Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

JJR Vietnam Pack Re-Release - New Thread

New video, showing some new features, like the animated trigger finger (still needs work done) and the visible grenades from your loadout in your grenade pouches:

bz1s.jpg

(Click For Larger Image)

Vietnam Troops Video 2

(Right Click, Save Target As)

Check it out, also, that is probably the last footage you will see with the old gear, me and a fellow modder are working on replacing their too modern gear with real nam equipment...

I already asked you in someone elses thread but ill ask you in this one incase you dont see the other one.

I made a revolver with a mag that rotates correctly when fired, but now im trying to make a gattling gun and the barrels are revolving too slowly. How do you speed this up, and do you put 2 points for the axis or is it limited to 1 for guns. Oh and did you animate the soldiers model or is it part of the gun for the animated finger. Any help would be great unclesam.gif

Wow loving that new video, can't wait biggrin_o.gif

Well, as for the gun animation speed, I'm not sure, but there is probably a config line you could use to get it to rotate faster.

And yes the finger is a simple animation on the soldier...

Wow, are you sure it's not a betaversion of OFP2 you have got in mistake?

But when they fire in full-auto mode, do the soldiers keep the finger pressed like in reality or do they constantly press-release-press it? Not much, but always nicer if it's like real, as at least I fire mostly 2-4 bullet bursts.

Viktor: At least the guy who made the old gatling said that it's about the magazine capasity. The more the capasity, the slower they go. That's why he only made 100-round mags.

they do look some thing like that now ye but whit real vietnam eara gear

Ah, I saw something on BIS's flashnews site about how to fix the problem with OFP.info's FTPs....

Ah, here it is, this is what it says:

Some people have trouble downloading from Ofp.info, if you do then ensure that the "Use Passive FTP" option in IE is ticked/selected, if that still doesn't help then download and install a download manager such as getright/gozilla/flashget/etc.

or use ftp#2 biggrin_o.gif

unfortunitly only recent downloads are featured on FTP2.. alot of their stuff is on ftp1 only.

the way to fix the problem is in the URL... open it in a new window and delete the 8021

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/videos/Vietnam%20Troop%20Updates.wmv

so it looks like this

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:/ofpd/videos/Vietnam%20Troop%20Updates.wmv

and thats how you download items from ftp1 smile_o.gif

I think you have to delete the " : " aswell.

EDIT: it might not make a difference

sorry to bump a semi-old thread up, but are there any updates on these units?

P.S...something I would like to see if a fix for cargo first person view...if you look on the old JJR troops their helmets appear in first person :P

Yea thats a known bug and the only fix would be to deface the helmet  sad_o.gif , so now you can simply take off your helmet while in vehicles and it won't show that way.

I am still working on these, but I also have a lot of other projects, and I am still waiting for some stuff to be finished from some people who are helping me.

cool smile_o.gif

However, isn't there a cargo first person lod where you could just delete the head altogether to fix this problem? I think this is what all other units do...thus why you don't see everyones helmet

cool smile_o.gif

However, isn't there a  cargo first person lod where you could just delete the head altogether to fix this problem? I think this is what all other units do...thus why you don't see everyones helmet

No, unfortunatly as I had discovered while working on this, the first person view inside a vehicle does not use the soldiers first person LOD, yet the 0.5 LOD, which is the closest 3rd person one, if you don't believe me you can check using the E&S marines, for example, where you can clearly see the units watch in first person, but in a vehicle you can't. You can also tell on some other units. But anyways, I still might think of something to overcome this...

You could use an eventhandler (the 'getin' one) to detect when a unit gets into ANY vehicle, and then hide their helmet (and any other affected segment of the anatomy) using a script with the setobjecttexture command.

As long as you don't see your cargo mates and use 3rd person view....

Only a good workaround if the parts hidden don't spoil the overall ambiance/surroundings.

packs allready out buddy and no Aussies or New Zealands  wink_o.gif

goto OFP.info and search Vietnam. One of the top answers is it wink_o.gif

Ok thanks for letting me know.

Some of the troops could be used as RAR I suppose if you

overlooked some of the little details, or remodelled them

oneself (and supplied some with L1A1 SLRs). Nothing really

suitable for SASR or NZSAS though. I might well make some

Vietnam era Diggers myself. I quite fancy making

some "bodgied" SLRS   wink_o.gif

or some standard SAS but not much different in apperance to the SASR guys

I do not know what "standard SAS" is but SASR and NZSAS in

Vietnam mostly wore the US ERDL camouflage uniform

together with SAS belt kit and various rucksacks, heavy use

of camouflage face paint and an assortment of more or less

modified weapons (SLRs with drastically shortened fore ends,

SLRs with handguards removed and 40mm grenade launchers

added, sawn-off M14s, SLRs bodgied to fire full auto only, etc

etc). In all the photos I've ever seen of them they look

extremely "business-like" and very hardassed characters.

Any news on this great addon?

I really like the models but I think some of the included scripts are incompatible with ECP. I get a ctd with these units together with ECP.

Would be great to see an updated package which is ECP compatible.