Sign in to follow this  
twisted

so many m249's

INQ, LLW and LASER (and others) all have real good m249's or variants of it. the thing is they all fire differently.

which one is more 'realistic' and also if you have the knowledge - what's the 'right' recoil for it? is it really so low recoil?

i dont have the experience to answer this question and would appreciate it if someone who has would take a moment to reply....

thanks

Also can somebody confirm whether the real life equivalent of Laser's tricked out M60 + scope (M60ER or something) is actually the uber weapon that it is in OFP? I really do like the weapon in OFP, I just feel like I'm cheating a little mowing down countless AI troops + my own brother repeatedly during our LAN MP mission tests on the weekends. biggrin_o.gif

It has very little recoil, and the thing is quite accurate, when in the scope mode and prone. For a 7.62 lead thrower, it's really accurate. Is this because the thing is so goddam huge and heavy? Help on this is always appreciated.

i like lasers because of the sound, smoke and feel to it when you fire it.. not a big heavy mg.. but it makes you feel like you got some added firepower... as far as realistic values... who cares its a video game.

Hi, i never fired a M249, or seen in 1St person the yankee version of the M249 SAW; i seen (but not touched) our M249's Minimi, some Amelie's, the old rusty & loating MG42 & some MG3's.

I think that the most realistic & with a better overall rate, could be the M249's on the USMC Addon Pack 1.0; about the recoil... i don't know, i guess that the M249 SAW must weight over 9 or 10Kg, with that fire rate... the recoil on the short versions must be a bit big; without get closer to the recoil of a MG3 (see that spitting it's scarier, more than a movie) and the weight of that receiver going forward & backward at that rate must change the distribution of the weight of the weapon. I guess that the recoil of the C8X_M249 it's smaller than how it's in the RL, but with it's dispersion, the recoil values & the sound... i'll vote for the M249's in the USMC Addon Pack as the most realistic M249 SAW's made until the date. But i don't know. Let's cu

Hi, i never fired a M249, or seen in 1St person the yankee version of the M249 SAW; i seen (but not touched) our M249's Minimi, some Amelie's, the old rusty & loating MG42 & some MG3's.

I think that the most realistic & with a better overall rate, could be the M249's on the USMC Addon Pack 1.0; about the recoil... i don't know, i guess that the M249 SAW must weight over 9 or 10Kg, with that fire rate... the recoil on the short versions must be a bit big; without get closer to the recoil of a MG3 (see that spitting it's scarier, more than a movie) and the weight of that receiver going forward & backward at that rate must change the distribution of the weight of the weapon. I guess that the recoil of the C8X_M249 it's smaller than how it's in the RL, but with it's dispersion, the recoil values & the sound... i'll vote for the M249's in the USMC Addon Pack as the most realistic M249 SAW's made until the date. But i don't know. Let's cu

well ive read in the military forums that people who fired it said it had very little recoil for a machinegun

No it doesn't because it's 15 pounds empty, and it fires 5.56mm.  Which should give some ideas, as I went to a range and put like 2-3 200-round drums through it (burst technique, didn't melt the barrel smile_o.gif ), and didn't have much of a recoil compared, say to the M240, but you get the idea anyways.  But the fun part was with an EOTech holosight on it.  That was on point  tounge_o.gif

so it doesnt have a large recoil?

So many versions but Not 1 para with extended legs!

meaning the smaller version para, with the sliding stock with the legs down, or even l337or with the legs to the front! rock.gif

the ukf one is the one you are talking about manhunter its in the MAP to smile_o.gif

so it doesnt have a large recoil?

Nope, though I forgot to mention that I was in the prone for that instance, it's very controllable. Fully standing up, it tends to recoil alot when you put alot of bullets through it of course, but it also tends to go high to the right though.

Nice gun fun to send the led downrange just dont chain link or you'll warp the barrel

amazing weapon.great feedback. thanks.

Nice gun fun to send the led downrange just dont chain link or you'll warp the barrel

You could have a thousand rounds linked together, it's all about burst technique..

how long actually is a belt with 200 rounds?? in lenght?

I really couldn't tell you as they come pre-packaged in the drums, and never took the time to do that. But I would guesstimate around 6-7 feet, maybe less.

I've held one but I would say that the USMC pack is my favorite. smile_o.gif

same here, but I would like a Para version with extended legs! biggrin_o.gif

Also I found the gun to be surprisingly light, I dont exactly know how much weight the rounds will bring when loaded?

Also I found the gun to be surprisingly light, I dont exactly know how much weight the rounds will bring when loaded?

You're SURE you've held one?

The thing weighs 6.88Kg empty, 10.02Kg loaded with 200 rounds.

I've picked one up w/o ammo, and it struck me just how damn heavy the thing would be to lug around all day. Prey its no M240, but its still a fair old weight to carry round... Same as an M60 infact (empty), and thats 7.62...

ok Eric either your just an idiot or you've never fired one cause when you get in a frenzi even if you burst fire you can still warp a barrel

I wonder how many people posting in this thread actually know what they are talking about. rock.gif

I wonder how many people posting in this thread actually know what they are talking about. rock.gif

Put me in the "does know" list wink_o.gif

M249.JPG

Thats yours truly holding M249 courtesy of USAF SOC @ the Royal International Air Tatto, RAF Fairford, July 18th 2003.

Never actually fired one tho sad_o.gif

thats some funky cammo on your face.

lovely weapon.

interesting fact is that LLW's minimi (basically the m249) was co-created by suchey. I'd be interested in the feedback on guys who have used the weapon in Real life to compare its handling to this addon. wonder which is newer USMC version or LLW?

LLW minmi DL link

Nice pic BeatMeat tounge_o.gif Looks like they gave her alittle dust cover but it looks good, I can assure you guys I have actually handled a 249 next time I go out to the range Ill take a quicktime of it and me saying YOU LIKE THAT BI FORUMS.lol

Nice poo cammo face paint tounge_o.gif

Heh this discussion reminds me of the scene in Buffalo Soldiers...

"The 60 is a heavy mother" biggrin_o.gif