honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan - DELTA FORCE

That's not a file name, it's the class name of BAS MH-6 Little Bird for OFPR v. 1.85+. You need the following files:

bas_lbs.pbo

bas_lbs185.pbo

bas_soar.pbo

bas_soar185.pbo

bas_soarpilots.pbo

and probably JAM2 or 3 too.

Here's a link for all BAS stuff in one:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/forum/index.php?showtopic=23127

There's also some CBT, HYK, LSR & MCAR in that package, you can delete them, they are not related to BAS addons. Leave the C8X, SUHC, JAM and TACTevents.

YEAH YEAH i downloaded the hole content and it GOES , THANKS THANKS THANKS YOU ARE THE BOSS METAL HEART notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif .

THANX ANOTHER TIME

I had a hard time locating this file (the links on ofp.info appear broken), then felt like a total idiot when I found it at filefront. Ahh well, no wonder my wife doesn't believe me when I tell her I'm a genius :P

BTW, this looks like a great campaign...can't wait to try it out.

Oh and ...hello from the new guy smile_o.gif

Red Hammer Studios T-45/55 pack v1.20

I thought I had everything lined up and ready to go but I guess I was wrong. Through all my Google'ing, I only managed to come up with the newer Toyota Hilux version....v1.1 doesn't seem to be hosted anywhere. However, this did not show as an error when loading the campaign. The error that did come up reads: "No entry 'campaigns\dma da df ah.catintro\description.ext.Campaign'

The campaign showed up in the book, but of course would not load. Did I miss something?

I had the same problem you have to put it in MISSIONS folder not in CAMPAIGN folder, hehe same problem as me...

Good luck wink_o.gif

Countfloyd, thanks for the info....worked like a charm. And MAN is it fun! The immersion and options are incredible. I'm really glad I decided to give OPF another try...never was able to get it to work properly before. But now, all is well smile_o.gif

Without your help rollnloop and without help of metal heart i never done it...

THE BEST OFP I EVER PLAYED ,this mission gives you a lot of liberty BEST THAN OFP CAMPAIGN

Thanks guys FOR ALL notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

just aquestion btw guys, i have a "missing MCAR_engine " message at each start, i click OK and the mission runs, but still i would like not to have it.

I have of course the MCAR_Engine in my addon folder, so it's really weird.

Do you have the same error message guys ?

If you don't have it, please tell me what size and date is you MCAR_engine file, thanks in advance smile_o.gif

rollnloop, I got the same msg so I went and dl'd it. I put it the Res/addons folder. File is dated 1/1/2006 and is 90kb. It was listed as one of the 'needed addons' for the CBT hmmwv iirc.

Thanks a lot. smile_o.gif

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, i have tried with this version you tell me (0.801), also with 0.9 and 0.91, and wherever i put them (my afghan mod/addons folder, res/addons or simply addons), MCAR_engine is still reported missing at mission start.

Wich version of combat_HMMVW do you have ? I have 1.2.1, tought it could be related.

I also have some script text on top of screen about those HMMVW after resting at base, am i alone ?

i dont have that problem rollnloop , try to download CBT_HMMVW 1.0 thats which i have and i dont have any problem

Good luck

Thanks for help, i downloaded CBT_HMMWV 1.0 and CBT_misc1.0, with the MCAR engine 0.801, but still have this error message.

It'll stay a mistery, as long as it works np, thanks all for your help smile_o.gif

Lol that message appeared me in one mission while i finished resting icon_rolleyes.gif

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW RAID MISSIONS GOES, what is the objective capture someone? but WHO?

A guy who wears no mask, standing in the target circle.

Sometimes you have to kill him, sometimes to capture him.

Well, I hope any of the mission designers can help me with my questions: I did not manage to get the mission started. I wanted the addon-heavy variety and searched a while to find all required addons. I have GOTY edition with patch 1.96.

Nearly all of them, however, were only available in a more recent version than listed in this tread or in an altogether other form like Toyota Hilux which I found only as a 'special edition' ; same goes for the island CAT Afghanistan (it was available as 'revisited 1.2' and 'revisited special edition 1.2'wink_o.gif.

Now I put them all in a new addon folder (except the .intro files for CAT island which went to the Res/addons folder) , named it @Dynamic Afghanistan Delta Force and made a shortcut to this folder.

Didn't work. Upon starting the mission (it was inside missions folder) OFP told me it was missing all of the addons i actually had in my newly created folder.

I tried also to use Kegetys OFp launcher 2.18 but this also had no effect.

I know from some time ago when checking another addon, forgot which it was, that this little bugger wouldn't start from a modfolder; instead i had to put it into my Res/addons folder, a procedure of which I usually strongly disapprove since doing that on a regular basis will lead any install of OFP quickly into a mess.

So, I don't want to put all of my Dynamic Afghanistan stuff into the Res/addons folder, especially not the old BAS files since they will cause conflicts if I would try to load my @Tonalredux folder any time after that.

Any ideas on what could be done to make this mission run on my system?

tourist

@Tourist:

Take spaces out? Give that a try. Change it to @DADF or something insted

Thank You, Blazin, taking out the spaces in the name of my modfolder did the trick. I still receive messages about missing addons which are definitely there, but I played a couple of missions already and all vehicles and units seem to work.

But unfortunately saving doesn't work; I had studied the readme and therefor only saved at base near the video instruction area and tried then to press the 'continue' button. First time it went well but when I quitted playing, switched off the PC and tried to load a couple of hours later, I got a CTD. Same thing when doing a new game, saving after one mission and loading the game. Neither inside the base nor, after quitting and reopening OFP, from main menu I could load my progress. Instead, CTD again.

Well, I've been playing the Dynamic Tonal and the Sonora Campaigns before and those had saving systems similar to Dynamic Afghanistan - but with those missions saving and loading worked on my PC flawlessly and numerous times.

I would be glad if you had any tips on what could have gone wrong with the Dynamic Afghanistan saving.

tourist

crazy_o.gif

I dunno this one...

Are you running any other mods at all?

IE. ECP?

Has it done it a few times (Like, you start again, save again, and load again... And CTD again?)

Maybe you have to RESTART then LOAD from the video table thing, insted of pressing continue. Thats how it worked in some of the Dynamic missions I've played (I aint played this one for a long time).