Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

Pistol Animation pack 1.1

Pablo, what's the date on the manual you've presented?

it's dated 25 June 2003; i wasn't sure if that was the date of its public release or of its release to military personel (if there was a difference), so i looked through the references page and found various documents dated in the 1990s, the latest being in 1997.

Hello,

I'm sorry but i have done what is explain in the ReadMe (Copy in the Res\Addons folder) but nothing happend sad_o.gif i've reinstall all the game without any MOD or other and try again :Nothing again sad_o.gif Someone have an idea ?

Thx in adavance, Exa

Sorry to keep pestering you Sanctuary...I know you are probably jittery from all the coffee and late nights but is there a chance we might see a one handed stance for the pistol or not?

I know it's not as realistic but it is a lot different and fresher than the two handed stance. Also I am not expecting it out tomorrow because I heard about the horror of interpolating all those anims...so just a quick yes, no would suffice.

Thanks for all your anims...I am big fan.

smile_o.gif

it's dated 25 June 2003; i wasn't sure if that was the date of its public release or of its release to military personel (if there was a difference), so i looked through the references page and found various documents dated in the 1990s, the latest being in 1997.

this is some pistol training they do in blackwater

its a bit off topic but its pretty awesome and i saw the standing pistol pic you showed

the y still seem to use it

its around 30mb but its worth it

http://www.edgefiles.com/file.x?id=/atwar.net/www/Misc/Training.wmv

Sorry to keep pestering you Sanctuary...I know you are probably jittery from all the coffee and late nights but is there a chance we might see a one handed stance for the pistol or not?

I know it's not as realistic but it is a lot different and fresher than the two handed stance. Also I am not expecting it out tomorrow because I heard about the horror of interpolating all those anims...so just a quick yes, no would suffice.

Thanks for all your anims...I am big fan.

smile_o.gif

More patience is required, i have began to make an animation similar to the photo you posted some days ago , the static position is finished but not the interpolation with the crouch animations.

Some other projects i am involved coupled with a lack of time until next month are slowing down the process. But it will be available when ready in the sharing animation thread.

Just more patience and you will have it.

absolutely sanctuary... I wasn't meaning that I'd want it this week. I just wanted to know if you were working on it. So thanks a lot! I am happy now.

this is some pistol training they do in blackwater

its a bit off topic but its pretty awesome and i saw the standing pistol pic you showed

the y still seem to use it

its around 30mb but its worth it

http://www.edgefiles.com/file.x?id=/atwar.net/www/Misc/Training.wmv

exactly; i think there should be a set of animations that reflect what the military is teaching its soldiers.

but sanctuarys animations are pretty close anyways and plus his animations for all we know might be an advanced way of shooting, the standing position seems alright and the arms positioning are excellent. the animations look like the seals in "tears of the sun" and they did have an ex navy seal military advisor.

Hello again,

As nobody have respond to my post i'll try again : Please Help me !!! :

I have done what is explain in the Pistol Anim Pack V1.1 ReadMe (Copy in the Res\Addons folder) but nothing happend i've reinstall all the game without any MOD or other and try again : Nothing again

Someone have an idea rock.gif

Thx in adavance, Exa

silly question but I thought I better cover all aspects...

do you have the resistance addon?

If so then do you have a previous version of dreamyknights anims somewhere?

I cant really think of anything else... blues.gif

That is strange indeed , if you have installed the sancpistol.pbo in

...\Res\Addons\ (so you have ....\Res\Addons\sancpistol.pbo)

or in

...\NameofaMod\Addons\ (so you have ....\NameofaMod\Addons\sancpistol.pbo)

And if in that mod case you are launching OFP with this mod activated

There is no reason it does not work.

Unless you have only OFP 1.46 , as handgun support has been introduced with Resistance in the 1.75 time and if you don't have Resistance you can't use this addon.

Or unless a mod you are using has its own pistol animation classes defined in its config, like the current version of Locke Anims that is not compatible with this pistol animaiton pack (next versions of the Locke mod should have compatibility with my pistol animations).

Very nice pack.. Love it long time.. biggrin_o.gif

But does anyone seem to have the original anim file cause i accidentally overwritten mine.. Any help appreciated.. Thanks.