Sign in to follow this  
Brentk

NFL SUPER BOWL

European football is a stupid sport, but your vote counts.........

counts for what, im not sure, since no vote really counts for anything. "hmmmmmm"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 15 2002,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted for the last one because I think American football is a stupid sport.<span id='postcolor'>

Damage Inc has a good point there!

American football is a cheap lame version and less violent version of Rugby, and why call it football you hardly use your feet.

I voted for the latter also, I don't think American Football is a stupid sport, I used to really be into it (go Niners wink.gif ) and played it regularly at school smile.gif

Only one game deserves to be called football, and that is the original game. smile.gif tsk tsk Superbowl indeed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 15 2002,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted for the latter also, I don't think American Football is a stupid sport, I used to really be into it (go Niners wink.gif ) and played it regularly at school smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I htought u was english

Voted the last option. Never watch or play the game, cause I think American football is about the dullest sport around.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 15 2002,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am English smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So how come u played american football, im taking GCSE PE and i never got to take it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">American football is a cheap lame version and less violent version of Rugby, and why call it football you hardly use your feet.<span id='postcolor'>

American football deserves the title "football" because you truely cannot play an entire game without touching the ball with your foot (there have to be at least 2 kickoffs each game). Soccer on the other hand could, in theory, be played entirely without touching the ball with the foot. Although I do admit it would be really hard and/or even more boring than it already is (if that is possible biggrin.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Krusty @ Jan. 15 2002,18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">American football is a cheap lame version and less violent version of Rugby, and why call it football you hardly use your feet.<span id='postcolor'>

American football deserves the title "football" because you truely cannot play an entire game without touching the ball with your foot (there have to be at least 2 kickoffs each game). Soccer on the other hand could, in theory, be played entirely without touching the ball with the foot. Although I do admit it would be really hard and/or even more boring than it already is (if that is possible  biggrin.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

...That's a dumb remark, they call it football, but yet, they touch the ball with their hands 90% of the time... the real FOOTball is SO much cooler biggrin.gif

The only sport who deserves the title footbal is Soccer tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Krusty @ Jan. 15 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">American football is a cheap lame version and less violent version of Rugby, and why call it football you hardly use your feet.<span id='postcolor'>

American football deserves the title "football" because you truely cannot play an entire game without touching the ball with your foot (there have to be at least 2 kickoffs each game). Soccer on the other hand could, in theory, be played entirely without touching the ball with the foot. Although I do admit it would be really hard and/or even more boring than it already is (if that is possible biggrin.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

How the hell can you play soccer without touching the ball with your feet?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Jan. 15 2002,17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So how come u played american football, im taking GCSE PE and i never got to take it.<span id='postcolor'>

We didn't play it as a curricula activity, a group of friends and I would play it before school, during breaks and after school smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 15 2002,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How the hell can you play soccer without touching the ball with your feet?!<span id='postcolor'>

Well I was thinking about that, but I guess it is possible in a pedantic kind of way........

At the kickoff you could lay on the ground and head the ball or use your knee or something, same for goalkicks, penalties etc.

Ahh I had a feeling you might ask that, it's one of those words that you use and know what it means but it's hard to explain what it means.........

Fair explanation of it here

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">pe·dan·tic (p-dntk)

adj.

Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules: a pedantic attention to details. <span id='postcolor'>

It's pretty hard to do that for the entire game. And you can also use your chest to catch the ball.

professional footballers can keep the ball in the air using knees and head for a very long time. Its called Keepy Uppy.