Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Armed Assault info for modmakers

Surely it will take some adaptation of current OFP addons to get them into AA...perhaps we will get an oppertunity to learn som more interesting czech words crazy_o.gif

what i realy will like in O2 or any program like that is an eayer way to get textures/blueprints in wy not make it so i can import a JPG cant be to hard right i know that most guys use paintshop pro or programs like that but not all got that

forgive me if this is an idea that sucks crazy_o.gif

... Maya support would be nice  smile_o.gif

Agreed.

All major 3D Apps should be supported.

And errr...in that case, maybe adding a few more people with modelling texturing and coding abilities to the modmaker group

I would like it to join the modmaker group, I can work whit island editor tools and I know the basics of O2. And i got allot of ideas lol ;). But i would like it to work in a team...

greetz...

... Maya support would be nice  smile_o.gif

Agreed.

All major 3D Apps should be supported.

Do you mean supported by O2 (like to convert) or do you mean that OFP should directly accept any 3d model format? If so, I don't think anything but a p3d would ever work for this game...

There are only two things which O2 is really lacking:

- EXTRUDE function

- easier UVmap/TEXTURE functions

O2 ist just about perfect for low poly modelling in all other aspects..

But I really would like to see in the game itself is a better handling of the animations system ( for example: animations for weapons and vehicles) and an improved ballistic/ammo system where several weapons of the same kind could use the same ammo yet have different sounds and so on.. biggrin_o.gif

AND multiple gunner positions would be great!!!

Blooean (Or howeverthefeck you spell it..) operations would be good.. Modeling buildings is fecking annoying, as it takes a lot of work (deleting faces of a wall, puting more points in, then redoing the wall, and textres on it etc..). With the subtract things, you could make a box where the window is, and instantly have a nice window tounge2.gif

Plugins for things like Maya/3DSMax would be good, but even better would be explainations of the file-types so the community can create programs quicker.. Being able to import (reliably) more file-formats would be good too..

But best thing would be information, on when the tools will be avalible, and also info on file-formats etc (Even "Their the same as OFP" would be very usefull tounge2.gif)

- Ben

Extrude functions doesn't work well on detailed objects/meshes but making a wall with a window in it is best done manually.

if it has import/export fuctions I'm happy :P

but making a wall with a window in it is best done manually.

You try modeling a building, with lots of windows, then for some reason you go to add another window, or door.. It's hell tounge2.gif

About 10x worse if you have it textured.. Even if it didn't work well on complex shapes, it'd be usefull to have.. If it's not there and noone uses it, no big deal.. If it's not there and someone needs it, it's a problem tounge2.gif

- Ben

Extrude functions doesn't work well on detailed objects/meshes but making a wall with a window in it is best done manually.

Excuse me? Are you crazy?

Currently I am working on a scene that has approx. 4-5 mln polys. Part of the scene is a car AM DB4 GT Zagato that has a lot of curves and there is not one planar face in it. 99% of my modelling is based on extrudes and that includes making holes (without booleans) in meshes over 1 mln polys.

I meant booleans operations smile_o.gif hehe

Well, booleans are for very beginners. Anyway, Support in terms of shaders, exporters would be very handfull.