Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

Hmm, now we need to know what the new things included with AA are... from someone that's been there to see *cough*...

And if it is addon friendly biggrin_o.gif .

There must be something new on it not just a OPF new engine. As I said before, I dont recon those Islands and there is Littlebirds flying around, so there would be new missions,[dreaming mod on] or maybe a campain[/dreaming mod off]

And YES!! im buying that for sure!

I'm just wondering if he means that missions and addons from ofp will be compatable in AA, or if he means that AA users can play with ofp users online

so the AA is the new gren. of Breath, sounds reasonable

only little question left to ask Ralph:

sooooooooo..............did they show you the Xbox and AA engine - real time? rock.gif  tounge_o.gif

dont need to said much, just a little "yes" or "no" wink_o.gif

added:just a crazy though, what would happened if codie ever going to sell OFP name for some cash?

Some moderator should change the name of this topic since it's misleading.

Day 1 down, 2 days to go, having fun people? wink_o.gif

Placebo posting from FedEx Kinko on Figeuroa smile_o.gif

http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/action/25505/

Did anybody mention this, yet? Sorry, but I have to leave to school now and have no time to check it. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint

equivalent two successors get 19.05.2005, 04:34

Operation Flashpointdeveloper Bohemia Interactive works directly on two titles, which remind spielerisch of the classical author. On the E3 we regarded both. The play, which has still no name, is most exciting. According to own statement Bohemia works on a "PC play of the next generation".

Reminded of operation the Flashpoint, should be substantially more dynamic however. Thus a war raves in each of the three story-kapitel, in which friendly and hostile AI units fight around the clock. From the war happening generate the play missions, which you in the first story-kapitel as a simple soldier denies. In the second chapter you lead own troops as a commander into the field and devise self missions. The third chapter shifts you into the kevlar armament of an elite soldier, who creeps and sabotages behind the hostile lines. As in operation Flashpoint drive or fly you in addition tanks, helicopters, LKWs, jeeps and boats. Game of roles elements are to pepper the battles: They hold rudimentary conversations with soldiers ("like many Russian tanks you saw?") and the talents of your soldier improve in the play process. Bohemia did not find a Publisher however yet; the nameless play appears besides at the earliest at the end of of 2006. Why is the play at all nameless? Because the rights are because of the name operation Flashpoint with Publisher Codemasters, Bohemia at present however with Codemasters together does not work. Armed Assault is a graphically improved Remake of operation Flashpoint. The tactics Shooter plays again in an island world, again fights to NATO troops against Soviets, and the play mechanics also remain the same: At first you fight as soldier, pilot or tank drivers in dynamic battles, later in the play kommandieren you their own battalion including tanks and helicopters. In the comparison to the original Armed Assault offers more highly dissolved textures and detailed models, nevertheless works the diagram angestaubt. To appear Armed Assault is in 4. Quarter 2005.

apologies for bablefish usage, mein deutschesverstehen ist fubar...

e301.JPG

Quote[/b] ]

Operation Flashpointdeveloper Bohemia Interactive works directly on two titles, which remind spielerisch of the classical author. On the E3 we regarded both.

The play, which has still no name, is most exciting. According to own statement Bohemia works on a "PC play of the next generation". Reminded of operation the Flashpoint, should be substantially more dynamic however. Thus a war raves in each of the three story-kapitel, in which friendly and hostile AI units fight around the clock. From the war happening generate the play missions, which you in the first story-kapitel as a simple soldier denies. In the second chapter you lead own troops as a commander into the field and devise self missions. The third chapter shifts you into the kevlar armament of an elite soldier, who creeps and sabotages behind the hostile lines. As in operation Flashpoint drive or fly you in addition tanks, helicopters, LKWs, jeeps and boats. Game of roles elements are to pepper the battles: They hold rudimentary conversations with soldiers ("like many Russian tanks you saw?") and the talents of your soldier improve in the play process. Bohemia did not find a Publisher however yet; the nameless play appears besides at the earliest at the end of of 2006. Why is the play at all nameless? Because the rights are because of the name operation Flashpoint with Publisher Codemasters, Bohemia at present however with Codemasters together does not work.

Armed Assault is a graphically improved Remake of operation Flashpoint. The tactics Shooter plays again in an island world, again fights to NATO troops against Soviets, and the play mechanics also remain the same: At first you fight as soldier, pilot or tank drivers in dynamic battles, later in the play kommandieren you their own battalion including tanks and helicopters. In the comparison to the original Armed Assault offers more highly dissolved textures and detailed models, nevertheless works the diagram angestaubt. To appear Armed Assault is in 4. Quarter 2005.

A little bit hard to understand but it sounds revolutionary. Maybe Im just reading this wrong, but the part about randomly generated missions in a non-stop war sounds like the whole game is sort of like those user made dynamic campaign missions. And there is going to be a role-playing element where you can develop your characters? Sounds like BIS is completely outdoing theirselves and is gonna blow all the competition out of the water once again!

A little bit hard to understand but it sounds revolutionary.  Maybe Im just reading this wrong, but the part about randomly generated missions in a non-stop war sounds like the whole game is sort of like those user made dynamic campaign missions.  And there is going to be a role-playing element where you can develop your characters? Sounds like BIS is completely outdoing theirselves and is gonna blow all the competition out of the water once again!

Hopefully a Multiplayerable/saveable dynamic campaign. smile_o.gif

Did anybody mention this, yet? Sorry, but I have to leave to school now and have no time to check it. wink_o.gif

in 4. Quarter 2005.

I don't want to spoil the party, but the article ends with the ominous sentence: "Despite the graphical remake of OFP, the graphics are looking a bit weathered/shop-soiled."

in 4. Quarter 2005.

I don't want to spoil the party, but the article ends with the ominous sentence: "Despite the graphical remake of OFP, the graphics are looking a bit weathered/shop-soiled."

We've yet to see a high resolution pic of AA, have we?

BIS did show me the demonstration in real time. in other words they were playing it in front of me.

the screenshot by above mentioned German magazine is OFP2, in game. i'd like to remind you that it is still a work in progress. it's what the engine can do that knocked me out, not the graphics alone.

A little bit hard to understand but it sounds revolutionary.  Maybe Im just reading this wrong, but the part about randomly generated missions in a non-stop war sounds like the whole game is sort of like those user made dynamic campaign missions.  And there is going to be a role-playing element where you can develop your characters? Sounds like BIS is completely outdoing theirselves and is gonna blow all the competition out of the water once again!

it is indeed revolutionary. my jaws dropped at the stuffs that were already implemented and it's beyond many's imagination. I actually told Marek, "What more improvements can you guys make in OFP3 if OFP2 is this good?!?"

Do you know what features this Armed Assualt engine will have? smile_o.gif

man Ralphie. I wish I was you. Not just to look at that suff but to say to Maruk and Placebo, Hi I'm Ralph Wiggum. If I was there they would know who I am. I'll be like I'm Batdog wink_o.gif

BIS did show me the demonstration in real time. in other words they were playing it in front of me.

the screenshot by above mentioned German magazine is OFP2, in game. i'd like to remind you that it is still a work in progress. it's what the engine can do that knocked me out, not the graphics alone.

Still, couldn't we get some hires work-in-progress screenshots? Just a handful? rock.gif

it is indeed revolutionary. my jaws dropped at the stuffs that were already implemented and it's beyond many's imagination. I actually told Marek, "What more improvements can you guys make in OFP3 if OFP2 is this good?!?"

Ugh! Your not exactly making the one year wait any easier! (Keep the info coming!) wink_o.gif

I don't have details about AA engine. It can be thought as OFP engine 1.5. So many improvements are in it.

Batdog,

you should have seen the "oh shit, what have we here" look when I identified myself. tounge_o.gif just kidding.

im sure there will be plenty of pics and even a trailer either today or tomorrow smile_o.gif

Still, couldn't we get some hires work-in-progress screenshots? Just a handful? rock.gif

i couldn't get one myself. If could have, I'd have shared it with you guys. basically, the image upthere is what you will see in-game without lag.

sad_o.gif

And I was just coming here to make my 'contribution' to the conspiracy theories and say that maybe AA would infact be a 'remake' of the old OFP...

A little late I see wink_o.gif

basically, the image upthere is what you will see in-game without lag.

No no no. Look at the image carefully. It's been pixelized and distorted or resized or whatever.

Honestly, at this point after these announcements, some elementary pics are in order.

Just noted that GameSpot has no mentioned of anything to do with OFP or BIS in their E3 list. I checked under Codemasters, too. Nada.