Sign in to follow this  
vosku

S/S Mammona

S/S Mammona is roughly based on blueprints of RMS Titanic.

It has a simple sinking animation, and crew is included. The ship has seven decks including engine room.

Known bugs are falling through deck in bow and stern, lights and passengers floating while the ship is sinking and the crew on the bridge can't be shot.

SSMammona3.jpg

ColdNight.jpg

You can download beta from here

very nice smile_o.gif i liked it. its alot of fun.

very nice scripting in a lifeboat on deck so u can get in while its sinking.

with a lil bit of skill u can save the AI too tounge_o.gif i saved #3. #2 drowned and i was in the lifeboat trying to talk 3 into it.

i really really like it.

First addon in a while that made me laught biggrin_o.gif

Gotta try, looks cool from screenshots smile_o.gif

- Ben

Actually the ship makes an half circle, so it goes upside down when sank. This is because in OFP the ships sink only to a certain depth, irrespective of the depth at sinking position.

In an earlier version Mammona tilted only 90 degrees, and then the aft remained above the water level.

So yes, it fits under water almost everywhere.

Man, I already thought you were dead Vosku!

Seems pretty interesting, I think I'll use 'em with the CWMOD civvies, they're the best we have for that theme I guess.

Titanic mission, anyone? Of course not with thousands of people, maybe 'round 20-30 tounge_o.gif

i dont get it to tilt...grrr. what shall i do? all it does is just sink "normal"

haha you suck! tounge_o.gif

naw im just kiddin.

set a trigger.. setdammage 5 and have the ships course run thru that trigger.

me personaly i put that trigger on that little island on the west side of the desert island... and made th weather foggy.. and then ran the ship into that island.. kinda like the whole iceberg thing and that worked great. the dammage of the ship went down to red. fuel was removed i got out on deck. ordered 2 and 3 to eject. we waited on deck til the life boat appered. then i got on the life boat. 2 and 3 refused, the lifeboat and its ofp physics bounced arouned.. landed on 2 killing him.. finnaly i got in the water.. floated up to the ship.. and once hte ship sank enough 3 was able to get in and we floated away

Also, it sinks if you put in the trigger "shipname setVelocity [0,0,0] when it has moved into the trigger.

But I can't get to the lifeboats automatically like the AI does when they sit in the lounge, I just start going up because the ship starts sinking.

And sometimes when I eject, I appear to be under the ship and fall down to my death. Though usually it doesn't happen when the ship is completely stopped, this means when fuel is set to zero and the "radio message" has appeared.

Kinda funny to use with PC's swimming script, walk into the back end of the ship (watch out, it's slippery! Died once because the ship had almost a 90 degree angle and I fell) and JUMP!

If you're lucky, you'll jump into a lifeboat. If you aren't, well, you gotta swim to the iceberg and wait for help then.

Oh yes, CWMOD's civvies and some farmer guys to work in the engine room.

To people recreating Titanic: don't make the ship move, just put it near the iceberg and a trigger that sets the ship's damage high enough. This allows you to put people in the deck => more realism and atmosphere.

And don't forget those flares!

haha you suck! tounge_o.gif

naw im just kiddin.

set a trigger.. setdammage 5 and have the ships course run thru that trigger.

me personaly i put that trigger on that little island on the west side of the desert island... and made th weather foggy.. and then ran the ship into that island.. kinda like the whole iceberg thing and that worked great. the dammage of the ship went down to red. fuel was removed i got out on deck. ordered 2 and 3 to eject. we waited on deck til the life boat appered. then i got on the life boat. 2 and 3 refused, the lifeboat and its ofp physics bounced arouned.. landed on 2 killing him.. finnaly i got in the water.. floated up to the ship.. and once hte ship sank enough 3 was able to get in and we floated away

still cant get it to tilt..grr

Did you set damage to 1? Then it sinks "normally". When damage is between 0.8 and 1 it will tilt. If you for example type "this setdammage 0.9" in to ship's init field, it should work.

Titanic mission, anyone? Of course not with thousands of people, maybe 'round 20-30 tounge_o.gif

That'd be an awesome MP mission.  Just see who can make it to the lifeboats  biggrin_o.gif

Did you set damage to 1? Then it sinks "normally". When damage is between 0.8 and 1 it will tilt. If you for example type "this setdammage 0.9" in to ship's init field, it should work.

at 0.9 they say mayday mayday etc.. but it dont sink tounge_o.gif

Just wait for a while... wink_o.gif

It seemed like there was a level that was almost completely underwater(with no damage). I don't think the main stairs went down to it, I think there was a small set of stairs from some sort of engine room type thing. I'll try to post a screenshot since I obviously suck at explaining things. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Dynamite_cow @ April 30 2005,17:44)

Titanic mission, anyone? Of course not with thousands of people, maybe 'round 20-30

That'd be an awesome MP mission. Just see who can make it to the lifeboats

Yeah, team deathmatch, men against women. See who has the determination to make life go on. ROFLMAO

I didnt make it out. sad_o.gif . To busy taking pictures. tounge_o.gif

screenshot7ce.jpg

Great addon, will this mod feature the much needed Leonardo Dicaprio skin?

wink_o.gif

Great addon

But you got to remember those people that lost there lifes in the real titanic, Also if someone made a misson with a plane crashing into a skyscraper for OFP would it be so welcome?

Actually, I'd like it. Be some kind of an anti-terrorist guy and somehow stop that. Or maybe a copper/firefighter who must evacuate the building.

If we start speculating, is it really cool to have, say, a WWII mod? Millions of people lost lives in those times, too much of them in conservation camps.

War is terrible, but OFP, even though it's a wargame, isn't.

How high is the engine room by the way? I'd like to put myself in there to see if I can make it out. (Though I DID make it from the deck into there and back before the ship sank)