Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Bio Hazard - Apocalypse!

This mission is really good. - You should definitely finalize it. smile_o.gif

Played it a while ago, but this time I wanted to complete it. So here is my testreport:

I've played it for around eight hours, just to find a bug that makes it impossible to win the mission... crazy_o.gif

It's the Microbe Research, it doesn't unlock the next/final research.

The Microbe Research wasn't deleted from the action menu. I had two obsolete actions in the action menu after a while. - As I researched it two times because of the bug before, perhaps it's just a side issue.

The Autopsy Research hint isn't displayed, only an error message.

Some of the hints are very large, maybe cutrscs or dialogs would be better for this.

I don't know if it's a bug, but why do I have to defend a lost city if I don't get payed for it?

I my opinion the mission is very hard to win. I would've liked to have more money, and one research tree not to blocking the other one. Anyways, there isn't enough money to befenit from weapon research.

I've started with NVG research. Two ais as chopper crew and two as infantry. As I played with ECP, the crew was really good at quick insertions.

I've disarmed the crew, to have more ammo for the infantry's FN-FALs, removed all ai pistols and fought myself most of the time only with a pistol to save money. Used the ai helicopter as air support, and sometimes he got a zombie.

The first fights I was "commanding" blindly, without NVG in dark cities. (How I'm supposed to use the flares in the mission? I've found no weapons with grenadelaunchers.)

After the NVGs I've researched M16s. From games before I knew there isn't enough money to use them, so I did it just to research the M60 later.

Then I had to wait one day for the next payment, to have enough money for the next (science) research.

After the loss of one ai, I've reallocated the squad: Gunner + two infantry. I had to pilot myself now. Couldn't spend 3000 for a new rookie.

From then on, I've used the Blackhawk as portable machinegun. I've landed it quickly between the zombies and the villages, disembarked with the infantry (prown) and let the M2 do most of the work. Of course I had to reload many times because of crashlandings or friendlyfire by the M2. But at least the .50 ammo was free of charge. tounge2.gif

To press research forward I've had to reduce the infantry arms to 1x FAL and 1x CZ 75, later even to 2x CZ 75. The FAL ammo became too expensiv.

Researched:

Weapons: M16

Science: NVG-Autopsy-Microbe-Microbe

Bought:

1x NVG, FN-FAL and CZ 75 Ammo

Lost villages:

Larche

There isn't enough time and money for the weapon research in my opinion. I was just hoping to finish the researches before all civilians were dead.

Defending Larche three times after it was already lost didn't make things easier.

Suggestions for the civilians:

At first it's ok with the policemen around, but after they are dead things get worse. (I've even looted their ammo to save money.) If a policemen dies, a less skilled civilian should be armed to replace him. Also it would be nice if the civilians respawn at a slow rate (1/day) in cities that are not lost. And wounded civilians should be healed after one day.

EDIT: Also it would be time-saving, if bought ammo is added right to the helicopter and not to the ammocrate. (ais inside the chopper can grab a magazine without running for seconds around the ammocrate, too)

I always though OPF+XCOM would rock

someone should take up development!

quiet_man

Well thanks for the feed back trapper, first off you asked why do you have to defend a town after its lost.. well you dont! Sure after the civilians in the town have been wiped out you still get a 'zombies sighted in X' but it dosent mean you have to go to the town to fight them off, since you dont get payed for it and theres no civilians to protect. The zombies spawned in the said town will just run towards the nearest town with civilians init.

As for the research errors i didnt know about that ill have to check it out some time, as i said i got a lot going on lately and i cant do much OFP mission making now. It might have somthing to do with you useing ECP but im not sure.

Also i thought making the money a bit sparse would make things a lot more challanging and make people manage there money better, but i might add a bigger payout for the towns.

As for the flare if you pick them up and press space cycleing threw your weapons modes you should see 'flares' and be able to fire them, but ECP might aslo be effecting that.

And as for the rest of your suggestions ill consider them but at the moment i havnt really got the time to do any OFP'ing confused_o.gif

Ok, if there will be a second message for the next town they attack. But the obsolete message is confusing. smile_o.gif

The research bug is a simple copy&paste error in MicrobeResearch.sqs: AutopsyRC=1 instead of MicrobeRC=1 and such.

I've tried the flares again, maybe something with my missionfile was wrong.

In editor I start the mission and I have to reload all my weapons at first. But I'm able to launch the flares like you said.

For testing I've played a pbod version I made a while ago. Can't switch to flares there. I was sure I didn't change anything in it, but it's my fault.