Sign in to follow this  
DBR_ONIX

Trigger external program from within OFP..?http://

yes, this is a great addition to ofp. makes things like VBS1's AAR possible for ofp, too wink_o.gif

I'd like to make it possible to write scripts to add more functions in perl, python or some similar programming language.

Chad over at OFPEC has already beaten you to it (or is working on it at least). He mentioned his project on this thread here. I would suggest you get in touch with him, since there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....start=0

Hehe that Fwatch map is great, convert OFP into a old pre-DOS age game with nice music too. smile_o.gif Nice work.

Hmm.... I can't get fwatch to work! I've extracted its contents to the OFP directory, and I run fwatch.exe. It runs flashpoint, but then it says that fwatch isn't running!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? sad_o.gif Looks like it has tons of potential... too bad I can't use it.

Anyone who has problems, put this fwatch.dll version into your OFP directory and run fwatch, then go to the mission editor and place the fwatch game logic into the mission, and put:

hint format["%1", call loadFile ":info version"]

into some unit's init line, preview the mission and quit OFP. It will write a log file named fwatch_debug.log, put it online somewhere if you can or email it to me, it should hopefully tell what's going wrong with it...

Dang, this is awesome Kegetys, the race mission was great with a very 'GTA 1-2' like feel to it!

I noticed at the start it shows who was the last people to play it, but then when I finished it only said my time and 4 other "nobody : 60:00.00", so are the high scores supposed to be uploaded or not?

so are the high scores supposed to be uploaded or not?

No, it would propably take about 10 minutes for someone to send 0,1second results for the highscore after a mission with such feature would be released ;)

HAHA!!! Thank you Kegetys!! KIITOS PALJON! I had fun playing your fwatch game biggrin_o.gif

Hmm.... I can't get fwatch to work! I've extracted its contents to the OFP directory, and I run fwatch.exe. It runs flashpoint, but then it says that fwatch isn't running!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? sad_o.gif Looks like it has tons of potential... too bad I can't use it.

I had the same prob, I think it was because FWATCHâ„¢ used FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE instead of FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE, so I renamed FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE to FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE and it worked! biggrin_o.gif

lol@last 10 players tounge_o.gif

Excellent stuff Keg! Was a laugh playing that smile_o.gif

RED

Thank you sooooooooo much for the input setmouse command, Kegetys!!! You'll be always welcome in my house to degust our moravian wine biggrin_o.gif

*EDIT: Oops, looks like this command obviously doesn't work. I mean from the input getmouse command I get coordinates for example 564 228. Then I use call loadfile ":input setmouse 500 300". The cursor stands on the same position and when I use input getmouse now it returns 500 300 even if it was 564 228 before sad_o.gif

This is great stuff biggrin_o.gif , hm maybe someone could make a 'true' RTS mod, as in being able to scroll around from birds eye veiw, select things and command them to move and stuff wink_o.gif

plus the test mission was a laugh tounge_o.gif still cant complete it though! keep dieing. Also when you die is the standerd death screen ment to come up? because it just gets fixed at the start location and points in the direction of the car but dosent follow it when its replaying.

Yees, using a camera, and ever-time the WASD button is pressed, the camera is moved x-degres North, and so on..

I was going to do something like that a while ago, with a invisible vehcile, with a third person view, set high up, then you could drive the thing about with normal keys. Never started it, and I probobaly wont (Got way to many other projects to do tounge_o.gif)

Lots of things are opened up with the FWATCH thing, and thanks for crediting me tounge_o.gif

Good work Kegetys/Vektorboson smile_o.gif

- Ben

Hmm, just had an idea, an RPG type server, where the server saves a file for each player, with levels, and items carried? smile_o.gif

Then you could save important stuff (Maybe time, where people were, and certain objects are). restart the mission, and load the important objects, and give certain players (if the file exists) their stuff, if not, make a new file for that player

Sure this is a good idea !

But, its more and more horrible to plan a Mission, when the Player get his own Status to a new Mission ;-)

Because you normal plan a mission without silenced weapons ...and now somone comes withit ...

MCPXXL

well could just put a trigger 'removeallweapons player' or removeweapon "silcencer". so wont be much of a proplem

Sure you then remove all weapons that players worked so hard for ? ..or remove all weapons can be cheat the next mission ? a hard job :-)

But Sorry thats not to be discussed in this threat .... I am on the wrong way with my comment ...

One of the greatest things i hope, is to use it for MEGA Ingame Cutscences like helos fighting deep in town or just flying very hard manoevers that KI never will do :-)

Sure you then remove all weapons that players worked so hard for ? ..or remove all weapons can be cheat the next mission ? a hard job :-)

But Sorry thats not to be discussed in this threat .... I am on the wrong way with my comment ...

One of the greatest things i hope, is to use it for MEGA Ingame Cutscences like helos fighting deep in town or just flying very hard manoevers that KI never will do :-)

I've thought of a similar use... to cut out the AI during helo insertions. Just have the player fly it once.. while making the mission, have the program output the helo position, direction, and velocity, then save it to a file. Then have a fast setpos loop using the saved data to move the chopper....

Well, it makes sense to me anyway.

wow!!! i tested this great haxer tool and was amazed biggrin_o.gif

great mission too tounge_o.gif loved the old school music too biggrin_o.gif

I wonder if i make a coop mission, can i make a similar thing like you had in your mission? The Replay feature would be very cool to have smile_o.gif

How does all of this work anyways?

So with Fwatch could you use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _mouse = call loadfile ":input getmouse"

To make the light featured in this thread

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....7;st=15

actually face the direction the gun is pointing (rather than just straight out horizontally from the body?)

Or for another example use the array returned by 'input getmouse' to make a large piece of artillery point in the same direction you point your own gun, like a remote control smile_o.gif

well yes but how u want to set the pitch?

ah, thought that the pitch would automatcially change. As i understand it the light source in that addon is actually attached to the hand rather than the weapon. Does the light come from a texture or something? If so would the pitch be automatically worked out by the 'pivot' of the mouse position relative to the light texture?

I have a feature request smile_o.gif Ther're still lots of scripts commands that I hope will be realized with Fwatch

1. Is it possible to add command that returns position of unit ( stand, prone, at kheels ?) or may be anim that is currently played ?

2. What about format outlet ? For ex. like in good old FORTRAN smile_o.gif space, new line,new page etc. Or (much better) some inbuilt feature to make tables of data ( may be Ole with Excel ?)

I've got a question... is it somehow possible to output a specific string... and nothing but to a file?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">~.04

That's what I need in the file... after each line of code. I'm outputting a unit location.... on a .04 second loop, then taking the positions and running them to have an AI helo fly the exact path I did. Problem is I have 400+ lines of positions but no delays in between.