Sign in to follow this  
Gedis

Howercraft

Well, NAM era units are missing something realy interesting...

so i decided to post what i have about PACV used in Nam era, basicaly it was United Kingdom's SR.N5 patrol craft, U.S. changed it little bit to fit fighting on the rivers, added machine-guns and etc.  

PACV.jpg

SR.N5:

srn5.jpg

"PATROL AIR CUSHION VEHICLE

The patrol air cushion vehicle (PACV) is an innovation of the Mobile Riverine Force. PACVs are capable of speeds up to 70 MPH across all types of Delta terrain including rice paddies, mud flats and mangrove swamps. They are armed with twin .50-cal machine guns mounted in a turret plus two M-60 machine guns mounted on either side of the vehicle. PACV is powered by a single 1150-hp General Electric gas turbine engine. The engine drives both the nine foot pusher propeller and a seven foot lift fan. The Navy tested these vehicles at Dong Tam, a 9th Division base camp, in connection with Mobile Riverine Force operations."

UK's SRN6 blueprint

PACV pictures

pacv info

more info

maybe there will be addon makers which want to make this PACV?

I would love to have such a addon for Vietnam missions, maybee it could even have the multiple gunner positions?

Col Klink is the one for the l337 boats btw! smile_o.gif

Anybody with good addonmaking skills feel like making this? They could also instantly make a british version of it without the modifications the US made! So it will have people from 2 country's happy. I cannot model and make addons like needed for this one thought! sad_o.gif

Somebody please make this we need more ORIGINAL VEHICLES instead of everybody making the same thing!

PACV:

AirCushionVehicle.jpg

SR.N5:

wardenclass(SR.N5).jpg

112.7 km/h = 70 mph, that's crazy speed in mekong river!

I think mekong's riverine units were in love with this low flying vehicle smile_o.gif

nah, somebody, please take your hands on this baby, it should be born again, in OFP, info and pictures is not a problem, but the blueprints were... much time i spend on searching them in the internet, finaly my brother found it in russian site, searching not this one...  xmas_o.gif

Besides, U.S. used, Bell created PACV is shorter than U.K. SR.N6

blueprint and info of SR.N5 or PACV

SK-5 ACV ( Air Cushion Vehicle ) pictures

question:

but it is realy possible to make this baby in ofp, so that it could do 70mph on water or swamp and 40mph on land? it should be like apc or what in config? smile_o.gif

Gedis,

Once I check out the inner workings of PC's LCAC, this may be a viable and do-able.

All things being equal ...... I might have a go.

(Damn, I wish you could buy "Time" at the hardware store, I'd buy the 28 hour day pack for sure !!)

nice to hear that this is possible, well, if someone would strat creating it, it would be very great!

as to keep you on the tracks, i found sr.n5 (pacv) picture from the inside!!!

Ron%20in%20Hover%20craft%20%201968%20Synder.jpg

and i'm still search about it in the internet... smile_o.gif