Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

Post your DxDll config!

Messed around with your DxDll? liked the result? want to share it? grab your chance here!

Post atleast three images of your DxDll config, preferably showing a green, desert, and winter area. more then three images are allowed, but they must be linked. The images do not have to be of combat-photography quality, as long as the colours / contrast / gamma / whatever are NOT edited.

chin2.jpg

Chinese units in urban camo (yeah, it works)

desert.jpg

The final journy begins.

winter.jpg

and this mountain just wont come to an end...

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>for more shots go here</span> (not all images are from me)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; DXDLL Configuration file

; for boolean values, 1 = true, 0 = false

[General]

; General settings

; useTrilinear: Use trilinear filtering instead of bilinear

; forceNoNightShader: Remove "black & white" effect from night, can also improve performance

; sharpenUI: Uses a higher detail mipmap texture for overlay elements, can make UI text easier to read

; EnhancedTracers: Enhances tracers to make them more visible

; debugOutput: Enables debug output (Using windows OutputDebugString function)

; handlePrintScreen: Grab printscreen keypress for screenshots

; LODbias0: sets normal texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; LODbias1: sets multitexture texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

showFPS=0

showStat=0

useTrilinear=1

forceNoNightShader=0

sharpenUI=1

EnhancedTracers=0

debugOutput=0

handlePrintScreen=1

LODbias0=0

LODbias1=0

[Postprocessing]

; Postprocessing settings

; Force32bitPostProcessing: Forces use of 32bit color for postprocessing color buffer.

; When using 16bit color, enabling this can improve visual quality without the peformance hit of full 32bit color.

; DisablePPForMap: Disable postprocessing when map visible (mission editor, map)

; UseSpecialNVGPP: Uses a special predefined set of postprocessing settings when nvgoggles are used

; HardLight: Enable "hard light" postprocessing

: HardLightSx: Hard Light strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Desaturate: Enable desaturation postprocessing

; DesaturateSx: Desaturation strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Glare: Enable light glare postprocessing

; GlareStrength: Glare strength

; GlareSize: Glare texture size divider, larger values mean larger glare but can cause aliasing

; GlareDarkenSky: Darkens sky by 15% to avoid it from becoming overbright with glare

; GlareUseFade: Uses a fade effect in glare buffer at night time

; GlareForce32bitBuffer: Same as Force32bitPostProcessing, but for glare buffer

UsePostProcessing=1

Force32bitPostProcessing=1

DisablePPForMap=1

UseSpecialNVGPP=1

HardLight=1

HardLightSR=1

HardLightSG=0.5

HardLightSB=1

Desaturate=1

DesaturateSR=0.2

DesaturateSG=0.2

DesaturateSB=0.2

Glare=1

GlareStrength=0.5

GlareSize=3

GlareDarkenSky=1

GlareUseFade=0

GlareForce32bitBuffer=0

[Reflections]

; Water reflection settings

; sizeX/Y: Reflection texture size. Larger size means a more sharp reflection, but can also decrease performance.

; Some video cards require texture sizes to be in powers of 2, (ie. 256x256, 512x512, 1024x256, etc)

; LODbias: sets reflection texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; UseExpFog: Use exponential fog effect for water.

; Uses more dense fog for water which looks better, though can appear too dense at lower viewdistances

; useLighting: Use lighting for reflections. If disabled, all reflected things appear dark, but it can improve performance

; maxCount: Maximum number of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited amount.

; maxDistance: Maximum distance of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited distance.

; maxHeigh: Maximum height from waterline of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited height.

; bumpStrength: Water bumpmap strength

; clipTolerance: Amount of clipping adjustment done for reflected faces.

; Too low number can cause "see through" bumpmap effect near waterline.

; texOffsetX/Y: Reflection map offset. If reflection appears at wrong position, try adjusting these

useReflections=1

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=1

sizeX=512

sizeY=512

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=1

useLighting=1

maxCount=600

maxDistance=801

maxHeight=40

bumpStrength=20

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

pictures taken on:

AMS AThlon XP 2100

1024 MB DDR Ram

Geforce FX 5900

The general idea of this config is to enhance the presence of blue and green, making skies more blue, and fields more green. It also enhances the glare and bumpmap strenth quite a bit! The skies that come with Y2K3 look real pretty when it's cloudy. and imo it's almost a magical glow that's coming from them.

To install the config simply overwrite the ENTIRE config.cfg file (opened with notepad) and save it. the next time you start up OFP it detects the new settings. Happy gaming! biggrin_o.gif

* Addons used in the pics: Y2K3 , VME , CLSA II , Winter Nogojev , FDFMod smile_o.gif

i actually never used the post-processing effects on dxdll (except for water reflections) because i thought that they looked too fake, but i have to admit that with your settings the game really does look better.

i tried taking screenshots, but for some reason my screen becomes brighter when i play ofp (i think its my graphics card, but i can't figure out how to adjust it), so whenever i take screenshots in-game they always look darker when i open them up with photoshop. does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

anyway, thanks for the config, and once i fix this problem i'll be sure to post some screenshots!

i tried taking screenshots, but for some reason my screen becomes brighter when i play ofp (i think its my graphics card, but i can't figure out how to adjust it), so whenever i take screenshots in-game they always look darker when i open them up with photoshop.  does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

In Photoshop just hit CTRL + Y and it will make it normal coloring wink_o.gif.

EnhancedTracers=0

this one i use it when not using mod such as Y2k3, kind of too much tracers for realistic, but looks good in game

In Photoshop just hit CTRL + Y and it will make it normal coloring wink_o.gif.

When i hit ctrl + y all it does is change the picture from rgb to rgb/cmyk. I use photoshop 6, so its not the latest one, so idk if that has anything to do with it. Also, i can get the image to look the way it does in-game by increasing the brightness and me.ssing with the contrast, but i'm never sure that it's exactly right.

You can either change your brightness and gamma settings in OFP to 1.0, then it will all look the same (dark that is tounge_o.gif ), or you capture your screens with a programm like Fraps. That way the screens look exactly as brigth as ingame.

Your settings made my units turn green gandalf! crazy_o.gif

I've kept the other settings you've used, just not the postpressing ones.

When i hit ctrl + y all it does is change the picture from rgb to rgb/cmyk.  I use photoshop 6, so its not the latest one, so idk if that has anything to do with it.  Also, i can get the image to look the way it does in-game by increasing the brightness and me.ssing with the contrast, but i'm never sure that it's exactly right.

Sorry, should have mentioned I use CS/8 wink_o.gif.

DXDLL discussions belong in the DXDLL thread, not in the general forum.