I have been trying to get this to work in my mission. Its an MP COOP, and I am having some problems with this.

In the mission, people will die. There are bodies, and I need each of the players to be able to move them, or get them in a vehicle. Basicly I need a way to allow or simulate transporting of bodies in a vehicle without them being ejected when others try to get in. That, and/or a way of transported the bodies on foot, like dragging them or carrying them.

Anyways, I tried a few methods, but those were all slopy and didn't work too well. So I want to hear your ideas/suggestions on how to do this. Maybe I can get some ideas myself by hearing yours. Ok so just make suggestions or ideas, ok? Ok... thank you.

Aww, come on, don't be afriad to share your ideas. But no really I need some help here, so if anyone has anything of use... please tell me.

The most extreme version would be liberal use of SetPos commands but i wonder whether it would look silly?

Sounds tough to do this with the current engine in fact.

BM

Turn the bodies into a sholderd object! tounge_o.gif

I.E. LAWs, RPGs, etc.

maybe have a dead body model and delete the dead guy and create the dead body wink_o.gif

Yea, you need to make a dead guy model addon. Then just make it non-moveable, and make the player spawn as one when dead in his current position. When transporting the player, just drive a jeep to him, and let him "get in ride in back". Isnt this the only way?

It would be fun to see a dead man driving though smile_o.gif

Topics of that kind appear and dissappear from time to time. And it's a shame noone so far succeded in making medevac script...

From what was achived/suggested you may want to look at one topic at OFPEC (unfortunatelly it died sad_o.gif - topic not OFPEC smile_o.gif ):

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=18687

One released attempt to create medevac is one of the demo missions for CSJ's UH-1 Bushrangers (I'm not sure who's author of those - CSJ or Alimag?):

http://www.ofpbase.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=610

Personaly I tried once to do something like the second solution but making strecher as vehicle (class Bike) but due to my lack of skills a coldn't get it to work.

I have mad a medivac script before in one of my nam missions, and it worked (but only worked with 1 radio op), but this is different. These are dead AI/Player bodies, that the other Players have to get back to the safe zone with them. There is a Humvee (M2 mounted) and a 5t truck (covered) available for this, and also an MH-60L if you can land it in the city (not such a good idea when RPGs are flying everywhere). Or, if these are destroyed (highly probable) you have to carry them out on foot (not so fun, or easy...), in that situation a stretcher would be nice, but of course there is the problem with placing dead bodies in vehicles, the only way to do that is to revive them. I could probably make a stretcher addon, but with help from a modeler/texturer. But then of course there is the problem of loading them in the vehicles. Well still looking for ideas then, and Im glad that I finaly got some responses...

I will look for the mission I have somewhere I d/l'd once. Someone made a really good effort into being able to carry a wounded or dead soldier like on a stretcher. Problem was that for the meantime, the dead patient was just floating in mid air between the two medics since no stretcher has been made yet. It is a cool idea, we just need the ability to create a collapsable stretcher. Anyways, email me at txemtp2004@yahoo.com to keep in touch and so I can email you back the mission.

I bet I could make a really good stretcher addon if I had someone to help me with the models and textures.... *hint hint*

Hi guys, have a look at this :

My stretcher

I picked up the stretcher model in BB WWII military object pack, and turned it into a vehicle. A script first immobilizes wounded soldiers, (they scream every 15 sec "medic" or "i'm hit"), and then a script makes the stretcher picks woundeds.

Thats cool, yea, I am going to make a stretcher then. Ok, all I need is a model (textured) and someone who knoes something about anims in vehicles (bicycles) and I can do the rest smile_o.gif , I even know exactly how I am going to do it and what stretcher I am going to use... biggrin_o.gif