Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

JJR Vietnam Pack Re-Release - New Thread

Needed a new thread with a proper tittle.

Ok, first order of business in this new thread is this new video, demonstrating the deployable M60 on tripod:

(Right Click, Save Target As)

Second, I am still debating (with myself) weather or not to use my Grenade Pack grenades for the units, so I figured I would hear your opninion (yes, your opinion matters!)...

Ok then, thats all for now...

i liked your other Vietnam soldiers the aircav ones, its annoying that people still use the Sebnampack2 ones for missions mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif accessability realy. looks good biggrin_o.gif

Depends how long it would take you to include your grenades. If you say it'll take another month, then don't do it and release the grenades as a seperate pbo i say.

smile_o.gif /me wants new nam grunts yumm yumm

Custom grenades won't work in multiplayer wihout custom res/bin/config.bin on clients and server ("throw" weapon tweaked)

Grenades, obviously you havn't seen my grenade pack:

Grenades...

The grenades are a seperate pack, and would take a matter of seconds to include into this pack, and the grenade pack even includes a script to fix the throw weapon bug in MP...

The only problem with adding these grenades would be that it would require another addon... And some people don't like that ( crazy_o.gif )...

Nice!

I want you to include your grenadepack. I believe there will be MP-problems with 2 packs.

OT. What is the music in the video? I want..

Well the deployable M60 on bipod have any use beyond looking pretty? tounge_o.gif

Thanks for updating the pack!

Nice!

I want you to include your grenadepack. I believe there will be MP-problems with 2 packs.

OT. What is the music in the video? I want..

It's called Inner Universe, by Origa, or something... its the opening song from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, lol thats why I chose it. If you wan't it, I can send it to you, PM me then...

Well the deployable M60 on bipod have any use beyond looking pretty? tounge_o.gif

Thanks for updating the pack!

Well, its not a bipod, its a TRIpod, looks like you didn't actualy watch the video... biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

will it have your flyoff helmets too ?

very much looking forward to this smile_o.gif

will it have your flyoff helmets too ?

very much looking forward to this smile_o.gif

Looks like Mr. Burns didn't watch the first movie wow_o.gif ok ill post a link here, it will answer your question:

Vietnam Troops

(Right Click, Save Target As)

Peace... wink_o.gif

thank you smile_o.gif

can´t dl the movie because one of ofp.infos ftp´s never works for me but it answered the question more than well  smile_o.gif

Ah, I saw something on BIS's flashnews site about how to fix the problem with OFP.info's FTPs....

Ah, here it is, this is what it says:

Some people have trouble downloading from Ofp.info, if you do then ensure that the "Use Passive FTP" option in IE is ticked/selected, if that still doesn't help then download and install a download manager such as getright/gozilla/flashget/etc.

Ah, I saw something on BIS's flashnews site about how to fix the problem with OFP.info's FTPs....

Ah, here it is, this is what it says:

Some people have trouble downloading from Ofp.info, if you do then ensure that the "Use Passive FTP" option in IE is ticked/selected, if that still doesn't help then download and install a download manager such as getright/gozilla/flashget/etc.

or use ftp#2 biggrin_o.gif

just watched both vid´s, awesome stuff!

built a mission with jjr´s troops yesterday, will it be compatible with the update ?

Absolutly biggrin_o.gif all of the classnames are the same... I also added more units too, so you will have a larger variety once these are out wink_o.gif .

"hint" nead hevyer LAW "hint"

BMP1 cant be killed whit 4 laws

These look really good, smile_o.gif

What % would you say they are?

Can't wait biggrin_o.gif

sim

Hmm. Well, of course it could be done, but that would require a major change to all the models, and might take a while... but thanks for bringing it up, I'll see what I can do...

Quote[/b] ]but that would require a major change to all the models, and might take a while...

Then I suggest that you make your initial release as planned and then redo what you have to smile_o.gif

I got some help from somebody and we are reworking the models, fixing the gear, adding new goodies, etc....