honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan - DELTA FORCE

Any chance of these missions becoming Coop? Even it if just means I'm commander and the other guy just follows us around that'd be pretty cool (like if he's just a civilian that spawns back at base and can hitch a ride, if thats what it has to come down too). As you can tell, i got this thing for OFP coop stuff tounge_o.gif

i am sorry, but i believe that this mission will not function at all for multiplayer, but i havent tried it, but as i said it should not work at all sad_o.gif

but there is a multiplayer template in the works, that can be, once done easily be proted to any island and any conflict of your liking, find out about it in this thread wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45597

I want this CAMPAIGN NOW

don't wait for the new terro's to come out

JUST RELEASE NOW PLEASE wow_o.gif

i would if i could, unfortunatly the new units are integrated, the mission cant be played without them, but believe me, waiting for the GMER 1.2 is more than worth the wait wink_o.gif

161489171502.jpg

Can't wait for the new ver. Keep up the great work guys biggrin_o.gif

even though this mission isnt out yet i allready started converting the Addon Heavy version to a new island:

Remo`s Afghan Everon smile_o.gif

the mission is changed severly to take the new topography of this great map in account, the raw port is done, and i started the process of finetuning, which will take more time wink_o.gif

DMAAE2.jpg

DMAAE5.jpg

DMAAE3.jpg

DMAAE6.jpg

Due to lack of time, i have not tested this island yet, but from screenshots, it seems the different house are very close from each other.

Didn't this give problem to the AI ? while it looks very nice , it was already a problem in the main town for the rework of CAT Afghan island where the AI often stayed away from some areas of the town.

yes its true, some places are "troublesome" for the AI to enter, and i must admit that the main ammocrates at base/HQ are not reachable for the AI squadmembers, so its for the player only, but those tight placed houses add alot to the athmosphere, it just feels right, and sometimes the AI does enter houses, and goes through them, all is kind of unpredictable once fighting in cities, but its great fun smile_o.gif

the map itself is great, the looks and the elevations, everything just feels right, you should take a look yourself, you will like it for sure wink_o.gif

EDIT:in the mission capture the leader i played in the screenshots above the AI followed me through a house to a inner yard to the leader, so Remo did a good job on enterable houses, the AI uses them

DMA_AE_7.jpg

there are some exceptions too though, there is a portal/gate that is used often, the AI cant enter them, even though its a very large opening (the mentioned ammocrates above are reached through two of such portals/gates), but i will address the issues in the appropriate thread and maybe these minor problems from the else great map may be solved smile_o.gif

*drool* tounge_o.gif

That looks great honcho. Another version of DA that I want to play. wink_o.gif

Wow looking really nice wink_o.gif

Sorry if this has been answered before but I think I remember you posting that you had the mission pretty much done and you were waiting for some units to be released well just wondering do you have an update as to when those units may come out or if you plan to switch to a next set of units if those take too long to be released.

no switch to new units planned, all works on the mission is on hold untill the release of the Generic Middle East Rebells 1.2

i started some other OFP work meanwhile, but once the GMER 1.2 are released i will pick up work on the missions again.

Missions on hold are:

Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3

Dynamic Afghanitan : DELTA FORCE

Dynamic Afghanitan : DELTA FORCE ADDONHEAVY

Dynamic AfghanEveron

unfortunatly i have no idea when the GMER 1.2 are released

I really love those GMER, so i will keep them in the mission, i have an alpha version of the next update, and it will be worth the wait, the civilians in the pack will fit the afghan theme perfectly wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i started some other OFP work meanwhile,

could you fill us in? thumbs-up.gif

We could tell you, but unfortunately we would have to kill you and you would not be able to enjoy what will come.

Quote[/b] ]i started some other OFP work meanwhile,

could you fill us in? thumbs-up.gif

We could tell you, but unfortunately we would have to kill you and you would not be able to enjoy what will come.

you know sanc that your like the secratary of state and honch is like the president and im the media. every time honch says too much and i catch it your there to say its bs and i should not ask about it nener.gif

Personal issues have delayed Rabbits work on GMER. As far as I know he's got a all known bugs fixed on a couple of units which just need to be applied to the rest. He's trying to get it all to me ASAP

Sorry about the inconvience, if we lived in a world with complete bastards it would probably be out by now wink_o.gif

thank you for the update Munk smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As far as I know he's got a all known bugs fixed on a couple of units which just need to be applied to the rest. He's trying to get it all to me ASAP

sounds very good to me, I am really curious what has changed in the pack thumbs-up.gif

Should have the stuff today biggrin_o.gif

I've been looking into hidden selections etc. the last few days, thinking about adding random textures (hat, waistcoat, skirt etc) into it. Unfortunatly a) I havent done it before b) It'll delay the release yet again and c) Im 99.9% sure its not MP compatible.

If I decide to try and do this for GMER 1.3 (currently not planned to go past 1.2) I'd want to change all the jjr tags as allow we used his addon as a base Rabbit and Myself have put a lot of work into it. It means it wont be backwards compatible but all that will need doing is changing any 'jjr's to the new tag, probably 'gmer'.

Sorry for nicking your thread honcho but as one of the people putting it to use I value your input.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry for nicking your thread honcho but as one of the people putting it to use I value your input.

and i value your units, so dont worry about nicking my thread smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've been looking into hidden selections etc. the last few days, thinking about adding random textures (hat, waistcoat, skirt etc) into it. Unfortunatly a) I havent done it before b) It'll delay the release yet again and c) Im 99.9% sure its not MP compatible.

If I decide to try and do this for GMER 1.3

I would say leave it to a 1.3 version, I can remember the Generic OPFOR pack, it had alot of hidden sections and it ended up unplayable because of that, I think that hidden sections can mess an addon up. If you have predifined units they will work much more stable, specially in a MP enviroment.

To give you the needed time to get it right i would like to plea for a 1.3 version with hidden sections. whistle.gif

About changeing the Tag of the units once you work on a 1.3 version, i think the work you two invested in these units give you the right to do so, the GMER tag would be self explanatory and i will update my missions accordingly once you bring such a pack out wink_o.gif

hmmm yer 1.2 should have been out ages ago sad_o.gif

while i am online at the minute ...i'm only online when i can kick my brother off his computer ..but later on today i hope to get my computer set up so i can get the nearly finished stuff off it and send them to munk to finish off as theres not much needs doing...