honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan - DELTA FORCE

Quote[/b] ]but later on today i hope to get my computer set up so i can get the nearly finished stuff off it and send them to munk to finish off as theres not much needs doing...

"HURRAY!"

you make me one happy banana yay.gif

Should have the stuff today biggrin_o.gif

I've been looking into hidden selections etc. the last few days, thinking about adding random textures (hat, waistcoat, skirt etc) into it. Unfortunatly a) I havent done it before b) It'll delay the release yet again and c) Im 99.9% sure its not MP compatible.

If I decide to try and do this for GMER 1.3 (currently not planned to go past 1.2) I'd want to change all the jjr tags as allow we used his addon as a base Rabbit and Myself have put a lot of work into it. It means it wont be backwards compatible but all that will need doing is changing any 'jjr's to the new tag, probably 'gmer'.

Sorry for nicking your thread honcho but as one of the people putting it to use I value your input.

just make the gme 1.3

separate addon since it will be totally diffeent

i think that having too much hidden selections like generic opfor gives more lag in large numbers for lower end comps, so pls keep the addons separate but if you guys keep the lag down make it the same pack

Well what im thinking of doing is just giving the mission editor the option to select what colour clothing they're wearing.

Say your to take out a certain officer during a meeting, you know its him because he's got a black beret when the rest have blue ones...

that should be the best solution to keep the pack MP compatible thumbs-up.gif

Well what im thinking of doing is just giving the mission editor the option to select what colour clothing they're wearing.

Say your to take out a certain officer during a meeting, you know its him because he's got a black beret when the rest have blue ones...

very true

no its not out yet, but the mission is done, I am waiting for the release of the GMER 1.2

once they are released I will need a short time to addapt it to the new unit names, and will release it shortly after wink_o.gif

Well, GMER 1.2 is now available! Why did I have to choose the next week to be on holiday, why? sad_o.gif

I am sorry to report that the DA:Delta Force mission took some serious setbacks, ending the mission after the first assignment crazy_o.gif

I guess I hit a dead end trying to make the mission spawning lagfree. So it will take a little longer then expected to get everything back in place. huh.gif

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the mission will be out, when all bugs are squashed. Sorry for breaking the promise, to release the mission shortly after the release of the GMER 1.2.

\writes in notebook: Never make any promises on release dates wink_o.gif

I don't mind spawning lag, as long as the mission runs smooth. Keep up the good work. thumbs-up.gif

I dunno what's so hard about getting rid of a spawn lag. If i understand this right, it's just about adding all unit types into the editor that you'd want to spawn later.

(i always drop them over the ocean)

That way the resources are loaded at missionstart and not in the midst of the spawn, causing lags.

Anyways, good luck to you mate smile_o.gif

There is a bit more than spawn lag (it is not that much a problem, as we have several solutions for it) between now and Honchoblack mission release time.

But believe me the additional delay will really worth it.

Except I don't know how to customise all the units etc yet.

Are there any tutorials on this sort of thing - swapping out units, messing with scripts etc?

Sanctuarys Single Player Template will feature well commented scripts in order to

help people that are not used to scripting to be able to change the content (units/vehicles),

and maybe even adding new mission principles after reading the mission related scripts wink_o.gif

As for the Dynamic Afghanistan Mission, it will come in 3 flavors, and if that is not

enough, I may tell you that that is only the tip of the iceberg of the things to come smile_o.gif

/looks around to see if Tacrod or Sanctuary is around......sees them in the distance

All will be revealed soon, I dont dare to tell you more biggrin_o.gif

That sounds great honcho. I can't wait thats for sure!

How about making a GUI for assigning the units to the missions etc? That way the end user doesn't have to mess with scripts. I do programming but have never even looked at the OFP scripting language - is it easy?

Such a GUI would need all the addons that are needed for the mission variants, e.g. all units that will be available through such a GUI would have to be presented on the harddrive. So such a thing would not work out.

Sanctuarys approach is the best in my opinion, since he uses the default BIS units, by knowing the names of the units, its easy to change the units to desired ones. A great effort is put into making the scripts modular, which means that you can change units in a script, and dont have to worry about the need to change it in other scripts too, so its quite easy to change units, once you know which scripts are involved.

Quote[/b] ]I do programming but have never even looked at the OFP scripting language - is it easy?

Scripting is fairly easy, once you start reading scripts, just depbo the Dynamic Afghanistan mission and start reading the scripts. The heart of the DA mission is the sever/mission_control.sqs, read it and find out how the missions are called. The further scripts are started from there wink_o.gif

Once you understand the fairly easy DA scripts, you can move on to the more advanced scripting, which you can find at OFPEC wink_o.gif

Ok i got problems with DA mission as i said in the A&MC thread. I got all addons i double checked them myself and the missions boots me to the main menu after showing the intro , what gives?

And i dont get any missing addon errors either which i get otherwise if i am missing something.