Sign in to follow this  
pitufo

Boiling Poinit or New GTA???

As enthusiasts for open ended non-linear games I thought this would be the appropriate place to present this dillema...

As we all know, GTA : San Andreas is comin out for PC next month.  WOOT!  Who doesn't like GTA??  I should've added a poll to this post....

How can I add a poll to this post???

Anyways, I found out about a new game, Boiling Point: Road to Hell by Atari comin out before GTA.... I checked out the vids and the info and it's lookin' good.. real good.  I suppose, to answer my own question, I should just be Zen and wait... but I know I won't.  So I'd love your feedback on this...

I searched google for Boiling Point's homepage but all I found that worked, curiously, was Atari Australia's page.

http://www.atari.com.au/games/overview.do?id=275

P.S.  sorry if this been posted before did a search for "boiling point"

I read a review in a PC magazine about boiling point and they really liked the concept but there was alot of critisism about the game being a bit buggy and sometimes very messy and an unfinished feeling in the gfx departement of the game esp. interiours.

Maybe it was still a review copy and they fixed those things in the final release .. i m gonna choose GTA smile_o.gif

Boiling point is a bit of a dark horse. It is not going to win any awards for graphics but given its coming from a new team without the big money backing thats no surprise.

Word on AI is also pretty poor but, and its a big but, if it delivers on the scale and freedom then it could be a lot of fun.

Have you played Morrowind because it seems to be the closest in style? Lots to do with plenty of choices about how to do it hopefully drawing you in and making you forget about the short comings.

If your of a paranoid nature though Play.com posted my copy at the weekend but I have yet to see a single review or demo. I'm always suspicious when the game comes out first.

ya i played Morrowind... Too slow for me.

Probably Boiling Point will be too slow also then. It is kind of a GTA style game but slower from what I've seen so far. And it is REALLY rough around the edges, sound dropping out, objects floating in the air, primative graphics. Nothing fatal but it really feels like it should have come out a few years ago.

Not decided about the gameplay yet. I've done a couple of jobs for the army, had a few fights with the mob who now seriously dislike me, and gained a few leads on whats going on. All fair enough but I can't see this one winning any awards or huge sales. It may get deeper and I've barely started to explore. Seen one town, a few bases and a few jungle and mountain tracks.

Did find a wrecked truck with some RPGs in the back but got driven off by stinging insects. Now, if I can find some repelent somewhere...

I thought it was may 25th or june 25th, one or the other.

I've been following it for a while, I don;t know that it could have come out a few years ago, when you look beyond graphics, its sounds like it has a lot of stuff going on and you could get quite deep into it, its supposed to have a branching storyline I think.

I was a big Duex Ex fan, so I think i might like this.

I think I'd like Boiling Point if it's what it's cracked up to be. Morrowind is just REALLY slow... I don't even care if it's buggy at first as long as they fix the bugs... OFP was buggy at first and it's the best game out there.

I think I'd like Boiling Point if it's what it's cracked up to be.  Morrowind is just REALLY slow...  I don't even care if it's buggy at first as long as they fix the bugs... OFP was buggy at first and it's the best game out there.

morrowind wasnt that slow actually, but the fighing just sucked... tounge_o.gif

They got the AK47 model wrong... the selection lever is on the left side of the reciever, not the traditional right. Counter-strike has it this way, too... what's up with this?

I think this is for 2 reasons:

A) you can see the pretty shell casings come out

B) the other side is bland? Just some more animation to make the gun nicer.

Well I found Morrowind to be very slow, at least at first it is. I don't know if it gets faster as the game progresses. I ended up cheating to make my attributes go higher faster I was so impatient with it. And then I got rid of it. But I do admit it was an amazing game. If you have the patience and the time for it. Anyways, before I hijack my own thread let's hear some reviews of Boiling Point when anyone gets it.