Sign in to follow this  
Acacyn

StarWars Addons by Acacyn

What is GUI? And there will probably be a installer like in the sky packs etc. so just the needed files will be there if im going to add those special things. smile_o.gif

Graphic User Interface

Y2K3GUIprev.jpg

like this.

was that what you were talking about when u said "HUD"?

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!

you want to change the aiming cursor?

well shit man u can do that in the config or are you planing to go with the whole visor/helmet stuff too? becuz thats a lil bit harder to do

I like lasers that shoot straight. I could be wrong but I don't believe lasers should be affected by gravity like a normal OFP bullet. I would think you should be able to pop heads at what ever range the weapons optics allow.

The bullets don't "drop" in the traditional manner in the real star wars universe.

They do however "deteriorate" after flying a specific ways through the air or space. the laser-shot becomes weaker and weaker, until it simply dissolves. That's why it is useful to have a long barrel on sniper rifles, because they can fire a more long-lasting shot that can go farther before it wears out.

I can't remember where I read this, (it was a long time ago) so I don't remember the specific terms for it, but that's how it works.

I don't know if this can be successfully simulated in the OFP engine, so I would just suggest having them drop after a certain distance.

Looking forward to these clones, but even more to some classic stormtroopers, (I'm kind of a traditional guy) thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: Oh, and that GUI looks killer! Best Idea i've seen in a long time.

i forgot to mention.. this is actualy to cell7 but i assume he's part of ur team and will read this.

the Millenium Falcon addon has the falcon and the the "civilian" version of it. my complaint.. actualy an innacuracy... is that the Millenium Falcon is a modified Corelean YT-1300 with hundreds of illegal modifications including:

-Laser Cannons

-Proton Missel Launcher

-Smugglers Cargo hideaways

among other things... but anyway the laser cannons should be removed from the model for the "civi" version of it. cuz the MF was one-of-a-kind pistols.gif

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!

you want to change the aiming cursor?

well shit man u can do that in the config or are you planing to go with the whole visor/helmet stuff too? becuz thats a lil bit harder to do

You can do it by defining this part in the cfgweapons.

At first , make sure you have done a cursor 256x256 Alpha.

Then look for

Quote[/b] ]class CfgWeapons

{

access=1;

class Default

{

access=3;

scopeWeapon=0;

scopeMagazine=0;

valueWeapon=2;

valueMagazine=2;

picture="";

uiPicture="ivojak";

ammo="";

<span style='color:red'>cursor="\ffur_gui\w_weapon.paa";

cursorAim="\ffur_gui\w_weapon.paa";</span>

... then just change the folder directory replacing this one I showed you by yours.

Regards

TB84

Hey, thank you very much thunderbird84!!!!! notworthy.gif

@KaRRiLLioN: The speeder has just a "Horn" weapon, but no laser?huh.gif! huh.gifwink_o.gif

Hey Acacyn, i'm working on an new gui and the helmet interface aswell biggrin_o.gif we might better get into some communication so we don't work on the same stuff twice wink_o.gif I'll contact you..

Looks really cool smile_o.gif Especially the blue flash of the Clone-Soldier weapon biggrin_o.gif

woohoo! Impressive! It remembers me the Order 66 being executed by Commander Bacara and his Space Marines against Kiadi Amudi.

pistols.gifpistols.gif

Aca - did you download my version of it? Sebastian's original has no weapons and it also can't go over water.

Yes i have downloaded yours. It also cant hover over water. It drives IN water, but take no dammage. (i can show you pics, its true)

And every speederbike (West/East) has just the "Horn" as weapon. Nothing else. I have no idea whether just i have this problem or not. wink_o.gif

-----------------------------

Okydoky, two news:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I.)</span> Im going to make a own Star Wars Mod, but for ArmA, not OFP. Guess what?huh.gif? Of course it will be the....

<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Clone Wars - The Renegades</span></span></span> Mod

But of course i will still be an affiliate of the Galaxy At War Mod. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

II.) yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif I will also make a further MOD for ArmA. It will be called the....

<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Metal Gear - Foxhound</span></span></span> Mod

Im not just a big STARWARS fan, no, i love the METAL GEAR series (Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4) even more than Star Wars. So i will make a mod which deals with the legendary special operations unit called "FOXHOUND" which was created by BIG BOSSin the early ninetees.

More informations soon. But of course i will release several single addons for OFP (Clone Wars and Metal Gear stuff)

So ur carrying on your good work here, and for ArmA, and an third project.... ever heard of slowing down? confused_o.gif

Slowing down? No, no. If i begin something, then i finish it smile_o.gif Its my biggest hobby to create things. And since a long time i like creating addons and now i try to create 2 MOD`s for ArmA.

Be sure that you will see results of this work. wink_o.gif

Im not just a big STARWARS fan, no, i love the METAL GEAR series (Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4) even more than Star Wars. So i will make a mod which deals with the legendary special operations unit called "FOXHOUND" which was created by BIG BOSSin the early ninetees.

If you obses over Star Wars then you gotta be obsesed with Metal Gear. like me ohh the metal gear, but im not gonna get a PS3 till a bit after it comes out so i wont play MGS4 for a wile snake looks really old. but enough about MG it's good that you will release some Mg addons for ofp too but i jus gotta ask, seems like a dumb question but whats ArmaA

oh and yeah big boss made FoxHound in honor of the group Fox which he was in during the cold war when he lost his eye (getting shot in the eye has gotta suck)

ArmA: Armed Assault -> a OFP sequel which will be released this or the next year.

MGS4: Yes, somehow i dont like to see a old sick Snake. Its depressed to see him so. But anyway. THe hero will have another cool adventure.

The soliders look very cool in MGS4.!!!! Im looking forward to play it.

yeah but the bots tehy have are a cross between the head of Rex and the legs of Ray, doesn't look very realistic but i think he's constantly coughing and dieing due to the well known Fox Die like liquid snake supposidly dieing from fox die, and the DARPA chief and the Arms Tech President and the other people that were infected ( snake is infected) so it's probably due to fox die the other thing that is kinda wierd is that Otacon follows you around with a little robot and that snake doesn't know what a micro processor is but now we're getting off topic, this is an OFP forum

Oy, it's gona be tough cookie to take out a Metal Gear with OFP's defualt Stingers... crazy_o.gif

Really looking to playing all your coming addons... wink_o.gif

It depends on the release of ArmA. I begin the two Mods for OFP. Later it will hopefully be easy to convert both Mods to ArmA Mods.

The official website of the two mods will be online soon. There you get more informations about <span style='color:red'>Clone Wars - The Renegades</span> and <span style='color:red'>METAL GEAR - FOXHOUND</span> smile_o.gifwink_o.gif