Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Armed Assault

´maybe u´r right ace, its not ofp2, its just ofp1,5. sad_o.gif but anyway i´m hapy! tounge_o.gif . some sugestion from me: more concealment(camouflage possibillittyies). and for wehicles too. not just grass, letts say, u can a bmp under an camouflage net hidden. i musst learn english! crazy_o.gif i musst learn english! crazy_o.gif i mus......

Quote[/b] ]When an minour changes are made to a product it gets a new version number (like 1.3 or 1.96 (current ofp));

When significent changes are made, ones that change the original format, the whole thing gets bumpped up a level (like 2.0 etc).

With this in mind; AA is flashpoint2 and flashpoint 2 will infact be flashpoint 3

Were talking about the game engine and it doesnt matter what the norm is or isnt. those 1.30/1.46/1.75/1.90 are exe numbers not games engine progress. These changes made will be significant but compared to OFP2 they are not much i mean gameplay wise , the improvements made to AA by BIS are nothing but a shortcoming we've known for a longtime and some of it we tried to rectify ourselves in the community. So it will be 1.5 and not OFP2. Its an upgrade of the Posieden to 1.5 status.

While 2.0 known as OFP's successor a proper one and not an interim fix to keep us busy shall be released later , from what i gather what ralph said it has some features never seen before like dynamic missions/terrain , things we havent even begun to think about here yet.

I think this is fantastic, because OPF is too good to let it die, and an updated/improved Flashpoint will be super, even more considering there will be some new content too, i think MP will be a great experience and i cant wait to replay the CWC 1985 campaign with the new engine and graphics, and also see what new possabilities for addons and missions the new version offers, i am very happy with this anouncement because i really like OPF, bring it on smile_o.gif .

In my opinion this upgrade(Armed Assult) for "OFP" is going to be the best thing for our Community.

I have been playing this game almost from day one and believe me spent numerous $'s on other games always falling back on OFP.

Anyhow,

One of the biggest changes that has been announced and will put us back on the map is the "Join Game in Progress"!!!!

That alone is worth $'s and will definatley refresh interest in "OFP", especially for the ones who luv the game but hate the "Waiting for To Start" or for the poor souls that "Lost Connection" when into a 2 hour game.

BIS bring it on!

PS: Where can we pre-order?

Quote[/b] ]....Although the game won’t be out until late next year....

Considering that the gameshark "journalist" got the date wrong on Armed Assaults planned release I wonder how much else of that article that is plainly his own speculations/missunderstandings.....

I have mixed feelings over armed assault.

First off, wow, that is amazing. Improved engine, kickass graphics, join in progress multiplay (!!!) etc. etc.

However, it will require me to shell another 50 bucks, and possibly divide the community further.

my .02

Wow new screens look great, but i feel some what dissapointed that they havent made any new animations, and by the looks of it there still useing all the same building models and such. But i guess they will most certainly be adding content in the coming months.

I have mixed feelings over armed assault.

First off, wow, that is amazing. Improved engine, kickass graphics, join in progress multiplay (!!!) etc. etc.

However, it will require me to shell another 50 bucks, and possibly divide the community further.

my .02

Well, i think Armed Assault will be like OPF and more in a improved engine so i see no reason for people not to upgrade to it wink_o.gif , plus we dont know the price yet but im sure it will be worth 50 alot more than Doom3 was worth 60+ or other games that colect dust after 10 hours of play time were worth their price, i will buy two copies of Armed Assault because i believe it will deliver many hours of entertainment smile_o.gif .

while on this topic, are there going to be any new campaigns? What about islands? Isn't 100km bigger the current opflash capability?

Look at those trees in the background of the shot at the base on Everon. State of the art! wink_o.gif Note the shot of the Black Ops taken from the intro of the Resistance campaign and the new Resistance guy with a fist logo on his cap and arm (I think that seems way too organized btw).

It seems to me that AA is just like another OFP: Resistance style upgrade (only more major). This is perfect, IMO, since it would be a shame to create a new game that is similar to the old, but incompatible with scripts/addons made for the old.

What more could you ask for?

We are getting join in progress (wonder how MP editing will work now...), we are getting improved physics, and we are getting slightly better graphics (real noses and fingers).

I'm more than willing to shell out $50 extra bucks for it, and everyone else should be too; seeing how we have all enjoyed OFP1 for how many years now? BIS deserves to be rewarded for their great work, and since they keep pushing OFP2 back, wouldn't you rather they release SOMETHING now, instead of waiting for the whole thing?

Thanks BIS!

while on this topic, are there going to be any new campaigns? What about islands? Isn't 100km bigger the current opflash capability?

Rumors say there will be a new 100 square km island and a new campaign but we cant confirm anything at this time.

Rumors say there will be a new 100 square km island and a new campaign but we cant confirm anything at this time.

100km^2 is 10×10km?

everon is 25.6×25.6 if i remember correctly? (maybe 12.8×12.8?)

rock.gif

Not really rumors as the pdf on the Armed Assualt site says:

* Fight for freedom in brand new storyline

*New map covering over 100 sq km, in extreme detail.

Indeed, plus the site says: "...with additional fresh, modern time setting..."

So that can't be the 1985, Red Hammer or Resistance campaigns.

It´s almost xbox version for pc...anyway engine will be upgraded but diffrent then ofp2 engine.

AA will just keep ofp comunity alive until release ofp2 smile_o.gif

IMHO

great to hear that smile_o.gif

i wonder if the release of the AA module was a long time planned step or did BIS just capitulate to our whining for a better engine tounge_o.gif

100km^2 is 10×10km?

everon is 25.6×25.6 if i remember correctly? (maybe 12.8×12.8?)

rock.gif

I think Nogova is 25 sq km so 100 is gonna be really huge, maybe even too big because Nogova wasnt has good has the original islands imho, plus it laggs, hopefully not with the new code, aha biggrin_o.gif .

i wonder if the release of the AA module was a long time planned step or did BIS just capitulate to our whining for a better engine  tounge_o.gif

one honest advice:

BIS should outsource its promotion pictures to the CP professionals

because pictures featuring units with hands through weapons, scanty clads of grass and pancake surfaces do not really emulate "pimp your ofp engine"-level reached by the community.

Like BIA did, yep wink_o.gif

Not concerned with the ingame men,equip, only the engine .Hopefully it solves the shoot thru walls and vid clipping. not to mention semi intel. AI. The community of amazing addon makers, Scripters will supercharge an improved game engine causing OFP2 to be put off another year because of the brilliance in the OFP community. Hats off to all OFP persons. Yall are incredible.

Ill but 10 copys of Armed Assault just to show my appreciation to BIS for keeping the engine open source.

Like BIA did, yep wink_o.gif

yay, i´m up for it biggrin_o.gif

honestly, i think i would die from excitement before being able to install the game if i had a pre-release tounge_o.gif