Sign in to follow this  
Gadger

World Hockey Championships

See you in Italy this Winter smile_o.gif Hopefully the NHL players will be there.

And we are playing OPF2 wink_o.gif

The World Cup is every 4 years. Finland won it last September.

Actually we lost 3-2 to Canada in the final.

Anyways; congratulations Czech Republic.

Thought I'd bump this one up as the world champs are on the way again and I'm sure there are ppl who want to share their thoughts.

Tonight's games:

Finland - Canada

IMO should be a tough match with low scores or then it's a massacre by Canada. If they have a good day Finnish defense will be in a lot of trouble. Neither team has convinced me yet (in the match against Latvia Canada's best player Rick Rooker happened to be an American referee biggrin_o.gif). Tonight's result highly depends on Canada as Finland usually plays the same level throughout the tournaments with only few better/worse days.

so my money would go on two final scores here...

3 - 1 for Finland if Canada has a bad day

6 - 2 for Canada if they have a good day

Sweden - Russia

Haven't followed either team's efforts too much but I'd say Sweden will take it by a margin of few

Did anyone catch the Canada - Sweden game? Bloody awesome it was, hockey at it's finest!

Too bad about Finland though sad_o.gif

Well, defeat for Finland which was pretty much overshadowed by victory in Eurovision wink_o.gif Good to see that shaking *ss and *its does not necessarily mean success in *song* contest.

Don't care who wins today but perhaps im inclined towards Czech :P

Did anyone catch the Canada - Sweden game? Bloody awesome it was, hockey at it's finest!

Too bad about Finland though sad_o.gif

I saw the first period... had to go to the bar biggrin_o.gif I saw the last minutes of the game and banged my fist against the table after seeing so many missed opportunities by Canada and got the security on their toes :P it was a helluva match but those few a bit lucky goals for sweden in the first period kinda made the difference.

Don't care who wins today but perhaps im inclined towards Czech :P

We gave you twelve points sad_o.gif

Now it begins, Sweden—Czech!

Hell yeah - That's all I can say to describe the chain of events in this championship tounge2.gif

Just goes to show, we Canadians have to admit, other countries can play hockey too!

Finland and Sweden have become great hockey nations. Czechs/Slovaks and Russia have alway been great.

USA has along way too catch IMHO.

Just goes to show, we Canadians have to admit, other countries can play hockey too!

if Canada had any motivation left, I'm sure they would have whooped us.