Sign in to follow this  
stu

My attempt at making a mech

I've based it on the BushWacker Mech from the Mechwarrior games but i'm not making it exactly like the one from Mechwarrior.

It'll have,"If possible"wink_o.gif

Jump jets.

1 Autocannon.

2 Large Lasers.

2 Machine Guns.

1 Gauss Rifle.

Ejectable cockpit.

and maybe more. smile_o.gif  Heres some pictures.

picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg

picture3.jpg

picture4.jpg

Nice man! I fo one always like to see OFP addons out of the ordinary makes a nice change from the 'Spec ops' and 'tanks,guns,and other uber realistic' addons.

keep it up!

Any one ever thought of doing a 'Jeff waynes war of the worlds' addon? biggrin_o.gif i wanna fight giant bug eyed heat ray firing machines of death!

That is the Bushwaker , i loved this mech in MW till i got the bigger Mechs biggrin_o.gif looks pretty cool smile_o.gif there was a Mech which looks like the Mad Cat/Timberwolf but that was driving not walking ;) Keep on it smile_o.gif

Some time ago i was planning to do the Vulture or ShadowCat from MW but i have to do with my other models at this time smile_o.gif

Glad yous like it  smile_o.gif   I managed to get some more work done on the mech still more to be done and i've named the mech to "Mech Hunter"  biggrin_o.gif  and this mech will be walking not driving biggrin_o.gif I'll also release it with some kind of mission and some buildings to go with it. smile_o.gif

MechHunter3.jpg

MechHunter2.jpg

MechHunter.jpg

Dear Stu, that thing looks.... odd.

1. Rule with all military equipment is to keep a low profile ; bend the legs more! it also helps keeping the mech's balance.

2. Put the cockpit a bit to the back, it looks too far up front.

3. Why are the arms that long? and why is there no way of feeding ammunition? (like here)

Also, as shown here , the guns are always near a stable point (the "hips" of the thing) , so the recoil isn't so hard to control.

The thing you have produced just looks big, slow, and an easy target.

Cybergooch is somebody that produced quite some mechs, looks here. I always found his mechs the most believable. smile_o.gif

It has no Ammofeeding because that are laserguns in the arms i think , and if he is building it after the bushwraker then it will have the machineguns in the upper torso.

And i think the mech isn't ready yet , so i think i will add small details later like on the legs  smile_o.gif

And that is only a SMALL Mech ;) there are some really big Mechs ind the Mechworld biggrin_o.gif

i like the mech  biggrin_o.gif

The Bushwacker isn't that tall, compared to other mechs... here are some size comparison pix from MechWarrior 3: Pirate's Moon...

(Bushwacker in desert camo, map: Road to Madre).

bushwackertruckcomp11002uf.jpg

bushwackermancomp11006ak.jpg

Hmm, you said it was animated? How'd you do that?

I'm making a mech just now (Based of ony of Cybergootch ones, MW77 - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8418), and have no idea how to animate it..

The only animated mech I've seen had two legs, but 6 legs, with (at minimum) 2 bits on each leg.. errm crazy_o.gif

Dont think I could class it as a person, and use an RTM, because I don't think it can move around new selections, just normal person ones..

Mech looks nice, does remind me of the things that blew me up in the Mech Warrior demo (No idea which one) tounge_o.gif

Only thing the arms do seem a bit long, and look like they'd snap of if you fired them tounge_o.gif

Nice work smile_o.gif

- Ben

[Edit : Screwed up link]

Thanks for the comments and suggestions and thanks [ZG]BUZZARD for thos pics. smile_o.gif

It did look abit odd tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif  but i've took everyones suggestions on board and hopfuly it doesn't look as odd now biggrin_o.gif

The arms where that long because i thought i was modeling a monkey crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

The weapons with the ammunition will be like Desert-Rat said on the upper torso but i may put the Autocannon on one of the arms with ammunition hanging down like on the "GDI Wolverine", don't know though wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]DBR_ONIX Posted on May 28 2005,15:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm making a mech just now (Based of ony of Cybergootch ones, MW77 - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8418), and have no idea how to animate it..

The only animated mech I've seen had two legs, but 6 legs, with (at minimum) 2 bits on each leg.. errm  

Dont think I could class it as a person, and use an RTM, because I don't think it can move around new selections, just normal person ones..

Your mech looks awesome wow_o.gif

I'm still trying to get the walking animation to look right myself as i'm useless at scripting and such biggrin_o.gif  i looked at the GDI Titan addon that was made by the C&C Tiberian Sun Mod to see how it was done. If you want i could let you see my mech so you can see how it was done.?

and heres some update pictures as you can see i've made it smaller and fixed the arms biggrin_o.gif and remodeled the cockpit and some other bits, as you can see in some of the pictures the walking animation still needs work.

mech1.jpg

mech2.jpg

mech4.jpg

mech5.jpg

Thanks for the comments and suggestions and thanks [ZG]BUZZARD for thos pics. smile_o.gif

It did look abit odd tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif but i've took everyones suggestions on board and hopfuly it doesn't look as odd now biggrin_o.gif

The arms where that long because i thought i was modeling a monkey crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

The weapons with the ammunition will be like Desert-Rat said on the upper torso but i may put the Autocannon on one of the arms with ammunition hanging down like on the "GDI Wolverine", don't know though wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]DBR_ONIX Posted on May 28 2005,15:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only animated mech I've seen had two legs, but 6 legs, with (at minimum) 2 bits on each leg.. errm

Your mech looks awesome wow_o.gif

I'm still trying to get the walking animation to look right myself as i'm useless at scripting and such biggrin_o.gif i looked at the GDI Titan addon that was made by the C&C Tiberian Sun Mod to see how it was done. If you want i could let you see my mech so you can see how it was done.?

and heres some update pictures as you can see i've made it smaller and fixed the arms biggrin_o.gif and remodeled the cockpit and some other bits, as you can see in some of the pictures the walking animation still needs work.

WOW wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Great improvements wow_o.gif

Good job smile_o.gif

just look at the improvements!!:

MechHunter.jpg

smoothend version smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

mech1.jpg

Anytime, stu. smile_o.gif If you need more, just ask. I only have Mechwarrior 3 Gold Edition because the Mechwarrior 4 series is not as simulator-like as the Mechwarrior-3, where you can still pack anything anywhere in the mech configurator... biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I tried to configure the Bushwacker according to your armament, here's the config as follows...

Center Torso: Ultra AC 2 (Clan)

Left Torso: M.Gun (Clan)

Right Torso: M.Gun (Clan)

Left Arm: Large Laser (x 2)

Right Arm: Gauss Rifle (Clan)

Left and Right Legs have each 1 Jump Jet Clan.

Due to slot space necessity and attributing only 1 ton of ammo per ammo weapon (meaning U-AC2 Ammo=45, M.Gun Ammo=200 and Gauss Rifle Ammo=8), I had to leave armor as standard, didn't remove any armor from the spacing, and had to reduce engine to a 200 Nissan Extra Light engine with 200 rating. Mech total tonnage being 55 tons, maximum run speed is 58.9 km/h and max walk speed 39.3. Just in case you'd like to know. smile_o.gif

OMFG!!! that mech is amazing!!!! are u going to use it for any mod??

Thanks all,  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ][ZG]BUZZARD Posted on May 29 2005,14:04

Quote (stu @ May 29 2005,08:30)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions and thanks [ZG]BUZZARD for thos pics.  

Anytime, stu.    If you need more, just ask. I only have Mechwarrior 3 Gold Edition because the Mechwarrior 4 series is not as simulator-like as the Mechwarrior-3, where you can still pack anything anywhere in the mech configurator...  

Edit: I tried to configure the Bushwacker according to your armament, here's the config as follows...

Center Torso: Ultra AC 2 (Clan)

Left Torso: M.Gun (Clan)

Right Torso: M.Gun (Clan)

Left Arm: Large Laser (x 2)

Right Arm: Gauss Rifle (Clan)

Left and Right Legs have each 1 Jump Jet Clan.

Due to slot space necessity and attributing only 1 ton of ammo per ammo weapon (meaning U-AC2 Ammo=45, M.Gun Ammo=200 and Gauss Rifle Ammo=8), I had to leave armor as standard, didn't remove any armor from the spacing, and had to reduce engine to a 200 Nissan Extra Light engine with 200 rating. Mech total tonnage being 55 tons, maximum run speed is 58.9 km/h and max walk speed 39.3. Just in case you'd like to know.  

Thanks for the armament config.  I hadent tested it in Mechwarrior 4 but thats basicly the way it'll be configure. smile_o.gif

I was wondering what the inside of the cockpit looks like on the Bushwacker in Mechwarrior 3, I've only got Mechwarrior 4 and the cockpit doesn't look that good.

Quote[/b] ]brataccas Posted on June 02 2005,19:49

OMFG!!! that mech is amazing!!!! are u going to use it for any mod??

no i'm not making it for a mod, but if anyone wants to use it in there mod when i'm finished it then feel free to do so   smile_o.gif

I've did a little bit of texture work on it,  Some more pictures smile_o.gif

mech6.jpg

mech7.jpg

mech8.jpg

Thanks for the armament config.  I hadent tested it in Mechwarrior 4 but thats basicly the way it'll be configure. smile_o.gif

I was wondering what the inside of the cockpit looks like on the Bushwacker in Mechwarrior 3, I've only got Mechwarrior 4 and the cockpit doesn't look that good.

No problem, I've taken pics... do you want them with or without HUD?

without the HUD would be great thanks smile_o.gif

Hi, that mech at the side of the M1 looks like as if were closer to a Locust than to a Klans mech; an Archer will be fanzy, and... a hot-hammer will be funny; i laughted like a donkey to the face of many ppl that wanted to "proff" that u can fire all the flamethrowers in a hot-hammer & don't blow off the reactor. Damn, i laughted a lot; but great mech, looks good. Let's cu

Pesonally, i would like to see one of the haevy armor suit mechs from the starship troopers book.

Quote[/b] ]CAPAIRMAN Posted on June 03 2005,03:21

Pesonally, i would like to see one of the haevy armor suit mechs from the starship troopers book.

Is the starship troopers mod not doing one rock.gif

Update on the mech, I've made an arctic type camo for it instead off the one i was doing before.  I may do two types of camo textures for it. smile_o.gif

mech9.jpg

mech10.jpg

mech11.jpg

Ok, here are the cockpit pics!

Notes:

1) pics have been edited for higher brightness so you can see more detail, my Radeon has the habit of making pics darker than they are ingame...

2) reticule and time were things that didn't go away with HUD gone...

3) I have 1600 x 1200 versions of these pix if u want (only resized them so they don't appear too large here). smile_o.gif

Center View:

bushwcc8009ya.jpg

Center High View:

bushwcu8005tm.jpg

Center Low View:

bushwcd8006rw.jpg

Cockpit Left View:

bushwcl8002mb.jpg

Cockpit Right View:

bushwcr8000vr.jpg

Wow that cockpit view is awesome. Just Like Mechwarrior (I assume that's where it came from). Nice job getting that into the ofp world. Could be lots of fun. THe model and the textures you've used so far look good too. I imagine one of your biggest challenges will be the weapons and having them fire from the arms.

Keep it up.

I like your Mech very much ;) it looks very pretty i think i will start with a Mech too biggrin_o.gif but don't know if i will take a Mech from Mechwarrior or Earthsiege2  wink_o.gif

Edit The Main Mech from G Nome was pretty too biggrin_o.gif

Looking good - could be a laugh

Btw, re-checked the mech's config, changed structure to Endo-Steel, armor to Clan Ferro-Fibrous (8.5 tons, 163 armor points), and was then able to fit in an extra-light Magna 245 engine, changing Max. Run Speed to 72.2 km/h and Max. Walk Speed to 48.1 km/h... smile_o.gif

Thanks again for thos cockpit pics thoughs picture will do thanks  smile_o.gif are thos from MechWarrior 3: Pirate's Moon i think you said?  I may go out and get that game looks much better than MechWarrior4 the cockpit dose anyway smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]nubbin77 Posted on June 03 2005,23:53

I imagine one of your biggest challenges will be the weapons and having them fire from the arms.

Keep it up.

I think my biggest challenge will be trying to get the jump jets to work,  Any one know how to get a tank class to jump rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Desert-Rat Posted on June 04 2005,14:27

I like your Mech very much ;) it looks very pretty i think i will start with a Mech too  but don't know if i will take a Mech from Mechwarrior or Earthsiege2  

Edit The Main Mech from G Nome was pretty too    

Try doing one of the Light mechs like the "Firefly"  "Owens" or the "Puma"  smile_o.gif  and if you need help with it id be glad to help.