Sign in to follow this  
BUDULAY

SOVIET SOLDIERS TEAM

We are working on soviet solders.

As we have not yet good modeller we have to use already done model. We use ICP_base as it is free< and we have not to ask permission. but we try to substitute all stuff and simple things. Now we lready done new RD-54(screen), new AK pouches, belt, helmet, spade, AK knife. And we plane to make also Radio,mine-detector, medic bag, grenad pouch, water bottle.

But we are not strong enouch to make AK...so we ask you to suggest us whome we should ask AK (RHS, ORCS etc)...what weapon pack will be more suitable?

ussrsoldier8ex.th.jpg click to enlarge

Unfortunatly we have not yet a website

Depends on what period you are making, if I can remember right there isn't AK-47 in RHS pack, which could be better, but in ORCS there is both AK-47 and AK-74. smile_o.gif

But anyways looks good! smile_o.gif

I think the period since 1984 ... like in OFP.

And you think i can use onlu AKM or AK 47? i am really not good at history. And what type of radio shall we use? we conseder R - 159

more fresh screen...where new helmet. belt. RD. ak pouch. knife.

should we change boots?

ussrsoldier16og.th.jpg

I think the KLMK/KZS/Sumrak is a bit overused as it was a pretty rare camo primarily used by Special Operations. If you would like to make infantry representing the time you should give them either khaki/brown clothes or the old soviet woodland.

If you wan't to represent the naval infantry that plays the role as agressor in the original OFP-campaign they should have the naval infantry version of the russian woodland camoflage.

At least I think so. wink_o.gif But I have to say that the work looks real nice this far! Can't be too many russians in OFP.

BOOTS: Probably would be more realistic with the (fake)leather ones issued then. I don't think the ordinary forces had modern boots back then. But again that depends on what units you'll do.

GUNS: They should use Ak47, AKM, AK74, PKM, RPK47 (74?) and Dragunov.

wow looks very good, these guys will go perfectly with the 1985 US troops I making for my own pleasure. lLooking so much forward til they are released when ever that my be. smile_o.gif

ussoldier1cp.th.jpg

STGN

Geocider made a very good point regarding the camouflage, I myself would like to see the old soviet woodland on these units. So far they're looking really good, looking forward to seeing more progress on these smile_o.gif

PS- Nice job STGN

Thanx a lot!!! Now we think that it will be more closer to BIS solders, so it will be paratroopers and (as you have already siad) marines.

For beta version i think we chose only this camo (KZS_///just maybe another colours, but for the first releas only that. Firs realise will be soldier for special operations. In the future we will try to develope brown and (or) woodland cammo. Soory but i think we can not do many version of cammo for the beta.

My question. What wear soldeir (radioman) on the had, head-phones and...? (cap, pilotke, helmet)?

Should we give RD54 to radioman and officer?

Should we give bullet belt (cross the body) to machinegunner?

And finnaly, as i understand we should use ORCS weapon, as it has ak47?

troops of that era and especially VDV or Morpeh would use AKM/S and AKS-74 rather than a Ak47...

The question of using any AK will be difficult.... i am downloading ORCS infantary and RHS infantary...let s see wich one will be more suitable.

and will be someone so kind to post here any pictures soviet soldeirs of that period (especialy in KZS and khaki camo)

thx a lot....

Wow i think we need to make a bode armour ...

Do you know that type (name, number) or armour use soviet solders?

http://tridentmilitary.com/Russian.camouflage.htm

http://www.tridentarms.com/New-Photos7/armoredvest.jpg

If you scroll down to the very bottom it has a frontal picture of the vest as well as some information.

You might find these helpful, too..The second link is of another Russian vest.

http://www.russianwarrior.com/

http://www.russianwarrior.com/1979fieldgear_flakvestmain.htm

Looking nice!

I say you guys should use the ORCS weapons pack.

I hope I am not the only one who would love to see some 80's era soviet paras, maybe with the soft tanker like helmets, and maybe some KGB border guards and other units that OFP lacks.

thx for links!

MB-610 (armourvest) i think will be suitable.

Anybody know is it truph that paratroopers in actions ( or special operations) wear blue berets?? or they wear smth else instead it

If you get permission from ORCS to use their models, let me know... I may have some stuff your interested in.

VDV

vdv8tw.th.jpg

Naval Infantry

morpeh6uc.th.jpg

Naval Infantry, Camo

morpeh25il.th.jpg

Infantry

pbi4iw.th.jpg

Infantry, Camo

mahra7zn.th.jpg

Cleo those units look great! Thats just what OFP needs!

We already have Russian VDV, Naval Infantry, etc, but OFP lacks Soviet VDV and units like that.

Any chance for Soviet VDV in that brownish uniform your infantry are in?

hey cleo, I really think you should release that infantry reskin of ORCS's. I know I asked you about doing that in the topic about ORCS's 1985 era troops. But, seriously, I think you should...

I hope that those get released as well, they could be very useful smile_o.gif

I never bothered to ask ORCS permission to release these because:

A. i read somewhere that they dont usually grant permission for such things, which is their decision and i can respect that. plus i dont like rejection wink_o.gif

B. DenOrc said in his thread for the '85 units that he was going to be making more of his own... I dont want to step on anyones toes, and his will be way better than mine.

but i figure if Budulay gets permission to use the models, i would be happy to help. I know there are some things Id like to do to these units that i lack the skills for.

@ adrenalin: i do indeed have some VDV in khaki uniforms somewhere, as well as winter units. I'll see about posting some pics maybe, but i dont want to hijack this thread.

Great!

...If you feel bad why dont you make your own thread. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

You obviously have some awesome looking Soviets to drool over.

You know what they say, it never hurts to ask. If u dont want to ask I am sure someone else could ask for you! Heck I will even do it! I have done it before for other addon makers and most in my experience are more than happy to let people use their addons.

Either way great looking addons!

Wow nice units

Ill try to ask..this week we will have permission or not!