Sign in to follow this  
Yssabem

OFP2 Shots on ofp.info!

Speechless...

Anyone else ever notice that the OFP community produces really outstanding material around finals time???

~TA-50

Quote[/b] ]No its tank , i zoomed in it upped the contrast and saw a faint line long like a tanks gun protruding from it.

Could be a tracer. Unlikely but possible. The large black part on the turret made me think shilka that is all and the turret looks a bit more flat than on most tanks.

Anyway game looks cool so far. Only thing I noticed is that it doesn't appear the AI is using very good tactics but then again its a still photo so there is a high probability I am wrong.

Actualy the M16A4's are clerarly the ones used in VBS, the soldier model could look like the latest VBS man model with the new lightning. And the Kevlar helmets are eggshall thin like in VBS.

STGN

Well both BIS and BIA share the same artists so this isnt really surprising, and first released version of that A4 made its first apearance in OPF anyway (S&E MAP).

Year I know besides i don't think Earl made that M16 that is used in VBS its his M249 and Ak74 which are used in VBS but I don't think he made the M16's and M4's. first of all they don't look enything like his MAP M16's, they are very big compared to his own big, he might have made some of the scopes but I don't think he made the M16 base model.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]viewdistance doesn't seem that high either, I'd rather have a long viewdistance and a bit uglier graphics up close but maybe thats just the settings for the screenshots.

I agree, but the lowest common denominator disagrees with this viewpoint. Unfortunately, they're in the majority.

At any rate. I'm assuming the OFP ish looking screenshots are for flashpoint for the Xbox. I honestly can't tell which is for which except for those kind of clues.

The only thing I can say is. I really hope BIS hasn't forgotten about it's PC using base. The day BIS starts catering more to console ports and less to their PC games is pretty much the day I start to lose interest in PC gaming altogether. Or at least. Lose interest in ever buying another PC in order to play newer games. Because really I believe deep down a game like ofp on a console is just a joke.

All the companies that made games I liked either were swallowed up by corporate goons who sold their licences short for a bigger share of the retard market. *coughBethesdacoughcoughcoughfuckyouzenimaxcoughcoughcoughburninhellcoughcoughfuckyouforru

iningfallout3cough*

Or simply faded into obscurity. Like Sir Tech and their excellent Jagged Alliance series. Of course now that hack Ruskie company is dilligently at work destroying once more another treasured game series from my youth.

So... yeah. Don't blow it BIS.

The only up side to this is I'd have more money to buy firearms and stocks/accessories. But It'd hurt being looked over for the drooling console crowd who all of a sudden acts like OFP is the greatest thing ever, when it's been great for four years already.

All im hoping for is they fix the walking through wall, etc bits and as long as they keep the ability for people to make unofficial addons flashpoint 2's community will be around for many years... considering the engine limitations these amazing addon makers have gotten around, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it

There are no M16A4's in VBS1.

There are no M16A4's in VBS1.

You are right bu there is a M16A2, a M4A1 and a SOPMOD M4A1, parts of these hare clearly to make OFP2's(or what it is) M16A4.

STGN

Don't know about you guys but the vehicle to the furthest left on this image looks some what like a shilka to me:

Picture (Shilka?)

Edit: Note: Not talking about the humvee, further left on just on the (land)horizon.

No its tank , i zoomed in it upped the contrast and saw a faint line long like a tanks gun protruding from it.

I did this to. I don't think it's a Shilka as the top of it is a not long and fat. It seems to be a dome of some sort that suddenly stops. So my money is on some sort of BMP or a PT-76. After all it appears the beach is being stormed so I'm not sure what a Shilka would be doing... Or it could be a pull out. As with everything we shall wait and see smile_o.gif

Looks like they've done a lot with the Poseidon engine since OFP or even VBS. I just hope that the new eye candy allows for 2km+ view distances at playable framerates.

You gotta be kidding me. This is OFP2, from BIS, the same guys who made this immensely hardware-hungry game called OFP 2 which even 6 years later can't be played lag-less with everything on max (including semi-official addons like DXDLL wink_o.gif ). crazy_o.gif

OFP2 will entertain us... let me do the math... if released in 2006... well, I guess OFP3 will only come out in 2012... hmmm... groovy... talk about all the military hardware that will have come out by then... one of these days we'll be playing OFP-10 and won't have to mod mechs and mobile suits because they won't be science-fiction anymore! tounge_o.gif

For the moment i am just hating those dollish looking chucky the doll style faces!!!! mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifsad_o.gif .

Please do something about them , change them.

I agree. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. They look like toy soldiers instead of humans now.

Get rid of them ASAP, bring back photorealistic faces again.

Quote[/b] ] (Acecombat @ May 16 2005,08:39)

For the moment i am just hating those dollish looking chucky the doll style faces!!!!       .

Please do something about them , change them.

I would not sweat on the faces.  I think they have left them like that to highlight the polygons.  That is nothing that a good texture would fix.  Probably spending their time elsewhere at the moment.  I am very impressed with the self shadowing.  I guess I'd better upgrade to dual Geforce 8's running in SLI mode. biggrin_o.gif Very good work.  Keep it up.. Gonk

It isn't going to be anything from VBS. VBS is hardly a consumer product: it's a training tool, and it has a price to match. You don't see any of the companies that make industrial flight sims demoing things at E3 because it's a consumer show.

Actualy the M16A4's are clerarly the ones used in VBS, the soldier model could look like the latest VBS man model with the new lightning. And the Kevlar helmets are eggshall thin like in VBS.

STGN

there are no M16A4s in vbs, in the marine module they use A2s, Earl alsomade most of the weapons inc. the M16s and M4s

Does anyone actually remember what OFP screens looked like a year before the game was released?

I am pretty sure they will fix those plastic faces! wink_o.gif

Does anyone actually remember what OFP screens looked like a year before the game was released?

I am pretty sure they will fix those plastic faces! wink_o.gif

Who's back who's back tounge_o.gif

Personally I dont care about those faces. Most of the time you fight at middle/long rage distance. You wont see the face anyway.

Is it me?

Or does the new faces for "OFP2/Armed Assault" look toyish?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif

Seems im the only one here who liked them and noticed how smooth and nicely modeled they are, like the nose, lips and stuff, i mean compared to the old squary faces its a great improvement especialy considering its work in progress, maybe with a more texture detail maybe, but i think you guys are overeacting alot crazy_o.gif .

Guest major gandhi

i hope armed assault will be released together with ofp xbox

Is it me?

Or does the new faces for "OFP2/Armed Assault" look toyish?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif

Seems im the only one here who liked them and noticed how smooth and nicely modeled they are, like the nose, lips and stuff, i mean compared to the old squary faces its a great improvement especialy considering its work in progress, maybe with a more texture detail maybe, but i think you guys are overeacting alot crazy_o.gif .

we are not saying that the model sucks, is that the texture(if you call it so) they stick on it

Holy Shit......Look on Ofp.info

Theres a shitload of pics from Gamespot!!!

They look amazing! I didnt even hear my dad calling me 5 times because I had my face next to the screen droling over the pictures. To all the people that are worried about the faces, they are probably just beta faces (all soldeirs seem to have them) so there will probably be other faces. My jaw is still hanging...

I am now worried that my crappy pc wont be able to handle this game. sad_o.gif There is no way that I can afford a new pc, or even upgrades. Looks like by the time i am able to play it, ofp 3 will be out.

Anyone heard any word on what the machine specs will actually be on OFP2 yet??

Haven´t heard anything, but i bet the spec will be something like 2GHz processor, graphics card R9800/GF6800, and atleast 512MB memory.

@ May 20 2005,11:31)]Haven´t heard anything, but i bet the spec will be something like 2GHz processor, graphics card R9800/GF6800, and atleast 512MB memory.

Hmmm, maybe minimum specs, 512MB of RAM running XP isnt alot, i think the game will require more, same with CPU.