Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

I'm stunned. Those screenies are abysmal. If that is what they have made us wait for then I'm a uber-pissed. OFP1 with MOD's looks almost as good as that and it's FREE! The Troop Models look deformed. What a slap in the face. Battlefield 2 may become my OFP Replacement. I wasn't expecting much from the Graphics but I expected at least PAR for the coarse with current FPS's.

Bah! Complains.

Graphics are good and gameplay is more important. mad_o.gif

@ May 17 2005,00:55)]I'm stunned. Those screenies are abysmal. If that is what they have made us wait for then I'm a uber-pissed. OFP1 with MOD's looks almost as good as that and it's FREE! The Troop Models look deformed. What a slap in the face. Battlefield 2 may become my OFP Replacement. I wasn't expecting much from the Graphics but I expected at least PAR for the coarse with current FPS's.

Be sure your not confusing OPF2 pics with what seems to be xbox OPF ones wink_o.gif .

And then be sure to take a close look at them and think about the size and features of OPF, me? Im not even slightly interested in BF crap tounge_o.gif .

Current OFP craps over BF2 aswell in certain aspects except the obvious graphics part but then OFP is 4 yrs old to it wink_o.gif .

I for one think BIS would not disapoint us they have been keeping an eye on the community for long they know what they have done and will make OFP2 something that surpasses that. These screens for all we know maybe old from alpha stages of OFP2 ,we'll know for sure at E2 anyhow smile_o.gif .

What gets me is that BIS would act this..i dunno...silly?

That website with the TV has been up for how long? It seems as though it has always been a waste of time.

I'm seeing LBs, OFP1 trucks!? If this is all not part of the game...then why is it there?

I hope the game blows me away because so far it's not doing much for me...

What gets me is that BIS would act this..i dunno...silly?

That website with the TV has been up for how long? It seems as though it has always been a waste of time.

I'm seeing LBs, OFP1 trucks!? If this is all not part of the game...then why is it there?

I hope the game blows me away because so far it's not doing much for me...

Well considering that none of us know any actual details, I think you are jumping the gun with your critisism. Those OFP1 trucks you are talking about are probably for the XBOX version and the other, more detailed screens are for OFP2. Why don't you save your negative comments for when we actually have some solid information?

Monty

I'm guessing someone will get some videos going at e3.

Things I most want are:

More realistic faces (the current shots look bit unrealistic bis)

Great Network

Much farther viewdistance, I want 2000 at least smile_o.gif

Good animation

Streaming engine smile_o.gif

Be good if the engine has no limits to the sky as well, means alot can be done in regards to mods etc.

(I admit I haven't read anywhere near all of this thread, so please forgive me if this has already been asked, which it probably has been). How long before OFP1 were screenshots released?

It'll be interesting to see how much this resembles the final product, many of the screenshots in BIS's "secret" photogallery thing look horrible compared to even a non-modded OFP CWS.

I have to say that the vegetation, effects/dust, and soldier models look very impressive. The screenshots feel much more like a picture than most screenies from OFP1 do(atleast IMO).

Atleast I guess this tells us that BIS is probably working very actively on OFP2, not just on OFP-Xbox and VBS. And thanks BIS for finally giving us a little info. smile_o.gif

(I admit I haven't read anywhere near all of this thread, so please forgive me if this has already been asked, which it probably has been).  How long before OFP1 were screenshots released?

It'll be interesting to see how much this resembles the final product, many of the screenshots in BIS's "secret" photogallery thing look horrible compared to even a non-modded OFP CWS.

I have to say that the vegetation, effects/dust, and soldier models look very impressive.  The screenshots feel much more like a picture than most  screenies from OFP1 do(atleast IMO).

Atleast I guess this tells us that BIS is probably working very actively on OFP2, not just on OFP-Xbox and VBS.  And thanks BIS for finally giving us a little info. smile_o.gif

Personally, the heads look really crap. Everything else looks great and I mean perfect almost but the heads in VBS1 look more realistic. Please remember these are not frigin plastic toy soldiers..... crazy_o.gifwow_o.gifwink_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifunclesam.gifghostface.gifxmas_o.gifmad_o.gifrock.gifbiggrin_o.gifsad_o.giftounge_o.gif

I'm wiping out my rant.

This thread is for pure speculation only and not for wondering outloud why OFP1 trucks are in XBOX screens on what was apparently an OFP2 site.

or something like that...

Current OFP craps over BF2 aswell in certain aspects except the obvious graphics part but then OFP is 4 yrs old to it wink_o.gif .

I for one think BIS would not disapoint us they have been keeping an eye on the community for long they know what they have done and will make OFP2 something that surpasses that. These screens for all we know maybe old from alpha stages of OFP2 ,we'll know for sure at E2 anyhow  smile_o.gif .

my god acecombat, i wonder if they ever got the balls to make a crap game biggrin_o.gif

they won't have balls after making a crappy game

*me takes my old trusty shotgun*

Ok, I admit that my speculation engine has not been up to par since the whole FMB fiasco surrounding the NF:245 Agony, but I can still troll some data. Let's put all the cards out on the table and see what we can come up with...

1 - Flashpoint2.com got updated. That's news itself, the missing CM logo is also a significant eye-opener. You don't just 'forget' to put your 'publishers' logo on a product, pulling it is something even more noticable.

2 - Default channel 'unavailable', try alternates... Course change? Grasping at logic straws, but it's all we got atm.

2 - Channel 1 got snowed out, that was the old news now stuffed on Channel 5. Is this more of the "same news channel" or a whole "new one"? ... or more ...

3 - Reports of material that looks suspiciously like OFP:Xbox extrapolated data on a site clearly marked OFP2. Why blend the two, unless they are already blended?

4 - Two new channels of "news" are on the (O)FP2 site. Comments have been made regarding actual or percieved differences in the data quality. That speculation has been the primary motivation behind the allegations that 2.php is Xbox screens, and 3.php is (O)FP2. There are alternate theories however...

* - ch2 "Armed Assault" is the Xbox (360?) version of OFP pre (OFP2), but the changes make it so much advanced that that platform is being rebranded as (O)FP2 with a possible companion PC port, and ch3 is actually (O)FP3, but operating on the old (O)FP2 timetable.

5 - I did a partial pull of the flashpoint2.com site a long time ago, but of course munged some of the links in the process. Anyway, the CM icon we're after is cm_logo.gif. The downmenu.html and downmenuvyp_open.html files show recent time stamps according to Dbr_Onix's tracker. The pic should be here cm_logo.gif if it follows the patterns and my guess is right.

6 - E3 Expo doesn't start until the day after tomorrow, thus the likelyhood that no 'official' news until that time. What doesn't track though is matching up the 3 available channels with 3 days of PR spamming. Two of the three channels are already tied up, with one more still 'off'. Does this mean 3 announcements for 2 products, 3 announcements for 2 products + business / platform direction? What about the 2 + 2 = 5? Did we just get the 1st as a 'leak', then three days of news, plus a flashnews wrapup? Are there instead three announcements for three products of (O)FP2 for Xbox and PC, and (O)FP3 beyond that? Is there a top-secret 3rd Spanel that's just defected from unholy labors at DICE? Where's a good late-night radio numerologist when you need one...

7 - * 6 is the answer to whether "Jordan Man Derek" is going to ditch Placebo to go see Ep.III.

8 - LA, 90007 is where "JMD" can see Ep.III nearby.

Quote[/b] ]

Flagship's University Village 3 (0.2 mi)

3323 South Hoover Street Los Angeles, CA 90007

12:00am

Loews Cineplex Magic Johnson Theatre (3.3 mi)

4020 Marlton Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90008

12:01am

Pacific's The Grove 14 (4.8 mi)

189 The Grove Drive at Third Street Los Angeles, CA 90036

12:00am | 12:01am | 12:02am

Five Star Theatres Vista Theatre, The (4.9 mi)

4473 Sunset Drive Los Angeles, CA 90027

12:01pm | 2:45pm

ArcLight Cinemas Hollywood (5.5 mi)

6360 Sunset Blvd, at Vine Hollywood, CA 90028

12:01pm | 12:05pm | 12:10pm | 3:30pm | 6:30pm | 12:05am | 12:15am | 12:20am

I reckon it is and "Armed Assault" is XBOX version, seriosly no doubt. The sounds are sweet as on the movie on channel 3.

well just started my own little chaos theory here, but is it possible that BIS have taken back the trademark of OFP title form CM by god-know-what? rock.gif

well just started my own little chaos theory here, but is it possible that BIS have taken back the trademark of OFP title form CM by god-know-what? rock.gif

No.

As stated by Codies in a previous post - 'They still own the rights to the Operation Flashpoint name, Operation Flashpoint 2 will be therefore only be published by them and released late 2006. You need to watch their site and their forums for official info on... Operation Flashpoint 2.'

I didn't realise that Codies were appearing at E3 until last night, they've got 3 booths apparently.

According to the USPTO (trademarks) or LOC (copyrights) ...

Copyright Office

Quote[/b] ]

1. Registration Number: TX-6-097-699

Title: Operation Flashpoint :[version 1.85]

Edition: Collector's ed., Game of the year ed.

Imprint: Oakhurst, CA : Codemasters, c2001.

Description: CD-ROM package.

Note: Includes 3 videogames (Cold war crisis, Red hammer & Resistance) & limited ed. battle map. Printout also deposited.

Claimant: acBohemia Interactive Studio, SRO

Created: 2002

Published: 18Nov02

Claim Limit: NEW MATTER: rev. computer program.

Special Codes: 3/C

The copyright breadth is quite generous, which is only befitting a truely capable system such as OFP :

Quote[/b] ]

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; automatic vending machines and mechanisims for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment and computers; fire-extinguishing apparatus; computer software; computer game software; computer hardware relating to game playing; downloadable computer software; downloadable computer game software; downloadable publications; downloadable publications relating to games; parts and their fittings for the aforesaid

IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Paper, cardboard and goods made from these materials, not included in other classes; printed matter; bookbinding material; photographs; stationery; adhesives for stationery or houshold purposes; artists' materials; paint brushes; typewriters and office requisites (except furniture); instructional and teaching material (except apparatus); plastic materials for packaging (not included in other classes); printers' type; printing blocks; printed matter relating to games

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees; video games

IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions; retail services; wholesale services; online retail services; operating a website relating to the sale of computer games; information and advisory services relating to the aforesaid

IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: Telecommunications; providing access to the internet; providing access to websites; e-mail and text messaging services; e-mail and text messaging services relating to game playing; providing access to websites relating to game playing; information and advisory services relating to the aforesaid

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities; on-line entertainment; on-line gaming services; information and advisory services relating to the aforesaid

IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Scietific and technological services and research and design relating thereto; industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software; legal services; information and advisory services relating to the aforesaid

USPTO

Quote[/b] ]

Serial Number: 78443235

Registration Number: (NOT AVAILABLE)

Mark

(words only): OPERATION FLASHPOINT

Standard Character claim: Yes

Current Status: Priority Action Mailed

Date of Status: 2005-02-15

Filing Date: 2004-06-29

Transformed into a National Application: No

Registration Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

Register: Principal

Law Office Assigned: LAW OFFICE 105

Attorney Assigned:

CASE LEIGH CAROLINE Employee Location

Current Location: L50 -TMEG Law Office 105

Date In Location: 2005-02-15

---------

The E3 floor plans for Kentia Hall list four rooms for Codemasters, but the footprint looks to be the equivelent of 5 or six, divided into 3 10x10ft cubes and a fourth longer block on the end. As that row is in the "meeting rooms" section - along with BIS - my guess is the three rooms are walled with doors comparable to Placebo's comment, and the fourth is the demo/promo booth.

Incidently, BIS is next door to one of ATI's many mini-booths, Rambus has a room a couple aisles over as well.

Quote[/b] ]

but is it possible that BIS have taken back the trademark of OFP title form CM by god-know-what? rock.gif

By Armed Assault? biggrin_o.gif

..k, that was fairly bad tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I reckon it is and "Armed Assault" is XBOX version, seriosly no doubt. The sounds are sweet as on the movie on channel 3.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/vrt-1.jpg[/img]

Armed Assault

http://www.bistudio.com/pics/games/xscreennew3_hi.jpg

OFP-Xbox

Unless they've managed to make the xbox sevral times more powerfull, it's not wink_o.gif

Also, why would they put Xbox screenies on the OFP2 website?

rock.gif

shinRaiden, with all the time your putting in to research, wouldn't you be quicker/more productive flying across to America? biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

Edit : Stupid :P smilie mad_o.gif

heh, that jordan bloke is posting more and more screenies from the flashpoint ftp site.

How much more can he get away with??

Plus why is there a folder called e32005 shown to the world?

lol i bet that all the pics we have seen was supposed to be shown on E3.. so when E3 comes (tomorrow) we wont see anything new lol..

heh, that jordan bloke is posting more and more screenies from the flashpoint ftp site.

How much more can he get away with??

Tell me, if you worked for a company and intentionally released one drop of non-public material, how fast would you be out of a job.

Take a hint. ;)