Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - should the name be changed?

Not to mention that "Armas" translates into "dear" in finnish. tounge2.gif

now the XBOX ofp version is called Elite.. i wonder why. Why not get some new original names, have a contest involving the ofp community for a name? Anyways, i think Armed Assault IS pretty original, so id say keep it!

Hopefully BIS will take a look at Kegety's sig moments before they start printing the CDs. tounge2.gif

I still don't like Armed Assault. It'll probably grow on me, but it's not a good name.

Once I saw it, I thought OFP Elite would be a great name for the new game. Then I remembered the reason we're having this discussion is because BIS can't use the OFP name w/o CodeMaster's permission.

I saw some great names, but I'd like the game to have a name that doesn't tie it to a certain time period, like having "Cold War" in the name would, because the game becomes so much more than any given time period, once the addons community goes to work on it. Badly stated, but you know what I mean.

Armed Assualt is an odd title to me. Of course your going to be "Armed" while "Assualting" something - that's how I interpret it everytime I see the title.

Punching someone in the face is an unarmed assault is it not? wink_o.gif

Google for "unarmed assault", you'll see plenty of convictions and legal references smile_o.gif

really depends on where you are. Some places count Armed Assult as just a fight behind a pub

Anyways, i think Armed Assault IS pretty original, so id say keep it!

Especially when you've just bought a domain and built a site around it! wink_o.gif

i also think that "armed assault" sounds quite cheap, like a low budget crap shooter. also confusing it with AA americas army...

so my suggestions:

point of flashes

point flashbang

oh, flash pigs! (>>ofp:)

pigs of flash

pigs of flesh

kk

Just "Infantry Combat Simulator". Appropriate name for hardcore game, I don't need either cool "assaulting" or "operating" stuff nor anything resembling old OFP.

BTW "Operation Join In Progress" was great. rofl.gif

"Infantry Combat Simulator". ..... whistle.gif not realy the best one! biggrin_o.gif or maybe will be an ARTILLERY COMBAT SIMULATOR too ? and an aiforce sim ? thats VBS2 man! yay.gif just kidding and ....spamming, like the others do nener.gif no game, no info but we have an forum for that! ironic?

Or...

Armed Assault:

We will never get this game

biggrin_o.gif

I like the name. If you want call it ArmA. Anyway, Americas Army is a crap comparing to OFP. So guys of BIS keep up doing your good work. biggrin_o.gif

Did you know that the anagram of Armed Assault is

U R MAD ASS LATE

Do you really have to repeat this in every thread? You are just a pessimist, go get another game and stop posting things on this forum, as there is nothing positive coming out of your fingers. Everything you post is negative.

edit, thanks for the correction notworthy.gif

Do you really have to repeat this in every thread? You are just a pessimist, go get another game and stop posting things on this forum, as there is nothing positif coming out of your fingers. Everything you post is negatif.

positive; negative. huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif