Sign in to follow this  
StealthTiger

Sigma-6's 1965 GMC fleetside pickup truck

I could release it if I got the permission from Lt Damage but is he even in the OFP community anymore? rock.gif I havent seen him for a long time.

I also need permission from LoBo mod because its their textures. I basically just removed the egyptian markings from it. wink_o.gif

I love the truck, nice and dirty like it has had its life! A vehicle for work shouldnt be nice and tidy that the showcar, not the workcar! I cannot wait till I get meh pc back!

I dont want to be nagging, but how about a nice black SUV like the things they use in Iraq right now, for like private security operators? I dont exactly know which brand or type they are using but its mostly the same vehicle...?

There really isnt anything like that in the game right now... sad_o.gif

You guys could make like a 4x4 truck pack with pickups, older jeep like trucks, and maybee more modern suv's. and then some opfor vehicles like a technical or a old pickup with 3 of Panda's 500lb IED's in the back!  wow_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

The untextured F-250/F-350 posted before would be good for Iraqi-like missions, I remember seeing special/security forces using a few as well as some new Silverados so it would fit right in. I might've been able to provide some textures, but a black F-250 crewcab with an extended bed might not work with that model.

Anyway, I just hope to see more from Sigma, it is always great to see more work by him. It doesn't matter how long it takes so long as it is done well. That is another thing I liked about this release, no one saw it coming smile_o.gif

bucketman -

if you get permission to release your version, could you get rid of the addondependencies as well? that would be great, because any unit can be placed in the car by editor/scripting, it doesnt have to depend on other addons smile_o.gif

Seeing that truck inspired me to make my first car addon. Mercedes Benz SLK 230 tounge_o.gif , Though finding textures for it is turning out to be very problematic sad_o.gif

Seeing that truck inspired me to make my first car addon. Mercedes Benz SLK 230 tounge_o.gif , Though finding textures for it is turning out to be very problematic sad_o.gif

draw them.

Putting pics onto a model is easy.

Hi, i think that old rusty pickups and cars fit better into all the islands/ addon islands, than brand new pickups & SUV's for yuppies and "things" like that. Some Ford F-100 or F-150 64' or 68' will be great; and... as "new cars..." why not some Chevy El Camino 74' or 76'; or a Ford Ranchero 74' or 75'. Those bricks are some of the fanzyest wheels on Earth; and they'll fit in game, usefull as rebels transport, civils transport, militias transport... variety on the number and type will help to recreate a better "rebels about to die" atmosphere. U don't go to a cars dealership and u say "hi, i wanna buy all your Chevy El Camino"; the rebel militias don't use to use standards in they'r vehicles; they use to use 'em in the BDU's & weapons. Let's cu

Quote[/b] ]

Seeing that truck inspired me to make my first car addon. Mercedes Benz SLK 230  , Though finding textures for it is turning out to be very problematic  

draw them.

Putting pics onto a model is easy.

Eh.. so you say tounge_o.gif

Ive started to texture it. Net images and some custom ones. Its back breaking work  crazy_o.gif

oh and O2 doesnt help any. When I make large models my bulldozer tends to show holes where there are not ones. I redo a part 50 times only to figure out it was just bulldozer playing tricks on me sad_o.gif

Hey Sigma awesome work! Firstly, are you planning to do other colours for this truck or destroyed or damaged verisons in your upcoming pack. It would be cool to add them as debris in urban ops.

Secondly, on one of the pics posted at ofp.info

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/SIGMATRUCKscreen3.jpg

Is the soldier behind the truck the new CADPAT soldiers by ONS? Are they going to released soon? They look great and I've been waiting for updated Canadian Units for OFP.

Sorry, I'm going off topic but keep it up! rock.gif

OK I use the 1.1 version with no addon dependensies now. I got okay from LoBo but Lt Damage is still MIA. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]oh and O2 doesnt help any. When I make large models my bulldozer tends to show holes where there are not ones. I redo a part 50 times only to figure out it was just bulldozer playing tricks on me  

O2 is probably the (I kid you not) easiest, most intuitive, and streamlined low-poly modelling tool on the planet. If you think O2 is quirky, you should try Maya or MAX. . .

What you're seeing there is normal for game rendering, you're modelling with quads (one face for four vertices), and if a quad is bent, then at certain angles it will disappear (because the engine can't render a curved surface. OFP is good to let you use quads instead of only tris, but you have to be careful only to use quads on perfectly flat surfaces, every other face should have only three points.

As for the Northstar stuff, yeah, that's a Canadian Rifleman in the background, and he's standing beside an LSVW. They will be released; the new Iltis with the topless and armed recce versions, the LS, the new MLVW and a bunch of other stuff. I don't know when though. We are (As Blink Dog and Powerslide will attest) always looking for *dedicated*, skilled, self-starting staff (configgers, scripters, animators, mission designers) and obviously the stuff will come out sooner if we have more people working. . .

Sorry to veer offtopic but i got all the canadian stuff from your mod and it hangs up my OFP at launch any ideas why? Is there a faulty addon in there ?

Quote[/b] ]oh and O2 doesnt help any. When I make large models my bulldozer tends to show holes where there are not ones. I redo a part 50 times only to figure out it was just bulldozer playing tricks on me

O2 is probably the (I kid you not) easiest, most intuitive, and streamlined low-poly modelling tool on the planet. If you think O2 is quirky, you should try Maya or MAX. . .

I hate to go offtopic but I despise o2, nothing ever worked properly for me. If you want easy and intuitive, try Lightwave 8.0

O2's difficulty is all in the setup. (It demands a root, so 'subst' is pretty useful there, of course, throw DOS commands at some people and they have a conniption fit)That's, of course, because it's a proprietary dev tool and not a commercial product like lightwave. I maintain in any case that there's no comparison when you're trying to develop specifically these type of low-poly models.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to veer offtopic but i got all the canadian stuff from your mod and it hangs up my OFP at launch any ideas why? Is there a faulty addon in there ?

Sorry, never seen that before. . . smile_o.gif

Alright, to get back ON topic. Great truck! Perfect textures, but, just one little tincy problem which i found. The headlights were kinda weird (they glowed green, and only worked at night). there are no breaklights either, (ie. No stopping lights when braking) only the signal lights at night. But, apart from that, sweeeeet as job Sigma-6! unclesam.gif

and only worked at night).

all lights in the game only work at night anyway .. rock.gif

lovely truck  wow_o.gif

no if you press L you can turn the lights on during the day, but naturaly it wont light anythig up.. but you will see the bulbs on... what he's saying is that you can turn the lights on during the day and not see the bulbs on.

Not sure if somene metioned it, but it would be cool to see a redneck version with budweiser beer cans in the back and a gun rack on the rear of the cab.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LOL Miles...would you like some real pics for textures ? lol

I could find several redneck trucks in my area

no if you press L you can turn the lights on during the day, but naturaly it wont light anythig up.. but you will see the bulbs on... what he's saying is that you can turn the lights on during the day and not see the bulbs on.

thats exactly what i ment wink_o.gif