Sign in to follow this  
Homefry

New Engine

I've seen the press release stating that there is a new engine contained in AA... well I'm wondering what details this new engine contains...

Do we have any of the improvement to physics or to the vehicle code, or is it just the graphics detail?

Some detail would be nice.

Mostly graphics, of what i've heared.

Lets say its OFP 1.5 (Like the xbox version)

Quote[/b] ]Map covering over 100 sq. km, in extreme detail

i guess the was seen in pic is a new feature ;)

from what i know its the same engine as vbs2, but this can be only specualation, it makes sense, BIA does the work for BIS and we get happy :P

No multi gun positions?

No improved weapon handling like for example my personal favorite Vietcong?

etc. etc.

Hey they have to improve the physic engine, please

graphics arent the main focus at all, accorind to a interveiw with AA's developer (forgot the name, sorry dude) the main focus was phyisics, and graphics least

@ May 19 2005,19:11)]No multi gun positions?

No improved weapon handling like for example my personal favorite Vietcong?

etc. etc.

Hey they have to improve the physic engine, please

You want 3D sights that dont line up and a static weapon toggle glued to your screen? Or the feel of not being able to use your arms? Wow sad_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]graphics arent the main focus at all, accorind to a interveiw with AA's developer (forgot the name, sorry dude) the main focus was phyisics, and graphics least

Im listening, please tell us more about the physics wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]graphics arent the main focus at all, accorind to a interveiw with AA's developer (forgot the name, sorry dude) the main focus was phyisics, and graphics least

damn right lol! my no.1 concern is the physics. I also hope theyve done away with the 'screwed up paper' look to destroyed vehicles and buildings! Maybe even dynamic destroyble buildings that blow apart at the spot where it was hit. But i presume that most properly wont be in AA.

I remember that an interview said that the collision bug was already fixed for OFP xbox, that was over a year ago so I'm sure they've fixed it. VBS also has some type of new building destruction mode (Anyone have the video!? PM me please smile_o.gif so that should be implemented already. Also the terrain streaming that improves performance, self-shadowing on models and proper shadow casting on objects overall, probably some shader support, maybe 3d clouds as seen in the latest screens (I think), water with waves...these things are all evident in the screenshots. edit: And how could I forget, Join in Play functionality and probably reworked netcode.

Quote[/b] ]You want 3D sights that dont line up and a static weapon toggle glued to your screen? Or the feel of not being able to use your arms?

Yes something similar or better! You know why? Because its nicer than the handling of ofp and ofp res. I don't want to be as conditioned as in ofp (for example throw a nade). And i like the idea of crouch and aim over an obstacle.

That's all smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ](Anyone have the video!? PM me please

me too biggrin_o.gif

With improve phyisics hopfully we might even be able to have 'loose' cargo, by that i mean instead of selecting 'enter vehicle as passanger' you can simply just walk or jump on to a tank/plane/boat and be able to walk around on/in it as well as fire of it. Also placing weapons or barrels and other types of cargo loosly in the back of a vehicle and watch as they slid back n forth whiles the vehicle takes turns and moves. Althou maybe thatll be a bit too much for a large scale enviroments of AA

I remember that an interview said that the collision bug was already fixed for OFP xbox, that was over a year ago so I'm sure they've fixed it. VBS also has some type of new building destruction mode (Anyone have the video!? PM me please smile_o.gif so that should be implemented already. Also the terrain streaming that improves performance, self-shadowing on models and proper shadow casting on objects overall, probably some shader support, maybe 3d clouds as seen in the latest screens (I think), water with waves...these things are all evident in the screenshots. edit: And how could I forget, Join in Play functionality and probably reworked netcode.

I had the VBS1 DIB video but i threw it away yesterday, sry sad_o.gif , i already posted that it looked fake because there was a big cloud of smoke covering it up and i couldnt see any parts of the buildings colapse, im not expecting to see a new damage model for buildings and vehicals in Armed Assault and ive also heard that the colision detection for VBS was the same rock.gif .

Quote[/b] ](Anyone have the video!? PM me please

me too  biggrin_o.gif

yes please! biggrin_o.gif

anyway, i would be *very* happy with multiple gunner positions... biggrin_o.gif

(Anyone have the video!? PM me please

me too  biggrin_o.gif

I uploaded the video (RARed) onto Tactical Blunder.  It is 23mb.

I think the new engine has basically all the engine upgrades the community wanted, but couldn't make without modifiying the engine itself.  I doubt multiple gun positions will be added, but maybe in a future patch wink_o.gif.  New graphics look nice and 100km^2 islands sounds sweet biggrin_o.gif.

EDIT: To clear things up, the video is of an upcoming module for VBS1. This is not of Armed Assault!

WOW! NICE VIDEO!!!

That is OFP:AA?

VBS1 wink_o.gif

and 100km^2 islands sounds sweet biggrin_o.gif.

Pssst. we already have 100kmË› islands, 12.8x12.8km = 163kmË› wink_o.gif

Oh...I thought we only have 25km^2 islands tounge_o.gif. Shows that I am surely not an addons maker! wink_o.gif

Bah. 102.4km*102.4km (that's 10485 and 76/100ths sq km) is where it's at, now if they'd do something about the CTD's at that level, loosen the buffers, and gimme streaming terrain... oh and I need at least 24bit objectID's just for the maps...

(Anyone have the video!? PM me please

me too biggrin_o.gif

I uploaded the video (RARed) onto Tactical Blunder. It is 23mb.

Thanks a lot, that was cool. smile_o.gif Do you have the other new VBS videos or know where to get them btw? rock.gif

Do you have the other new VBS videos or know where to get them btw? rock.gif

Yeah mate. I got the VBS1 Convoy Trainer advanced features, Dynamic destructable buildings, Advanced functionality module, TELOE (VBS1 operating system), and Observer 3 movies. They are near 100mb though, so they will take some time to upload wink_o.gif.