in the early stages of development, just giving a suggestion. smile_o.gif

This is pure madness.. I knew it would look good but this is something God must have created.

OMG!! The hands! Look at the quality of the hands!!!

One

Two

Three

Well....It's been one my pet peeves anyway....;)

I'd like to see the squad interface/command system next......

I'd like to see the squad interface/command system next......

... i`m in delirium allready prvi.gif,

next info is dangerous to me !

The first thing I thought after seeing these were:

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

wow_o.gif

A year ago I'd have said these were renders. If it wasn't for some of the shots looking like OFP (the tank aiming at the player ones remind me of the old CWC T72 one), I think I'd be hard pushed to believe what I'm seeing.

Videos! Videos! biggrin_o.gif

Hey,

for now I will say, SUPER, thanks to BIS for not making OFP2 another dull and faded PC title (like releases from others)!!! I can actually see things, pretty much as they should be! There is sharp detail, vivid colour... good... biggrin_o.gif

Great work, I mean really great work so far, I will make some small criticisms when I have more time to write them up. Overall I am personally quite happy with all the things that are already visible from the captures.

out, for now.

Regards

the screenshots are absolutely great.

the only downer for me in them is the flat desert ground texture. it just isn't up to the standard of the rest of the graphics and seems to separate the elements on the ground and ruin the effect. leading to the objects looking like they plopped on the ground effect you get in ofp today. the forest shots are awesome tho...

Fantastic!! One question...What of water ? Still the limitations of the previous graphics engine on that front ?