Sign in to follow this  
DevNaxl

NVA-Mod (Nationale Volksarmee)

Hello,

In March I and some other guys started to make a Mod of the NVA (no, not North-Vietnamese-Army ;) ), the army of East-Germany.

At the moment 6 people are working at it but unfortunately no one of us can make a brand new Addon, so we took other released Addons and give them a new texture. We already released a very small island which you can download here.

So, if you can make Addons and want to join our Mod just take a look onNVA-Mod.com

a good start is to make the site in english and atleast the readmes (island readme is only german) bekus 90% of all OFP users understand english and maybe 30% understand german?

Ok, the site and the next release of our island will be in english too.

smile_o.gif

sounds good

DDR = Doitch Demokratik Republic?

speling is way bad i know

Deutsche Demokratische Republik

EDIT: There was someone faster smile_o.gif

there are a few addons out there already that you might be able to use, if you ask the authors. RHS released a NVA t-55, Vit made an NVA MiG-29 and i think there may be a few others as well.

You should ask CSLA to use their excellent rain drop camo textures, and maybe find a soldier model w/ jack boots, perhaps ORCS soviets, Psyyke's afgan soviets or the Vilas pack guys would work.

Everything is already done smile_o.gif

We asked RHS, Vit, SeaDemon and someone from the CSLA-Mod for permission to use their Addons.

But we still need an Addonmaker who can make us East-German vehicles like W50,

Lo or P3.

We used this soldiers and modified their helmets, but they aren't perfect at moment.

Yes we also want to bring this Trabant P601 in our Mod.

MfG Dev

Interested in taking this over? I just made it, haven't converted the pbo name yet or redone the inside, also I noticed the bumper is wrong but since I'm leaving for Italy (for a week) in about 3,5 hours, I thought, let's donate it! wink_o.gif

DDRtrabbi.jpg

//EDIT: Since I'll probably be gone before you read this, I've given the unfinished addon to SmartDrv[Kyllikki] , so PM him on these forums if you want it.

wow.....thats a great "Pappe" wow_o.gif

i hope we can use it ... please biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hornet:

DDR = Doitch Demokratik Republic?

in english: GDR = German Democratic Republic biggrin_o.gif

i hope i can make the Page in english ... will see smile_o.gif

Good to see this mod started up, hope to see some good addons eventually. Best of luck to you smile_o.gif

This looks great.  smile_o.gif

It's nice to see more countries represented.

EDIT: But yes, an english version of your site would help more people get interested in your mod. I know I dont have a clue whats going on there.

Ok, we are translating our page into english, so everybody can understand it. smile_o.gif

UPDATE: Thanks, FW200 for the Trabi. We will use it in our Mod and we will name you in our credits. smile_o.gif

Nice Trabant.

I like this project, wished for a GDR mod since a while cause thats where i was born tounge_o.gif

RHS will support the NVA-Mod widely, i think we have a lot they can also use, now they just need decent troops and the usual big prob missions... missions thats always the biggest prob.

thanks Odin ... now are official ;)

olle Schlampe  tounge_o.gif

Today we want to report what we are doing now.

Fortunately the most weapons and vehicles of the NVA were from the soviet production so we only had to change the Addons from our partners from RHS and CSLA Team.

So to see at the L410

nva_l410_003.jpg

nva_l410_014.jpg

A very good Addon, we are allowed to use.

Thanks to MAA from CSLA!

We are also still working on our island. Soon we will release version 0.2 BETA with GDR specific buildings, for example a “Minol†fuel-station.

ddr_minol_004.jpg

ddr_minol_006.jpg

Not yet finished but hopefully ready soon. The bus-stop.

ddr_bhs_001.jpg

More buildings will come soon…

We are also thinking about a campaign. Who has got ideas, is welcome to tell it us in our special thread in the NVA-Mod forums.

The English part of our site are also still in progress.

Now you are up to date.

Your NVA-Mod Team

Impressive work on that L410, textures look really nice. Good job on the buildings so far, haha I like the gas station a lot.