honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan - DELTA FORCE

Thank you very much for helping me out Blazin. In fact, you were right about me using ECP. I should have remembered the mysterious ways of the OFP when it comes to combining addons.

While I played, saved, loaded the Dynamic Tonal Campaign 'Sonora' with Tonalredux and ECP addons combined (even using a special ECP with GRAA 3.0 addons and the appropriate config from GRAA 3.0 download) without ever experiencing a problem, the same didn't work for Dynamic Afghanistan, no matter if I took my special ECP+GRAA 3.0 or the unaltered standard ECP. But today I played Dynamic Afghanistan without ECP - worked fine, didn't make a difference if I pressed 'continue' from main menu or ingame, both ways it worked.

Later I tried loading DMA LEAN/ROLL mod together with Dynamic Afghanistan via Desktop Shortcut combination (-mod=DADFDAH;@DMALEAN) and this also worked fine.

One thing is still to mention, though: the saving system of Tonalredux 'Sonora' is slightly different from Dynamic Afghanistan's in one important aspect.

'Sonora' has a 'save' action as well as a 'load' action for the player's action menu if he is near his tent and therefor the creators of 'Sonora' stated it mandatory to start a new campaign every time you want to play 'Sonora' and had quitted OFP before, and then load the savegame when you are ingame via action menu by pressing 'load' after the new campaign game was started.

But you could also load a save when you stayed ingame, i.e. when your mission failed, your team lost almost all men but you made it back to base, you could press 'load' and you got your savegame from before that failed mission.

Unfortunately, you don't get a 'load' action in your action menu in Dynamic Afghanistan. There is just a 'save' action near the video table, and the only way to load a game is pressing the standard OFP option 'retry' or, if starting from main menu, 'continue'. Starting the mission as new mission will destroy your savegame.

So, my conclusion -thanks to your help and valuable tips- is that Tonalredux 'Sonora' works fine with ECP+GRAA 3.0 due to it's different saving/loading system or simply because even if some addons may work together, one of these won't do so with another partner.

tourist

heavy mod : i can't find cbt misc 1.1 ,rhs misc 1.0, is there anyone ? has got them?

I am trying to download the heavy mod to but it seems that the links are dead. Can any one help me ?

Quote[/b] ]I am trying to download the heavy mod to but it seems that the links are dead. Can any one help me ?

This seems to be gone at the usual places but try here:

Link to DMA Afgan AH

Whats the implications of porting this to ArmA?

WIll it work (excluding al the addons etc)

hi there

after hours of searching and installing (im quite new to ofp) i found all addons that are needed for heavy addon version

but i cant find the right version of JJR Generic Middle East Rebels 1.21 help.gif

im running the map with jrr generic middle east rebels v 1.1 updated, and i cant complete some missions because i think some units that use this addon dont spawn (couldnt find the leader in a raid-mission), i also had one patrol mission with no enemys at all

im surprised i can play it with ecp, graa3 and dmalean too,

theres just 1 little problem, i think caused from graa:

the faces look messed up

can anyone help me fixing the faces and more important: a link for the addon?

a pre-thx so far (dunno how to say that right in english? huh.gif)

p.s. also a BIG THX to all addon makers out there, great to see what can be done with a 6 year old game, u guys rock yay.gifnotworthy.gif

greez

stYler

ok i found the generic middle east rebels v 1.21 on ofpbase.com

didnt know that site

map works fine thumbs-up.gif

I know how to fix the faces, StYler...

Don't use GRAA! crazy_o.gif

It uses facestex crappy heads, meaning any addon using BIS heads get funked up faces.

jea i already read it in graa thread, thx anyway

i will now try to get graalight running with ecp, hopefully than it works

i played the mission a little bit more now, without graa just standard ecp, and i had a few problems, dunno if they r coming from ecp, i will play it again without ecp to figure it out

1. thing was, althoug i havent played that much, a few times my squad was stuck in terrain, and wasnt able to move in any direction, i guess thats a general problem with the cat island

than i had a CTD when i shot a tank with IT rounds from the heavy sniper and blowed it up , however at the next try, i blowed a tank up without any problems. (damn i love that weapon pistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif )

and a very weird bug, had it the last 2 extractions that i played:

one extraction went exactly like this:

i was in the field on a mission,mission not complete, i was hurt and went out of ammo, i called extraction heli NOT medevac heli, heli came picked me and squad up, flew btb, at base 1. thing was, heli tried to land on a landingpad that was already used by a little chopper, the landing almost lead to a crash, i was lucky that nothing bad happens, whole squad disembarked, heli back in the air, disappeared from my view in midair, but was not far away, and a message said EXTRACTION HELI DOWN or something like that huh.gif had that 2 times now at base, the other time i dont know what happened before. as long as i have unlimited extraction helis i dont care, just thought someone like to know... smile_o.gif

and another thing, i dont know if it should be like that..., when im in the field on a mission and i call for insertion heli, the heli is there right in the next seconds, shouldnt it take a while for the heli to fly to my position? or is it for saving time?

greez

styler

Is there a pack instead of having to download each addon? wink_o.gif

gah, I wanna play this mission but getting all these addons will take most the day

Links to all addons are dead.

Please reupload all addons to 1 or 2 links.

THANKS IF YOU DO THAT !

I found all of the needed addons at ofp.info afaik when I was looking for them, just put RHS/BAS/JJR/AG_Smith into the search and you'll find the stuff.

Saving on this mission doenst work good though, even by using the missions saving technique.

*sigh* After hours of trawling through the web trying to find the right addons , I finally get them, get ingame and it tells me that it can't load mission due to missing bas_mh6185.pbo . Which is bullshit because none of the addons listen contain that file.

Makes you wish they would include all the required add-ons with the file, or at least the option to download a bundle with all the required add-ons.

Their used to be a fixed bas_mh6185.pbo file on the avon ladys site years ago! I know because i downloaded it. I beleive some other site had it as well. It was that long ago i can't remember. The topic also came up on this site try searching for it (don't hold your breath on that one though because this sites search feature is shall we say not very good crazy_o.gif )

Oops my memorys not what it used to be crazy_o.gif . I'm getting mixed up with fixed bas_repair pbo. Then again i can't remember weather or not that fixed Bas repair pbo also stops the problems with the bas_mh6185.pbo. Dohh sory i'm a bit vauge but it was ages ago. crazy_o.gif

Damn, if only the load feature would be implemented from the Tonal "Sonora" campaign so we can load up from the tv screen. I would literally never stop playing this. I always get the CTD error when loading from a previously saved game sad_o.gif

Considering the great Honchoblack is nowhere to be found..I was wondering if anybody knows how and where I would look in this mission's code to implement an in-game load feature at the tv screen? A feature that the GDCE and Tonal mission has? That would make this mission completely functional again. I have some programming experience so I'd like to see if I can fix this thing myself. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I will not release this to the public as to break Honchoblack's "copyright", this is just to see if I can get this mission 100% working on my PC and maybe give it out privately to a couple of fellow OFP players who play this mission as well.

On the main menu,

No entry 'config.cpp/CfgWeapons/m16GrenadeLauncher.displayNameMagazine'

On the briefing screen,

Cannot load mission. Missing Addon : M925arctic

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

I'll try to help you when I get a chance, gotta do some homework.

dont worry, its still playable rofl.gif just want to know what those messages means? (especially the first one, no entry bla..bla...)

anyway, most of my squad always injured when using rappeling insertion? whats wrong? does anybody know that?

Nobody knows how to implement a load feature into the action menu for these type of campaigns/missions?

As far as I know I have no idea why your guys are getting injured from the rappel, I'm guessing it could be from your use of mods or lack thereof. I had the same problem on Armed Assault so I know what that's like, makes it almost unplayable. I play using TB's (You're the man Thunderbird, plz work for BIS one day.) FFUR FYI.