Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Armed Assault

ok first topic.. what do you guys think about BIS upgrading OFp?

It´s almost xbox version for pc...anyway engine will be upgraded but diffrent then ofp2 engine.

AA will just keep ofp comunity alive until release ofp2 smile_o.gif

IMHO

So far, not impressed with the visuals. Player models are better, but everything I'm seeing in the background is not what I'd expect from a new game this day in age. I didn't wait this many years for last year's game.

That aside, I don't know what kind of gameplay improvements they have in store, so I'm still pretty excited to hear anything about that.

sounds good to me, OFP2 wont be released before winter 2006, and the JIP will make MP fun as hell!

(endless CTI games! woohoo! biggrin_o.gif )

It's great to see something before OFP2 is out.

BIS I really apreciate this smile_o.gif

i just hope for better net code, physics and stuff ... ura, ura,ura ! xmas_o.gif

But what are those awsome screens on Channel 3?

I love this! New engine and a adjusted MP, can you ask for more? biggrin_o.gif

This is really gone boost the morale until OFP2 is comming.

Thx BIS! biggrin_o.gif

EDIT:

But what are those awsome screens on Channel 3?

OFP2 (as we called it sad_o.gif )

i just hope for better net code, physics and stuff ... ura, ura,ura ! xmas_o.gif

AA is only savoury before OFP2, but I taste this dollop.

I need OFP2 trailer biggrin_o.gif

blues.gif

I heard somewhere that this is it... THer will be no Flashpoint 2.

i guess noone has Copyright to OpF tounge_o.gif , we can use OpF2

Maybe Operation Haschjoint

this is ofp2! crazy_o.gif (u know ,the named armed assault game it is infact the ofp2! but codies are the name owner ,and bis can´t call armed assault ofp2 !) corect me please if im wrong! wink_o.gif

We can use OFP..

----------------

it's simple OFP-Operation Fallpoint

I think its a great idea. Operation Flashpoint is my favorite game of all time, I still play it even though it's pushing 4 years old now (other games i get bored of in a matter of weeks). The new engine looks up to par with other games on the market, the JOIN IN PROGRESS, which is huge for online gaming, and the advancements of AI. After this is released I think if OFP2 is released in 2006 it'd be considered to soon.

This will be Great For Mods becuase they will now have better scripts to work with meaning that they will produce better addons biggrin_o.gif

Sounds great, just what community need´s before ofp2. I really can´t tell about the graphics improvements but that join in progress sounds very good. Only bad thing about this is that it propably means more modding and no vacation biggrin_o.gif .

ok first topic.. what do you guys think about BIS upgrading OFp?

Ah BIS gave us so many updates and now this an improved engine that fully supports all addons, It just can't get any better! smile_o.gif

I do hope Armed Assault introduces those few nifty scripting functions and eventHandlers from VBS1 and maybe few more...

In any case, great stuff smile_o.gif

this is ofp2! crazy_o.gif  (u know ,the named armed assault game it is infact the ofp2! but codies are the name owner ,and bis can´t call armed assault ofp2 !) corect me please if im wrong! wink_o.gif

AA is NOT OFP2.... that is known for sure. Its basiclly OFP with a better engine, new story, and diffrent maps as I understand it. Its very clear that the AA screenshots are totally diffrent then the OFP2 screens. Its kinda like OFP 1.5

Man I can't wait for this ! It's going to the best thing since HL2 or even DoD Source when it comes out biggrin_o.gif

this is ofp2! crazy_o.gif (u know ,the named armed assault game it is infact the ofp2! but codies are the name owner ,and bis can´t call armed assault ofp2 !) corect me please if im wrong! wink_o.gif

Nooo Nooo Nooo!!!

Armed Assault is OFP1.5 an engine upgrade but a step taken to rectify some terminal faults in OFP1's engine and to keep the community busy till OFP2 is release in late 2006/early 2007.

Dont mix this with OFP2 , codemasters have trademarks of Operation Flashpoint with them there was calling the game OFP2 is not allowed but we'll see what happens we have 2 years till its release hopefully we'll get the name back.

And AA is NOT OFP2 its an upgrade for the current OFP and BIS is not stopping here OFP2 will be made so everyone quit getting confused and propogating these wrong rumours.

I think its a great idea. Operation Flashpoint is my favorite game of all time, I still play it even though it's pushing 4 years old now (other games i get bored of in a matter of weeks). The new engine looks up to par with other games on the market, the JOIN IN PROGRESS, which is huge for online gaming, and the advancements of AI. After this is released I think if OFP2 is released in 2006 it'd be considered to soon.

Some very good points i think, they will suly want to make money from this before flashpoint2 hits the streets, pluss when flash2 does come out, AA will die, unless the two are compatable...?

I'll be getting the gameany way.  I love Flashpoint 1, (Flashpoint 2 will also be added to my collection in due time).

One thing that concerns me though; is this basically a supped up multi player game like Joint Ops? Or will it have a decent single player game?  I'm not an online gamer and was put off buying joint ops becose of that.

I'm sure AA looks and plays very well, and it has the mission editor and everything,  but i want a game that i can play on my own biggrin_o.gif

@Acecombat

Quote[/b] ]... AA is NOT OFP2 its an upgrade for the current OFP and BIS is not stopping here OFP2 will be made so everyone quit getting confused and propogating these wrong rumours.

When an minour changes are made to a product it gets a new version number (like 1.3 or 1.96 (current ofp));

When significent changes are made, ones that change the original format, the whole thing gets bumpped up a level (like 2.0 etc).

With this in mind;  AA is flashpoint2 and flashpoint 2 will infact be flashpoint 3  crazy_o.gif