Sign in to follow this  
twisted

new americas army is out

Filefront is the best place to download just about anything game related.

As for the trainging missions. I kind of like the fact that you have to coplete training. It lets you familiarize yourself with the game, prevents a bunch of people who dont know what they are doing from running around, and it makes it so not everyones a medic, sniper, or sf.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone by bringing up Chinese literacy, I guess I was picturing a stereotype in my head. Anyway, as far as developement goes, China still has some explaining to do for Tiananmen square. Other minor things, too.

Apology accepted. smile_o.gif

Though I would point out that many countries do not own up to their previous actions. The USA one among many.

EDIT:: Real training cannot be replaced by videogames. Perfect practice makes Perfect execution of tactics. Not imitation replaces action. But I personally think that the level of training the enemy has is a moot point. I think it's inexcusable to limit the amount of training any troops recieve just because they are "relatively better". Did the American public during WWII blame the super-effectiveness of the German para-troopers on mountain climbing? Maybe. But instead of playing the blame game, the American government started training the Rangers and Airborne to fight the new threat! Instead of worrying about how computer-able Al-Queda members are (some of them are former USA Engineering alumni), Americans should encourage the military to invest in more insurgency/police/peacekeeping training for regular infantry. While I sympathize with the soldiers' fears, it seems that the US military is forced on a defensive survival game, rather than seizing the initiative and addressing the origins of discontent.

Sorry if I'm just a civilian, but I sometimes want to say something once in awhile. Feel free to chew me out for any misconceptions. unclesam.gif No, I haven't seen any of the really gory military movies and I can't imagine how unpleasant it is overseas. I'm just a nerdy university-bound Senior who is going into engineering, not West Point. So seriously, I can be wrong in many ways.

after playing this for a few levels i must say very cool.

the recoil on guns is sweet. if you want accuracy use your sights. the way the guns fire seem very very nice.

shoot full auto is hard and take effort to hold sights on target and thats just when standing still.

i'm gettting owned a lot less by rabbits thats sprays and run and more by people who take the time to aim.

taking the time to aim now lets me kill others without being penalised for that.

teamwork seems more natural as i experienced some guy working with me (more accurately i tagged with them casue i'm new at it but then we worked together) and it really was good.

New graphics are nice. and at one point i was shot by one of my own players cause i snuck up on them in the dark. i though NP i'm still alive but lol 2 minutes later i bled to death. i dont know if thats new but it sure as hell was funny.

overall a very improved and enjoyable experience IMHO.

Oh man I remember back in the Recon version of the game you had to complete MOUNT McKena (sp?) online to be able to fully access all other levels tounge_o.gif

With so many trying to authenticate I had to beat the damn MOUNT level bijilions of times!  

/hears beeps! crazy_o.gif

Ahh man i always thought that was the best level! tounge_o.gif I used to kick arse on that, always got the M249, and over like 7 rounds usually got over 20 kills, usually dying only a couple biggrin_o.gif

Wonder if my accounts still around, i only got it to 35 honour but enough to play SF biggrin_o.gif

New version sounds really cool though, i didnt mind the occasional AA game, that was just fun, but it got boring after a short while in its nature. If theyve made things abit smarter then it should be alot better ie alot longer lasting.

I personally enjoy the Urban Assault map so far. It's not new, but if teammates stay together the get the objectives, you get almost an immersing experience. I just wish people would call out for medics more. I already have 15 honor now so I don't need the points, but its pleasant to know that I help people maintain their accuracy. Plus its more of a roleplaying experience for me. smile_o.gif

I also like how the new SF maps are so large and story based. I see a potential in players patrolling together like a real A-team to the objectives. Hopefully I can find more games where both teams are competitive and understande teamwork and strategy. The games are the best when both sides are able to throw each other unexpectantly every other round.

I used to love playing Medic in OFP as well.

Like you said...it's the roleplaying. The fact that I am participating in combat but also have a responsibility to heal and not take too many risks as I am there to help team mates maintain accuracy.

Poor medic...a much maligned role in the FPS genre.

Don't people realise that medics are the ones that get access to all the cool drugs biggrin_o.gif

Mmmm.....morphiney.

I love playing Urban Assault and choose the west side. Then get the sniper and pwn everyone! biggrin_o.gif

Its great fun to snipe on that map. In my opinion UA is the best map in AA ever.

Others are Bridge SE, CSAR and Pipeline.

im completely new to the America's Army scene, does this game enable map making or similar tools?

No. Just shooting.

Yea since the army owns it your not allowed to mod anything in the game sad_o.gif

I love playing Urban Assault and choose the west side. Then get the sniper and pwn everyone!  biggrin_o.gif

Its great fun to snipe on that map. In my opinion UA is the best map in AA ever.

In 2.3 that map was just a big arena with players spaming nades from one respawn to the other, plus the shooting was very spray and let ping decide. I liked SFvillage and SFcsar, nice looking maps though a bit small.

I dont like the fact that most maps are small and put you right into the action, not much freedom there nor mid range shootings, SFrecon was a good looking map but the framerates were terrible, anyone noticed any performance improvements with UT2.5 engine rock.gif .

I love playing Urban Assault and choose the west side. Then get the sniper and pwn everyone! biggrin_o.gif

In 2.3 that map was just a big arena with players spaming nades from one respawn to the other, plus the shooting was very spray and let ping decide. I liked SFvillage and SFcsar, nice looking maps though a bit small.

I dont like the fact that most maps are small and put you right into the action, not much freedom there nor mid range shootings, SFrecon was a good looking map but the framerates were terrible, anyone noticed any performance improvements with UT2.5 engine rock.gif .

I also think that the lack of "quiet time" is a little disappointing in an immersion standpoint. I always loved how in ofp your teamates would move into positions before meeting any ai opfor.

OFP multiplay was fun, especially playing as a medic running away from artillery. tounge_o.gif

When Armed Assault comes out, I hope that coop in the OFP universe will be revived by join-in-progress. These days I need to prepare for college and I just get depressed by the long multiplayer wait times.

Which map do you guys play? So far I've only tried out Urban Assault of the new maps.. don't like the M16.

I dont care so much for the sf stuff. I just stick with insurgent camp wink_o.gif

Which map do you guys play? So far I've only tried out Urban Assault of the new maps.. don't like the M16.

I've only played Urban Assault too, out of the new maps, its kind of dissapointing, just sandstorm with more visibility and two objectives.

More maps like Radio Tower and desperatley needed.

....ugh...urban assault is sandstorm with more visibility and objectives rock.gif they are total opposites..

I think you guys are too harsh on AA...keep in mind that ofp and AA are two different games.

My favorite map would have to be bridge crossing. just because it is so simple and probably the most enjoyable map of them all.

I played SF_courtyard but it seemed a little bit complicated, as with are all the new sf maps. Its good to see more sf exclusives too just besides pipeline.

My friend keeps bitching to me because he can't pass the sf training lol tounge_o.gif But I guess probably the most memorable moments of aa is the training...nothing playing an hour + to complete the special forces training.

I think urban assault is a good map, but the other one woodland outpost sucks. Urban assault is fun as long as you are on a halfway decent team that sticks together wink_o.gif

I dont care so much for the sf stuff. I just stick with insurgent camp wink_o.gif

Bwahhh! Nade spammer tounge_o.gif .

Really now, are there any performance improvements with UE 2.5, because insurgent camp is a 90 FPS map but some SF maps run awfull, also Urban Assault isnt new, that was a 2.3 map wink_o.gif .

Well I haven't played since February lol. Had too much to do.

Urban Assault is kind of like CSAR, but bigger and with fewer open houses - supposed to give you street fire fights kind of.

Now I've tried that Water Treatment map aswell. It's pretty nice, it reminds of Pipeline but this one's larger too. I like CQB maps, that's where AA has its strength.

I probably should get a headset again so that I can hear footsteps and damage my hearing when a SAW goes off near me like everyone else.

....ugh...urban assault is sandstorm with more visibility and objectives  rock.gif they are total opposites..

Sure, in terms of looks, but gameplay is very similiar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. wink_o.gif

Join the Army? Ha!

If this game has taught me anything it is that 1) if you look a little to the side you can see through fog (tried it in real life..didn't work)

You can't see through fog, however it is easier to see things in the dark or in foggy weather if you focus your eyes on one point and concentrate on another point (without moving your eyes ofcourse). There's a little blind spot in your eyes, that's why you sometimes don't see stars when you look directly at them but when you look a bit to the side of them they suddenly appear...

Try it, i often sit outside at night and sometimes it's pretty foggy, looking next to the place that you actually want to look at will make it easier to see movement or the shape of a human body smile_o.gif

Sure it'll be a bit blurry but still...

Join the Army? Ha!

If this game has taught me anything it is that 1) if you look a little to the side you can see through fog (tried it in real life..didn't work)

You can't see through fog, however it is easier to see things in the dark or in foggy weather if you focus your eyes on one point and concentrate on another point (without moving your eyes ofcourse).  There's a little blind spot in your eyes, that's why you sometimes don't see stars when you look directly at them but when you look a bit to the side of them they suddenly appear...

Try it, i often sit outside at night and sometimes it's pretty foggy, looking next to the place that you actually want to look at will make it easier to see movement or the shape of a human body smile_o.gif

i think he meant this:

EDIT: no those arent the real distancethingys :P

naamloos9ov.jpg

Ive downloaded this for the first time and Im in training. But what happens after ive completed the training. Is it like flashpoint finding online coops,, or is it CTF based?

Ive downloaded this for the first time and Im in training.  But what happens after ive completed the training.  Is it like flashpoint finding online coops,, or is it CTF based?

round-based TDM with objectives tounge_o.gif

Join the Army? Ha!

You can't see through fog, however it is easier to see things in the dark or in foggy weather if you focus your eyes on one point and concentrate on another point (without moving your eyes ofcourse).  There's a little blind spot in your eyes, that's why you sometimes don't see stars when you look directly at them but when you look a bit to the side of them they suddenly appear...

i know what he means.. you can see better in the dark when u do it as well