Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Armed Assault info for modmakers

Bis would you consider releasing before AA is finished a guide on what needs to be changed or added to a mod/addon to work with AA to it's fullest potential.

Something like a guid, or even a updated SDK tool (o3?) Whatever... I think there are some addon makers who want to

make there addons for this new game ;)

I can only share this statement since mods keep a game alive ........ think of it BIS, would OFP have lived so long without us ? biggrin_o.gif

This would indeed be a great help to mod/addonmakers smile_o.gif

I second this. Maybe some kind of development kit or an early release for mod makers smile_o.gif

Yeah I think we need something like this, especially seeing the new effects smile_o.gif

wow...nice...that OFP:AA game will be great!!! biggrin_o.gif

if its reall true that the game is compatible to ofp and all maps r running on it too, then we will have a lot of fun there! smile_o.gif

btw: i nearly made 30maps the last 12months...lol

and think of the big maps without lag, if they have worked on that!

and the joining during a running game will be great too!..if u can only join to make it even or u have to wait for a second to join!

im really looking forward to it! xmas_o.gif

It'd be great if some general script changes mod format changes etc could be presented.

Most of it'd be pretty useless though without a game to test it in.

But it'd allow for a quicker start once we have the game in our hands. smile_o.gif

Perhaps they've fixed all the server/client crash bugs also!

a guide or a new tool to bring addons in to AA is a realy good idea yes but if AA will be like they say hopefuly we can put allready made OFP addons in to it and still use O2 to make more addons.

Dont see the nead for a new modelling tool right now a new easyer island making tool or texture tool is what i whant

thats my 2 cents wink_o.gif

/Henric Sandqvist

Yeah please, itd be fantastc to have some kind of head start.

I`m thinking:

-Soldier models look very different in shape, which means things like gear will have to be redone.

-Weapons, vehicles and objects should be alot more consistent, ie not much will need doing to convert them.

I`m hoping they retain a very similar format at least, so that converting maps (WRPs), weapons, units, vehicles, wont be hard.

Also if it utilises bump mapping ect, textures might need to be redone to take advantage of it. I dont really know, ive never done any textures for a game with bump mapping. I guess the days of adding shitloads of shadows onto the textures to compensate for OFP lacking them are over? rock.gif Anyone whos an expert like to elaborate?

there is allready a bunch of modmakers here on the forum.. how abt letting them do some testing again?

I think that if there was to be a new o2 or o3 or whatever it should be easier to work with as when I tried o2, IMO, it was very unfriendly and therefore I've only been able to work with WRP hence why Pacific War dosnt move quite fast at all lol...

A re-designed modeling program that would also allow improting of Textures, Anims, Models from a good variety of modeling programs would be very nice as I can model in Wings but nothing else sad_o.gif

But a guide or new-tutorial throughly explaining everything about a new o2 or whatnot and guide would be a veru great idea...

And with above comments, the Mod Community has indeed, let OFP live alot longer then it would have if MOD's had not existed... OFP would probably be dead by now with just the standard DM, CTF, and C&H...

I think that if there was to be a new o2 or o3 or whatever it should be easier to work with as when I tried o2, IMO, it was very unfriendly and therefore I've only been able to work with WRP hence why Pacific War dosnt move quite fast at all lol...

I think you'll have a very hard time to find a 3D modelling program that is easier to master than O2, while still giving you good results wink_o.gif

I'm perfectly happy with O2 now, though it took a lot of effort to learn.

I would like to know what if any changes need to be made to the models we are currently making as I now intend to coincide the next major 3WX release with the release of AA. I've just stepped up my work into overdrive.

i think that there should be an updated O2, especially with some extrude function in it that will made everything faster, support for animations, and a better 3ds exporter

there is allready a bunch of modmakers here on the forum.. how abt letting them do some testing again?

And errr...in that case, maybe adding a few more people with modelling texturing and coding abilities to the modmaker group *ahem* biggrin_o.gif

Your talking about the full version of o2. tounge_o.gif And I think o2 is good (pretty much), and very easy to learn, although some features are missing. wink_o.gif

Look for "XSi Mod Tool 4.2". You can get a free unlimited trial, it's an offer that was introduced for modders of Half Life 2, although you don't need the game to use it, and it doesn't ask you to prove you have it. Anyway, check it out, it's a proper full blown professional 3D suite, with modelling, animation, the lot. Can't go wrong for free, and it's about Å6000 to buy the full licence for! You can export was quite a few formats too, and there's a plug in on their site for 3DS format, which you could export as then use in 02. It's very easy to use aswell when you get past the initial workings.

A re-designed modeling program that would also allow improting of Textures, Anims, Models from a good variety of modeling programs would be very nice as I can model in Wings but nothing else sad_o.gif

But a guide or new-tutorial throughly explaining everything about a new o2 or whatnot and guide would be a veru great idea...

And with above comments, the Mod Community has indeed, let OFP live alot longer then it would have if MOD's had not existed... OFP would probably be dead by now with just the standard DM, CTF, and C&H...

sad_o.gif  Too big of a change and alot of peole would be unhappy. I am guessing that alot of the modelers (including myself) have grown accustomed to o2. I hope that the editing in AA is similiar if not exactly the same as OFP, maybe even enough where current OFP addons/mods could be used in AA with little or no conversion...

Also, if it was o3, xelsis, they would have to change the name to Ozone instead of Oxygen tounge_o.gif read up on your molecules...  biggrin_o.gif

I think BIS could released list of units beucose i dont know what addons i must made for my mod and what units are in game

Yup...

All info on vehicles (incl. possible additions/modifications in the simulations/classes themselves) etc and a list of possible new scripting functions would be very usefull in planning future actions...