Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

Where do you see Army? The only man with woodland camo is holding an M16A4, so he can well be a Marine who hasn't been issued MARPAT yet. True, he could also be an Army soldier with an M16A4, they have been used in small amounts by the Army, but considering how Marine-heavy every single other shot is I'm leaning toward him being a Marine. I'm going to assume the U.S units in OFP2 are USMC only for the moment.

M1A2 Abrams is not used by the marines.

STGN

No it isn't. But the M1A1 HA is.

edit: Unless you see some detail on it that makes it an M1A2 of course, I'm no expert. smile_o.gif

Where do you see Army? The only man with woodland camo is holding an M16A4, so he can well be a Marine who hasn't been issued MARPAT yet. True, he could also be an Army soldier with an M16A4, they have been used in small amounts by the Army, but considering how Marine-heavy every single other shot is I'm leaning toward him being a Marine. I'm going to assume the U.S units in OFP2 are USMC only for the moment.

M1A2 Abrams is not used by the marines.

STGN

No it isn't. But the M1A1 HA is.

edit: Unless you see some detail on it that makes it an M1A2 of course, I'm no expert. smile_o.gif

I think he is refering tothis detail wink_o.gif , but im no expert too

more43gj.jpg

heh, that jordan bloke is posting more and more screenies from the flashpoint ftp site.

How much more can he get away with??

Plus why is there a folder called e32005 shown to the world?

Erm, maybe it's BI's way of getting us worked up, or maybe it's the pop-corn manufacurers way of getting more buisness?

- Ben

I think he is refering tothis detail wink_o.gif , but im no expert too

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/6018/more43gj.jpg

You are right! I think this is the tank commander's thermal imaging turret and it is part of the M1A2 package. I stand corrected. Looks like there is some Army stuff in FP2 after all.

I'm hoping there is both Army and Marine stuff in the game. Or perhaps it is just the new Army digital camo scheme. The new ACU should be given out to the Army soon. Check here

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=6042

There are 3 types they said. So maybe we aren't seeing MARPAT at all.. But then what about the A4.. And that one APC looks like a Marine carrier... I wish we had some offical word smile_o.gif

I think this is the tank commander's thermal imaging turret and it is part of the M1A2 package. I stand corrected. Looks like there is some Army stuff in FP2 after all.

The question is if there's also thermal imaging views in OFP2? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

more43gj.jpg

Look at that goofy woman-hipped bastard. Terrible. I quote my new hero from the ofp.info board:

QUOTE from OFP.INFO:

I also have played the game since it first came out. I remember playing the demo on my old old pc which only displayed the ground with no textures on it wub.gif ... I have sat here at my new pc and watched OFP1 grow into one of the best Shooter Sims out there; this community, on this website, making advances and breakthroughts in improving OFP1 every day. We have done this work for free, through the love of the game. Over the last 4 years we have built up OFP1 from being a 4 island, 20 unit game into being a theatre where you can for example: reinact the siege at karbul, emerse yourself into hardcore vietnam or skydive into snow covered Finland to liberate a village from Russian rebels.

In the past year alone we have seen the comming of the FDF mod, handsignals, weather/clouds, transparent water, a civilian population, whole WW1/WW2 armies, Kegetys effects pack...The list goes on and on. So excuse me for being negative but if this is what an unpaid group of fans can produce i would expect a heck of alot more than a few screens from the paid professionals at BIS.

SAVE OFP!!

@ May 17 2005,15:31)]Look at that goofy woman-hipped bastard. Terrible. I quote my new hero from the ofp.info board:

QUOTE from OFP.INFO:

I also have played the game since it first came out. I remember playing the demo on my old old pc which only displayed the ground with no textures on it wub.gif ... I have sat here at my new pc and watched OFP1 grow into one of the best Shooter Sims out there; this community, on this website, making advances and breakthroughts in improving OFP1 every day. We have done this work for free, through the love of the game. Over the last 4 years we have built up OFP1 from being a 4 island, 20 unit game into being a theatre where you can for example: reinact the siege at karbul, emerse yourself into hardcore vietnam or skydive into snow covered Finland to liberate a village from Russian rebels.

In the past year alone we have seen the comming of the FDF mod, handsignals, weather/clouds, transparent water, a civilian population, whole WW1/WW2 armies, Kegetys effects pack...The list goes on and on. So excuse me for being negative but if this is what an unpaid group of fans can produce i would expect a heck of alot more than a few screens from the paid professionals at BIS.

SAVE OFP!!

Ok, its easy, dont play ofp2.

@ May 17 2005,15:31)]http://img231.echo.cx/img231/6018/more43gj.jpg

Look at that goofy woman-hipped bastard. Terrible...

I think it's slightly unfair to judge the way the guy's standing in a still picture, I'm sure it will look a lot better in motion.

I agree that the community has done wonders, but this does make it hard for BIS to surpass, very hard.

well the community did a lot...true

so they can use some of the best addons out there in an enhanched version or modded anyhow to fit in the ofp2 engine.its simple and it ll keep ppl happy wink_o.gif

No Dough...No Show! Appease me...I am your customer.

so they can use some of the best addons out there in an enhanched version or modded anyhow to fit in the ofp2 engine.its simple and it ll keep ppl happy  wink_o.gif

Hmm, this is a very newbish question, but will the unofficial addons that have been made for OFP1 be compatible with OFP2?

so they can use some of the best addons out there in an enhanched version or modded anyhow to fit in the ofp2 engine.its simple and it ll keep ppl happy wink_o.gif

Hmm, this is a very newbish question, but will the unofficial addons that have been made for OFP1 be compatible with OFP2?

don't think so.

I think we need to cut BIS some slack. After all there is a limited number of people working on the game. The community has done a lot. However, there are hundreds of people making addons. How many people even work at BIS? Also one thing a official game does is Standardize the board. True, there have been a lot of addons and effects. But not everybody has those effects. Also where are all of these great missions with these fancy addons? I see a lot of fluff but very little substance. That's something BIS can offer.

We also don't know what other improvements have been made. I'm not in it for the graphics. If I was I wouldn't still be playing OFP even with the community addons. It's about gameplay. Also, BIS doesn't really owe us anything. We gave them our money they didn't force us. I like what I see and I will buy it smile_o.gif If it's not worth it to some then that's fine to. But I'm happy biggrin_o.gif

When I examine the name of the person that posted the screenshots:

Jordan Man Darek

Marek

And

Ondrej

Which leaves just a single ''a''. Too much of a coincidence. Either the person doing that was trying to be funny, or BIS is trying to f*ck with us all wink_o.gif (most likely). I can just see them sitting there, laughing their asses off because of everyones guessing. It wouldn't be the first time they did something funny. Just look at the easter eggs in OFP and the Fun page wink_o.gif

so they can use some of the best addons out there in an enhanched version or modded anyhow to fit in the ofp2 engine.its simple and it ll keep ppl happy  wink_o.gif

don't think so.

But I dont think it will be that hard to convert them to OFP2 addons.

don't think so.

But I dont think it will be that hard to convert them to OFP2 addons.

thats true, just take VBS for example, all you need to do is to tweak some code, for OFP2 it should be a bit more then that, but i think it would not be very hard to do so

Well you'll need some sort of export funtion in O2 or the new tool which BIS will use maybe can import old .p3d files or something, that would be really nice. Same with Visitor2. smile_o.gif

I dont think the guys at BIS should waste their time competing with the addons made by the community. They will certainly lose. Instead they should focus on getting the engine right.

Come to think of it, actually I don't care how their models look like! I am not going to buy ofp2 because of some models ad textures. That is not important in the long run. What matters is what kind of gameplay the engine will permit.

I think he is refering tothis detail  wink_o.gif  , but im no expert too

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/6018/more43gj.jpg

You are right! I think this is the tank commander's thermal imaging turret and it is part of the M1A2 package. I stand corrected. Looks like there is some Army stuff in FP2 after all.

Or BIS just did another realism screw-up. tounge_o.gif

When I examine the name of the person that posted the screenshots:

Jordan Man Darek

Marek

And

Ondrej

Which leaves just a single ''a''. Too much of a coincidence. Either the person doing that was trying to be funny, or BIS is trying to f*ck with us all wink_o.gif (most likely). I can just see them sitting there, laughing their asses off because of everyones guessing. It wouldn't be the first time they did something funny. Just look at the easter eggs in OFP and the Fun page wink_o.gif

the name is Jordan Man Derek

--> no single a is left

One thing that I think that BIS will grant us in OFP2, and that the community hasn't really done, is give us good campaigns.

I know FDF and Tonal etc had kickass campaigns, but I really think the BIS ones are the best designed, plus there are a lot of missions.  I hope OFP2 provide the same variety of missions as OFP1, I still think that the "After Montignac" level is the most atmospheric and tense mission in any game.

And we figured out the anagram yesterday, somewhere in the early pages of the thread.

True. That Peacekeeper campaign, with the russian pro-voices is the only high quality campaign I've played. Re-something it was called?

Didn't liked the Tonal nor the FDF Campaign. Top notch addons but the campaigns (especially Tonal) were half-decent IMO. Good for trying out the mod but not much else.