Sign in to follow this  
raedor

RHS releases: GRU, SOBR, RFMI, GAZ66, Weapon Pack

i have just had the chance to try them out, what can i say? fantastic! biggrin_o.gif

2 bugs I know of:

1) Silenced AK uses regular AK aiming sight (so you see the flashes in the aiming sight but not in default first person)

2) Some AK's have a muzzle flash that's round, but their sight has it going to the sides

2) Haha yeh we thought it would be obvious to get but i'll explain:

-some weapons like the AKM if you look at the muzzle you see they dont have a muzzle compensator on the end thus flames come out in all directions.

-AK74 for example has a a muzzle compensator with two side holes

-RPK74 has holes all over the circumference

I hope you see the difference: AKM and AK-74M

hey you forgot to mention me, I made the RPG-22  sad_o.gif

hey you forgot to mention me, I made the RPG-22 sad_o.gif

it seems it was a little misunderstanding vex, i thought Kenji modeled it as well as noone mentioned. Ur Name will be in the new readme ASAP.

Hey guys, nice addons.  I especially like the "sumrak" units.  I was wondering what unit the insignia represents on the Spetsnaz?  Also, does anyone have any info on Russian army organisation, at squad/platoon/company level?

Thanks.

Looking like amazing work so far, but I'm having problems getting it to work.

I've read from the 1st page and deleted all that was said, yet I still get the no entry: model special error. I think that it is becuase I lack the LSR_R109.pbo, which was listed by an RHS member. Where can I get this pbo? smile_o.gif

Looking forward to finally playing with these great addons.

Looking like amazing work so far, but I'm having problems getting it to work.

I've read from the 1st page and deleted all that was said, yet I still get the no entry: model special error. I think that it is becuase I lack the LSR_R109.pbo, which was listed by an RHS member. Where can I get this pbo? smile_o.gif

Looking forward to finally playing with these great addons.

Its included with every pack. The LSR_R109.pbo is the portable radio.

I said it several times but I wonder if anyone noticed:

Can you put pack the original iron sights from S&E, the new ones are causing lag, FPS dropps from 40 to 20 when I select the aiming mode (v).

very annoying "bug"... I cant enjoy those great GRU units because of this...

If you guys already noticed, sorry.

Have a good day.

Hey guys, nice addons. I especially like the "sumrak" units. I was wondering what unit the insignia represents on the Spetsnaz? Also, does anyone have any info on Russian army organisation, at squad/platoon/company level?

Thanks.

If I remember right the bat reflects the 16 Obr Spn GRU-Unit.

The GRU-units are the original Spetznatz but nowadays the term is used on some of the other russian special duties-units as well

quite similar to the US Special Forces, there is only one unit that are special forces and this are the Green Berets, but everybody uses the term on every soldier who wears a pair of Oakley ;)

Please correct any false information, I wrote that all down from my head from what I read month's and years ago biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Can you put pack the original iron sights from S&E, the new ones are causing lag, FPS dropps from 40 to 20 when I select the aiming mode (v).

Have a good day.

Actually I have quite the opposite, I tried out every unit and I get the usual 10 frames increase on the normal sights. The zoomed sight are even better.

Were there complains by others about this as well?

maybe it was the mission or something like that.

So far:

WEAPON PACK

-PKM Sound loudness

-PKM Invetory pic - added

-APS Silenced inventory pic - added

-PKM zoom distance - fixed

-PKM Sights

-VOG explosion sound - fixed

-Silenced AK sights - added

-Silenced AK zeroeing

-RPG22 inventory + ammo pic - added

-PKM muzzle flash changes colour - fixed

-V94 5/10rd ammo bug - fixed to 5 rd as should be.

-MAAM and JAM error messages - fixed

please ppl if there is anything we've missed please post here, before the update comes out.

If I remember right the bat reflects the 16 Obr Spn GRU-Unit.

The GRU-units are the original Spetznatz but nowadays the term is used on some of the other russian special duties-units as well

quite similar to the US Special Forces, there is only one unit that are special forces and this are the Green Berets, but everybody uses the term on every soldier who wears a pair of Oakley ;)

Please correct any false information, I wrote that all down from my head from what I read month's and years ago biggrin_o.gif

My understanding is the "spetsnaz" is a very generic term (an amalgamation of several words meaning "special purpose soldier," if memory serves) and that there's no one unit that bears the name (as is the case with the US Army Special Forces.) I've even seen the term applied to specialized Russian police units.

I believe the first "spetsnaz" were the naval scouts of WW2 (but they weren't called such at the time.) They did the sort of thing you'd associate with spetsnaz today (airborne operations, deep recon, snatches, sabotage, etc.) I have a book detailing some of their operations. Good reading.

Of course, I could be wrong about my understanding about the application of the term. tounge_o.gif

I haven't come across a lot of info regarding spetsnaz units in English, so feel free to correct me.

@RHS:

I just tried out everything. It's great stuff. I'm blown away by the camo textures especially.

Awesome work.

i don't know if it is just missing or just not there, but with the grenade launcher i get no aiming option for firing it, isn't it normally possible to lift such a thing?

@soul - i believe that someone mentioned that one of the svd's said it used 762 x 39 instead of 762 x 54, you might want to check that out

Quote[/b] ]

So far:

WEAPON PACK

-PKM Sound loudness

-PKM Sights

-Silenced AK zeroeing

please ppl if there is anything we've missed please post here, before the update comes out.

1. Will you finish unfinished betas , I mean AK74 with cobra, barsik and Diar NV sights ?

2. Can you change SVD sound ?

Quote[/b] ]

So far:

WEAPON PACK

-PKM Sound loudness

-PKM Sights

-Silenced AK zeroeing

1. Will you finish unfinished betas , I mean AK74 with cobra, barsik and Diar NV sights ?

2. Can you change SVD sound ?

1. No, not yet

2. We're bug hunting right now smile_o.gif but yeh i dont see the svd sound a problem atm so maybe when we release the final svd, not yet though.

PKM and SVD use 7.62x54R, not 7.62x39, please fix this. And some weapons aren't addable in the editor, for example the RHS_AKMSPBO1 and RHS_AKMSGP25PBO1 apparently aren't found in the config, some others give me MAAM errors too but I guess you fixed that. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i don't know if it is just missing or just not there, but with the grenade launcher i get no aiming option for firing it, isn't it normally possible to lift such a thing?

I remember this from the Marine Assault Pack thread; the Russian GP grenade launchers have complex sights that couldn't be properly used in OFP, so some addons don't have an aiming option for it. I think in MAP it was replaced by some simple lines meant to simulate a grenadier's skill in estimating distances.

Says in the weapons readme that the AKS-74s in their various guises use 7.62 mags, is this a typo? I thought they'd use 5.45 rounds like it says the AK-74Ms do.

Also, in the optics view, the AKM varients and RPK-74 varients have 2 'pronged' muzzle flashes indicitive of the flash-hiders on AK-74s rather than the circular or star shaped ones they have in the other views, which you would expect given their different flash-hiders to the AK-74. I re-iterate that this is only in the optics view and that the muzzle flashes are fine in other views.

Fantastic pack though, I've had a lot of fun using them despite the bugs.

@Soul_Assassin

Remove muzzle flash of silenced AKs in aiming mode

----

I have a strange lag bug, when I use these units on an island like Everon(Hi-res) or Nogova and switch to command view, my FPS drops to 2 (from ~40) and ground textures seems to reload every second (like a refresh). Happens mostly with GRU, with SOBR less often and once with Motorized Infantry. First I thought it was due to my old GeForce 4 MX 440 (64mb), but it does it only with these units. Works fine with the others like ORCS' Infantry.

WARNING!! Big major bugg!! I haven't downloaded this extremally top noch pack crazy_o.gif What a BUGGer!!

Sorry, I haven't really come across any buggs, cos still downloading biggrin_o.gif

Looking good, very very good...

Regards.

@CERO.

RPK-74 don't use 7.62 caliber i thing that this weapon use 5.45 mm and JAM magazine should be JAM_E545M_45mag or JAM_E545M_75mag instead of JAM_E762M_40mag.

Have a good day.

the iron sites are E&S as far as i can tell and im not geting any lag or drop in fps...

RPK-74 don't use 7.62 caliber i thing that this weapon use 5.45 mm and JAM magazine should be JAM_E545M_45mag or JAM_E545M_75mag instead of JAM_E762M_40mag.

thank you for noticing smile_o.gif added to to-do list.

Well, I made a huge list of bugs found by myself and other community members. I wrote it in german first, will translate it into english when I have some time for that.

Those of you who are able to read German can have a look on it here:

Buglist at Mapfact Forum

A few things I want to say here:

- Spetznaz unable to hide body

- no AA- Soldier

- no ability of Spetznaz to defuse mines (told by forum member a few posts above)

- RPG7V Launcher not mentioned in readme file

- several units with incomplete armament such as missing Tokarevs or Tokarev Mags (see detail list link)

- several wrong ammo specifications in readme file (see detail list link)

- several wrong ammo Name (but functional) e.g. 7.62x39 for SVD. It fires 7.62x54R cartridges.

But, of course, all our units look great and after fixing that bugs it will be a pleasure to play with them.

Thanx for this!

smile_o.gif

edit:

OK guys, it's a bad idea to give you only a link to a german forum. So I made the translation and now I will give you my "encyclopedia":

(directly copied from MS Word, so excuse the format)

Bugreport –List for RHS- Release of Mai 9th 2005

This list contains several bugs and malfunctions discovered by myself or other forum users and reproduced my myself.

I made two parts: Part one contains „important bugs and malfunctions to be corrected immediatelyâ€, part two contains suggestions, proposals and ideas for a future update.

<u>Part one:

Important bugs and malfunctions:</u>

1. JAM2 and MAAM 1.3 compatibility:

While loading OFP several „no entry“ popups appear if JAM2 or MAAM 1.3 ist not installed.

2. Motorized Infantry Officer (VSR)(Cap):

Soldier has weapon Tokarev, but no mags.

3. Motorized Infantry Officer (VSR):

Soldier has weapon Tokarev, but no mags.

4. GRU Spetznaz LMG Rifleman (Gorka-S):

Soldier has four mags for Tokarev but no weapon Tokarev

5. GRU Spetznaz LMG Rifleman (Sumrak):

6. GRU Spetznaz Recon Grenadier (Gorka-S):

Soldier don’t have NV goggles

7. GRU Spetznaz Recon Grenadier (Sumrak):

8. GRU Spetznaz Recon Rifleman (Gorka-S):

9. GRU Spetznaz Recon Rifleman (Sumrak);

10. GRU Spetznaz Recon RPG (Gorka-S):

11. GRU Spetznaz Recon RPG (Sumrak):

12. GRU Spetznaz RPG (Gorka-S):

13. GRU Spetznaz RPG (Sumrak):

14. wrong ammo requirements in  readme file:

RHS_RPK74, RHS_RPK74PSO1V needs RHS_45rd_545MG_Mag

JAM2- ammo requirements also wrong

15. wrong ammo requirements in  readme file:

RHS_AKS74, RHS_AK74_Folded, RHS_AKS74GP25, RHS_AKS74PSO1 needs RHS_30rd_545_Mag

16. wrong ammo requirements in  readme file:

RHS_AKS74PBS3; RHS_AKS74PSO1PBS3, RHS_AKS74PSO1PBS3GP25, RHS_AKS74PSO1PBS2GP25 needs 30rd_545_SDMag

17. RHS_SVD:

Wrong ammo description in Inventory. SVD fires 7.2x54R, not 7.62x39

18. RHS_PK:

Wrong ammo description in Inventory. PKM fires 7.62x54R, not 7.62x39

Wrong pic in inventory. RPK74 is shown in inventory with its mags..

Too high zoom of optics

19. RHS_Aps_s:

No inventory pic

20. RHS_V94:

Wrong magazine capacity shown in inventory. Mag holds only five rounds.

21. RHS_VOG25Grenade:

No explosion sound

22. RHS_VOG25PGenade:

No explosion sound

23. RHS_RPG22Launcher_1:

No inventory pic

24. RHS_RPG22LauncherMag_1:

No inventory pic

25. RHS_RPG7:

Wrong ammo requirements in readme file. RHS_RPG7 fires only RHS_PG7VL.

26. RHS_RPG7V:

Weapon not mentioned in readme file. Weapon fires RHS_PG7VL, RHS_TBG7V and RHS_PG7VR.

27. every suppressed weapon:

Wrong aiming point. Weapon fires too high. Not aimable at this time. Relevant for both optics and iron sights.

28. GAZ66:

Drivers and passengers side changed. You can board as driver only from the right side and as passenger from the left or back side. No back lights or brake lights.

29. Spetznaz unable to defuse mines. Engineer required. At this time no RHS- Unit is able to defuse mines.

<u>Part two:

suggestions, proposals and ideas for a future update</u>

· PKM is a high dispersion weapon. It meets reality quite well, but is unplayable ingame. Open fire on distances up to 500 m is obsolete.

· MAAM 1.3 compatibility not needed. As long as this causes “no entry†popups please remove it..

· Bring JAM2 compatibility to all weapons as far as possible, so for RPG7-Launcher, SVD, PKM and OSV-96

· Bring compatibility with standard BIS magazines as far as possible.

· Harmonize magazine names. RHS_10_127Mag is not the same system as other RHS ammo. Same for RPG22- Launcher. (My proposal: RHS_RPG22, RHS_RPG22_Mag)

· Add engineer for Motorized Infantry (Mine laying and defusing).

· Give ability of defusing mines to Spetznaz (Standard BIS function)

· Give ability to hide body to Spetznaz. Currently no RHS Spetznas or SOBR unit ist able to hide bodies. (BIS standard function)

· Add Spetznaz combat medic. (Or give „heal“ abilility to all Spetznaz).

· Add Spetznaz demolition. (The „classic Spetznaz“ with satchel charges)

· Add Spetznaz AT engineer. (Spetznaz wit AT mines)

· Add mechanic. A soldier with limited repair capability. (Inspired by Arons Mapfact EditorUpdate).

· Add AA- soldier

· Remove the „no Target“ from the OSV-96 scope. It looks ridiculous at russian scopes.

· Add HEI ammo to the OSV-96 sniper rifle (HEI = High explosive incendiary). AP ammo fired from sniper rifles is ineffective in OFP against armored targets, but HEI ammo can give more power against soft targets.

· Replace firing sound of SVD. Standard BIS sound does not meet your custom sounds.

· Remove Tokarev pistol. Standard BIS pistol is an ugly competitor in your arsenal and its sound is horrible and ridiculous in comparison to the APS.

· Add PM (Makarov pistol). It’s the most known handgun of the easten hemisphere.

· Add Saiga combat shotgun: a highly reliable CQB weapon for Special Forces.

· Regroup units in the editor:

· Not only „RHS Man“ which must be „RHS Men“ Group the units by uniforms and keep the units names short because they hide a lot of the screen while playing..

First Group: RHS Motorized Infantry:

(VSR) Combat Medic

(VSR) Grenadier

(VSR) LMG

(VSR) MG

(VSR) Marksman

(VSR) Officer

(VSR) Officer (cap)

(VSR) Radio

(VSR) Rifleman

(VSR) Rifleman (cap)

(VSR) RPG

Same for Flora- Soldiers:

(Flora) Combat Medic

(Flora) Grenadier

(Flora) LMG

(Flora) MG

(Flora) Marksman

(Flora) Officer

(Flora) Officer (cap)

(Flora) Radio

(Flora) Rifleman

(Flora) Rifleman (cap)

(Flora) RPG

Second group: RHS GRU Spetznaz

First the Gorka-S soldiers:

(G) Spetznaz Grenadier

(G) Spetznaz LMG

(G) Spetznaz MG

(G) Spetznaz Marksman

(G) Spetznaz Radio

(G) Spetznaz Recon Grenadier

(G) Spetznaz Recon Radio

(G) Spetznaz Recon Rifleman

(G) Spetznaz Recon RPG

(G) Spetznaz Recon Team Leader

The same for the Sumrak- Soldiers:

(S) Spetznaz Grenadier

Third group: RHS SOBR:

SOBR Officer

SOBR Marksman

SOBR Rifleman

SOBR Grenadier

SOBR Team Leader

Fourth group: RHS Men

For all other soldiers formerly grouped under (Misc) and others.

e.g.:

(VSR) Infantry Captive

(VSR) Infantry Medic

(VSR) Infantry Officer

(VSR) Infantry Patrolman

(VSR) Infantry Soldier

(VSR) Artillery Soldier

(VSR) Driver

Same for the Flora- units:

(Flora) Infantry Captive

(Flora) Infantry Medic

(Flora) Infantry Officer

(Flora) Infantry Patrolman

(Flora) Infantry Soldier

(Flora) Artillery Soldier

(Flora) Driver

And finally the crews:

Crew (Russia)

Crew (USSR)

Crew (Russia, winter)

Crew (USSR, winter)

So this would mean four groups in the editor:

RHS Motorized Infantry

RHS GRU Spetznaz

RHS SOBR

RHS  Men

In my opinion much more clear than before. And mostly you will use equally uniformed units, so its better to sort them by uniforms.

Do not put all your units in one group, make these four please.

· Update readme file. Here you can explain abbreveations such as (G) for the Gorka-S soldiers ans (S) for the Sumrak ones. Also the SOBR uniforms can be explained here.

Maybe you will explain russian uniforms and its time of use briefly, also as structure of russian forces in general because most people in western Europe or other countries aren’t well confident with that.

· Build machineguns on tripods. ORCS is your main competitor and they have some. And your current PKM is a hell of a widespread high dispersion weapon, so we need a more accurate weapon for the sustained fire role with enhanced accuracy up to 500 meters.

· In the future I would be pleased to see more modern russian armament. My current ideas: “Gratsch-2†pistol which will be introduced in russian service currently, the modern sniper rifles SV-98 and SV-99 and maybe the “Abakan†AN-94 assault rifle.

Well, that’s it for today what I want to tell you.

And again: I am absolutely impressed by our awesome work!

Keep it up, guys!