Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Super Editor

I think the mission editor should have a terrian editor so then you can add stuff in the mission without changing it. say you would love to make a mission in this 1 spot but you wanted water in it and sum more bushes you could just edit the terrian so theres a little lake and some more bushes it would make the missions easier to make and give u more options

You know how such suggestions could affect the release date? mad_o.gif

Nah I think the differentiated version Visitor - Ingame Editor is enough smile_o.gif

I agree with Hardrock

The current Editor is good enough.

Although I was dreaming of giving soldiers their Weapons in the Editor (not via script)....but I don't care about that really much

somehow i like chipper's idea, would make much easier for everyone, especially for newcomers. would be a kind of drag and drop thingy

A terrain editor? Ingame? If it is possible it will be great but I would rather have a more advanced Visitor like program and Ingame mission editor. I mean the editor in OFP is the most simple editor I've ever seen in any game. Even I could make a basic mission with it in a few hours. smile_o.gif

But wouldnt this mean repackaging/making and sending your own modified island everytime u release a mission with modified stuff?

Think of the problems that would cause crazy_o.gif

Think of the problems that would cause crazy_o.gif

Exactly.

Other than that I agree with BergHoff, I would rather see an advanced version of Visitor and an advanced version of the ingame-editor than having them mixed up and being only mediocre.

Hmmm I like the sound of the idea, would it be possible when you saved the changes to the mission it saved the parts of the terrain you have modifyed aswell?

I think it could be a neat idea. There are sometimes when it would be really helpful to be able to move or take out a particular building or object. smile_o.gif

IMHO current editor satisfies all of the needs.

You can play with objects using editorupdate.

Not move or delete ones that are already there though(AFAIK, please tell me if it is possible, I would really like to be able to do that smile_o.gif )

Not move or delete ones that are already there though(AFAIK, please tell me if it is possible, I would really like to be able to do that smile_o.gif )

U could do that in version < 1.75

Then BIS removed this option to prevent MP cheating.

Quote[/b] ]But wouldnt this mean repackaging/making and sending your own modified island everytime u release a mission with modified stuff?

Think of the problems that would cause  

I dont think it would have to be like that. You could download the information when you load the mission. The more changes you make to the island the bigger the mission file will be. The island is changed just after the mission is received while loading the island. Your computer just needs information about what part of the island net is changed in what way and what objects are added/moved/removed to where. I dont think it would be too much information unless you decide to make a new island in your mission, then it would probably be as large as 2 islands tounge_o.gif

I dont think it is something I would use alot.It would be a cool thing to have but not important to me.

Would be nice in OFP2 it was possible to receive addons while receiving the mission. An option to turn it on/off.

I'm much more partial to getting layers in the mission editor to reduce the clutter. If I want to see only units (and or what kind/side), or only triggers, etc.

A drag and drop type option to automatically script the replacement of preplaced map objects would be useful, but if it leads to cheating again, gotta drop it.

But then there is editing the terrain of the island? Yeah that would kick ass if it were easy to do, but it seems like it's got the potential to do some harm too.

I think this feature would be abused problably, i agree on having the ability to place some objects though but not forests or messing with the terrain, the flashpoint huge terrains gives plenty of possible mission scenarios.

I think more unit options settings would be nice, like choose the weapons and loadouts of the units without resorting to the init codes.

It would be great to have not only 2d editor, but 3d too. Like xcamconsole for example, so u wont restart mission if u want to add a weapon to some unit.

Well I personally think it would be AWSOME having a terrain editor built in the mission editor. That would break the balls for the lack of OFP missions we see.

This way people can design EXACTLY how they want their mission to be, what you see, what you don't see.

There is nothing wrong with adding more the mission editor, one reason being based on the kind of mission editor you are, you could choose from basic deisgning to advanced, to even more advanced (which meant going out of the game and configuring scripts and camera cutscenes).

I think if all this stuff can be loaded into one simple screen, there is nothing to loose.

i just hope it doesnt end up like this wow_o.gif

e3snapmap01.jpg

I agree with Hardrock

The current Editor is good enough.

Although I was dreaming of giving soldiers their Weapons in the Editor (not via script)....but I don't care about that really much

I agree with you too.

As anyone seen the Lock On Modern Air Combat payload editor? Would be perfect for OFP2...