Sign in to follow this  
Brentk

NFL SUPER BOWL

I remember that there is a german playing in one of the teams. His name is Nöten or someting, he either plays for the Rams or the Steelers.

I remember last years Superball, and I think those two teams were actually playing against each other, werent they (was that the final?)

I dont know about in other counties, but in europe some of the most spectacular goals are scored from headers smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 15 2002,19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I remember that there is a german playing in one of the teams. His name is Nöten or someting, he either plays for the Rams or the Steelers.

I remember last years Superball, and I think those two teams were actually playing against each other, werent they (was that the final?)<span id='postcolor'>

Actually last years Super Bowl was the Baltimore Ravens vs. New York Giants. Ravens spanked New York around...

I'm sure we can all agree to disagree. I don't like soccer and you don't like American Football....ok...fine....

Since my Miami Dolphins got sent packing per usual, I'm goin' for the Steelers or Raiders.....hope the Steelers spank the Ravens like they spanked teh Dolphins sad.gif

THIS JUST IN FROM BRITTISH INTELIGENCE:

EUROPEAN FOOTBALL TO BE CALLED "SOCCER" OR "KICK BALL"

ALL AMERICAN NAMES REMAIN UNCHANGED

hmmmm i hate to come to this fact... but... Considering that we beat you guys (Brittain -typo??) back in 1776 and then again in 1812, i was thinking we deserve to chose which gets the prized title of "Football". And as for the French and the rest of Europe, we helped defeat Nazi Germany and all that good stuff. SO Damnit let us choose!!!!!!!!!

Leave D.Incâ„¢ alone ya "Beastie" he'sh my beshtest friend he ish 'hic confused.gif

TomNutten.jpg

thats the guy, Nutten is his name!

I have to admit that I consider Rugby to be more of a "man's sport" (oh dont kill me for that statement wink.gif ), less show, less chix, less money, less colorful but more cracking bones. (yes I ve played rugby, not for long, but I had to--- damm irish boarding schools) biggrin.gif . But of course I like american football, because it is not especially a sport for the Extra-strong but for the fast and the smart (cause it is a strategic game indeed)

Brent that post was rather provocative. Especially considering you typed it in ENGLISH wink.gif

There's always this debate about which is the tougher of the two sports, they say things like "American Footballers are soft cos they need all that padding", IMO American Football is a far tougher sport, and the padding/protection is necessary, often during the game a player will be tackled at such speed that he will turn a somersault and land on his back or head etc.

IIRC American Football was banned around the turn of the century as too many players were breaking their necks? I may be completely wrong about that, it's just some useless info I seem to recall smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 15 2002,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">TomNutten.jpg

thats the guy, Nutten is his name!

I have to admit that I consider Rugby to be more of a "man's sport" (oh dont kill me for that statement wink.gif ), less show, less chix, less money, less colorful but more cracking bones. (yes I ve played rugby, not for long, but I had to--- damm irish boarding schools) biggrin.gif . But of course I like american football, because it is not especially a sport for the Extra-strong but for the fast and the smart (cause it is a strategic game indeed)<span id='postcolor'>

I love American Football....

But Rugby is a tougher game...and there sure ain't no prima donnas in it like football (Randy Moss for example....what $75 million dollar ass muncher...that prick has no biz being in the Pro Bowl).

Just my opinion of course

Looks can be decieving my Kingbeast friend. First it was in American, English is only a small break away part of the American language. Makes no sense you say? Well, I agree.

BUTtttttttttt, I could say that I am speaking in a language dervided by the Anglo Saxon people, which the English STOLE. And did I mention that we defeated the ENGLISH, TWICE, and 'bailed' them out TWICE? So, somewhere in that process we, the superior nation of the 2, took 'your' language and made it our own.

If you have read the previous, you are now more stupid than you were before. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 15 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's always this debate about which is the tougher of the two sports, they say things like "American Footballers are soft cos they need all that padding", IMO American Football is a far tougher sport, and the padding/protection is necessary, often during the game a player will be tackled at such speed that he will turn a somersault and land on his back or head etc.

IIRC American Football was banned around the turn of the century as too many players were breaking their necks? I may be completely wrong about that, it's just some useless info I seem to recall smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've seen early film of the NFL when they had no paddings, and just leather helmets....people would do actual FLYING KICKS! It was legal (or rather no rule against it)....

Course now they are coming up with more and more rules and pretty soon it will be illegal to tackle ANYONE....

Why I remember back in the day......*old grandpa voice*

I am sure there is a good reason for the protection, and whoever sais they are chicken because they need it should dare to this into the face of one of these monsters (players). Anyway, that was not the reason why I called it" less of a mans sport".

I always liked the special "things" about rugby: the mud-faces, the New-Zealand dance, the gum shields flying, the bloody noses... the game constalations and (regret to say it) the perfect undisturbed game flow.

( I am not gay, but who needs those purple,dancing, shouting, barby-chicken (cheer-leaders) near the football field smile.gif )

yeah well that 'padding' as you call it provides the players with a chance to play again the next week. I mean think about this... who's the smart one(s) here? the ones who use padding to prevent injury and prolong thier career.. or the guys who dont use it and are more prone to injury

hmmmmmmm not a hard decision to make there biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Brentk @ Jan. 15 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BUTtttttttttt, I could say that I am speaking in a language dervided by the Anglo Saxon people, which the English STOLE. And did I mention that we defeated the ENGLISH, TWICE, and 'bailed' them out TWICE? So, somewhere in that process we, the superior nation of the 2, took 'your' language and made it our own.

<span id='postcolor'>

And I could say that the Anglo saxon people stole it aswell because didnt all language start from the somewhere?

Also nearly all americans are related to europeans just like man comes from Africa.

Shut the fuck up you arrogant twat, theres no need for stuff like that mad.gif

Mike no need for that, take big deep breaths and calm down, no need for name calling smile.gif

Unless I'm severely mistaken Brent was being satirical there smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Jan. 15 2002,11:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shut the fuck up you arrogant twat<span id='postcolor'>

oh, ok, but there is a need for stuff like this? hmmmm

first of all 'man' doesnt nesecarilly(typo) come from africa. I've heard asia more than africa, and it seems you're a little hot headed today. Well dont know what to say beside LEARN HOW TO TAKE A JOKE

hey kingbeast, if i respected any dead i didn't mean to, i dont remember saying anything about it and it wasn't intentional if i did smile.gif

ANYWAY AS FOR MADMIKE... arerrragagg who knows whats up his.......

I think of the english as equals, as i do of everyone. I just like to JOKE around sometimes biggrin.gif

Ahh give me a session of back breaking, nose smashing, leg snapping, spine crunching, and ankle twisting Rugby any day.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey kingbeast, if i respected any dead i didn't mean to,  i dont remember saying anything about it and it wasn't intentional if i did smile.gif

ANYWAY AS FOR MADMIKE...  arerrragagg  who knows whats up his.......

I think of the english as equals, as i do of everyone.  I just like to JOKE around sometimes  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's funny I think of the Americans as less than English. HaHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

If you want to bring 1776 into it i'll bring my own opinions into it.

When did this turn into an American vs. English thing? We're going to share ownership of the world together when we finally take over..so lets just leave it at that.....

*runs for cover*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Jan. 15 2002,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When did this turn into an American vs. English thing? We're going to share ownership of the world together when we finally take over..so lets just leave it at that.....

*runs for cover*<span id='postcolor'>

What did you say....

*loads shotgun*

Time for some Akira hunting