Sign in to follow this  
raedor

RHS releases: GRU, SOBR, RFMI, GAZ66, Weapon Pack

@Chip

Dude...thats not very constructive.

Just rude.

How can it not be constructive? I listed the things that are wrong in this pack. But the fact remains that this weapon pack is terrible. The soldiers on the other hand are much better, they are very well done with good and clear textures. The head model seems to be further modified and looks very nice. And I haven't tested the truck yet.

I've been waiting for a long time for these, but after reading some of the reviews I'm debating wether I should even download them.

Are they really worth it?

I've been waiting for a long time for these, but after reading some of the reviews I'm debating wether I should even download them.

Yes.

The soldiers - yes. The weaponpack - no, but you still have to download it for the soldiers to work.

yes, SOBR & GRU soldiers are eye candy. But the weapons pack...

I would suggest RHS to use either Such&Earl's weapons or ORCS' ones.

Hi, well... now we know wich are the best units models; this units... & the LSR De/Ra. The weapons look great too; they've a few bugs but they look very well, the recoils look realistic and the sounds (unless that UGLY, pistol wich say: Burst Fire, instead: Full Auto; that how it shoots.) and a receiver sounds much louder than how it sounds in the AK's or that pistol; but anyway... if someone wants real loud sounds, maybe that will not like to neightbours "what the fuck's goin' on there? the fuckin' 3Th world war...!?" i think that the weapons will achive a 100% -20% = 80% they look great, but those small bugs remove 'em a 20%. & to prove my point on how great this units look like... there go some pics.

rhs.jpg

rhs01.jpg

rhs02.jpg

rhs03.jpg

"Unfortunatelly..." i have my dear Earl & Suchey USMC Addon Pack 1.0 + USMCBeta3 re-retextured & the RNI crewman, made by Suchey (God had him in his mighty glory) that's more than enought for my PC; and for me too. Great job RHS, it was time that u began to release something, release those Hinds could be a good idea too; and... maybe make a Hind-A?. Let's cu

I forget it... the SVD could use the SVD sound inside the INQ Weapons 1.1 (Paa), that sounds much better than that fake goon sound in the JAM_Mag2; i also get that MAAM/JAM error message, but i haven't the MAAM installed or any other RHS/ORCS/HYK/LSR/BAS addon unit; it maybe caused by the C8XJAM_Weapons, or who knows... the JAM_Mag2 itself... the hood isn't so compatible with the glasses addon, u can see through it, in the edge of those glasses. It also haves a small hole pasted to the neck of the Spetz T.Leader, like at 5 "O'Glock..." ; and some one should had said Jauma that the nose of his new face model, it's fatter than mine; and i snort all that can, but well i guess that i should tell that Jauma in his Threath or by PM. Anyway, the idea it's this: Gre-at. U-nits. Let's cu

@Chip

Listing bugs is one thing.

Quote[/b] ]greatest disappointment ever
Quote[/b] ]It's full of silly bugs and stupid ideas
Quote[/b] ]They look like a begginer's work to be honest
Quote[/b] ]weapon sights are horrible
Quote[/b] ]The models are quite weird

That's helpful? Why in the hell would anyone listen to that crap?

People need to learn how to discuss a released addon without sounding like this and start doing it soon.

@Chip

"greatest disappointment ever"

"It's full of silly bugs and stupid ideas"

"They look like a begginer's work to be honest"

"weapon sights are horrible"

"The models are quite weird"

People need to learn how to discuss a released addon without sounding like this and start doing it soon.

It IS the greatest disappointment ever, it IS full of silly bugs and stupid ideas (e.g. the silenced AKs with PSOs), they DO look like beginner's work, the sights ARE horrible and the models ARE weird. Therefore, they should fix the bugs, rethink their weapon choices, put more work into modelling and redo the sights.

Is that better or should I also spellcheck it in case you got any more of your... unbright comments? crazy_o.gif

@Chip

"greatest disappointment ever"

"It's full of silly bugs and stupid ideas"

"They look like a begginer's work to be honest"

"weapon sights are horrible"

"The models are quite weird"

It IS the greatest disappointment ever, it IS full of silly bugs and stupid ideas (e.g. the silenced AKs with PSOs), they DO look like beginner's work, the sights ARE horrible and the models ARE weird. Therefore, they should fix the bugs, rethink their weapon choices, put more work into modelling and redo the sights.

Is that better or should I also spellcheck it in case you got any more of your... unbright comments? crazy_o.gif

gotta agree with Chip, and not to mention the sights that drasticly reduce FPS... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It IS the greatest disappointment ever,

You gotta be kidding me? The bugs are so few and small that they'll probably all be fixed by tommorow or the day after.

You know you could always just go play with the ORCS pack if you don't like this one. I really can't understand why you would though.

- RPG-22 is missing an inventory picture and round pictures also.

- The weapon pack is not compatible with the RHS crew.

Seems like most of the bugs are within the weapon pack. But I still think they look superb. These provide a good alternate to Earl's modern AKs.

Good job RHS team! It's been worth waiting for. smile_o.gif

This weapon pack is the greatest disappointment ever. We expected much more than this. It's full of silly bugs and stupid ideas (silenced AKs with PSO scopes?!? WTF is that about?!?). It seems very much like unfinished work. The weapon sights are horrible - ak sight looks like a cut out screenshot of orcs sight, the SVD scope has weird muzzle flashes in the middle, the zoom is collosal (looks like 20x LOL), the RPG sight is pretty much unusable etc. The new sounds are not bad but the SVD sound is exactly the same as original bis! The models are quite weird - they look very smooth, like toys, and have some strange details on them. They look like a begginer's work to be honest. The renders screenshots looked a lot better. And the V94 has the strangest scope ever, with the 'no target' display with battery level? I've never seen its scope myself but I highly doubt it has such english signs?

I didn't want to be so negative in my comment but after all that waiting and promises I'm really deeply disappointed. sad_o.gif

Chip, I hate to have to restate our position for the umpteenth time, but since you are relatively new (?) here, I will:

If you are going to make criticisms of peoples work, do it in a constructive manner. You have the right to point out bugs and shortcomings as you see them, but you must do it in a mature and polite manner.

Remember - addon makers don't owe you, me, or anybody else anything; they do their work and share it with the public out of generosity. Disparaging and sarcastic comments such as yours have caused more than one talented addon maker to leave the community...

Now, thanks everyone who defended RHS work, but please let this be the end of the argument and continue discussing this addon in a civilised manner.

Very nice... Good job all of you over at Red Hammer Studios.

Hey Soul, we need to talk on MSN more often. smile_o.gif

@Chip and sovietman

C'mon guys a few bugs in exchange for this?

I would take the barter smile_o.gif and in anycase bug hunting will start today.

About the crew compatibility issue. Crew works but there is a slight issue in it's config, which we'll have fixed and updated ASAP.

I don't know if this is related to these addons, but I started getting this error after install:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.MAAM_E545_30mag'.

Just finishing off the d/l and off to test, but before I do

THANK YOU RHS for your work, if these guys are anything like your t-55s, my wife wont see me for weeks  tounge_o.gif

I was expecting something small, based on what info was released, came home from work and logged on to see not one but 5 wow_o.gif addons.

I have a collection of all of the pics you have released of your infantry during their development life, i liked what i saw months ago, so i know i will love what you have given us now.

Cheers

and to all the unconstructive tr(f)ools mad_o.gif go away and make something better, or help RHS bug hunt or better yet..go away

YESYESYESYESYES! At last! Damn, this is gonna be swell, mister! Thank you so much for this!

Any predicted time for the updates to be released? On 56k for about 2 more weeks so I dont want to download it all then have to do it again 2 seconds later smile_o.gif

Tried them out in MP quickly last night in a few converted missions, and liked them, but the AK i was using (as GRU grenadier) was shooting slightly above the ironsights, at close range and far off. VERY nice though, despite this little bug.

mirrors:

RF Motostrelki

RF GRU

RF SOBR

RF Weapon Pack

RF GAZ 66 Truck

EDIT: Forgot to say, the guy who was playing as GRU RPG was also having the same accuracy bug.

Excellent work, these units are really something else, congratulations on your release! I think the weapons are excellent too, my only gripe being the lack of AA soldier?

Thanks again for all the hard work!

This weapon pack is the greatest disappointment ever. We expected much more than this. It's full of silly bugs and stupid ideas (silenced AKs with PSO scopes?!? WTF is that about?!?). It seems very much like unfinished work. The weapon sights are horrible - ak sight looks like a cut out screenshot of orcs sight, the SVD scope has weird muzzle flashes in the middle, the zoom is collosal (looks like 20x LOL), the RPG sight is pretty much unusable etc. The new sounds are not bad but the SVD sound is exactly the same as original bis! The models are quite weird - they look very smooth, like toys, and have some strange details on them. They look like a begginer's work to be honest. The renders screenshots looked a lot better. And the V94 has the strangest scope ever, with the 'no target' display with battery level? I've never seen its scope myself but I highly doubt it has such english signs?

I didn't want to be so negative in my comment but after all that waiting and promises I'm really deeply disappointed. sad_o.gif

Sorry just have to nitpick at ur post abit, maybe you'll feel better.

Quote[/b] ](silenced AKs with PSO scopes?!? WTF is that about?!?)

You've never seen a AK with a pso scope? Im sure Shadow has a picture in his database. Please don't be so ignorant about things u have no clue about.

Quote[/b] ]the zoom is collosal (looks like 20x LOL)

The SVD zoom is the same as BIS original for playability.

Quote[/b] ]the RPG sight is pretty much unusable etc

who told you it was easy to use an RPG in real life??

Quote[/b] ]SVD sound is exactly the same as original bis!

Say it aint soooo!! The hororrrrr............. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The models are quite weird - they look very smooth, like toys, and have some strange details on them.

wow u got me baffled there myfriend since they use real pictures as textures. I'm not doubting you though tounge_o.gif im sure the person who took the pics for us put alot of strangethings on the rifle before taking the pic.

Quote[/b] ]And the V94 has the strangest scope ever, with the 'no target' display with battery level? I've never seen its scope myself but I highly doubt it has such english signs?

Again please hold ur ignorance about russian weapons to urself.

But yeh m8 didnt wanna sound so negative in my comments about ur comments tounge_o.gif

thanks a lot for bug reports. i hope we can fix some wink_o.gif