Sign in to follow this  
twisted

graphics that improve gameplay.

after playing ofp for a few months i can say the graphics really grow on you. especially with the new addons.

however, there are aspects that if implemented in ofp2 will enhace gameplay a lot.

1st - better integrated environments (grass/ bushes/ trees/ etc) that look less 'pasted' on and more part of a landscape. this would make using concealment much more viable. it would also eleminate the 'flat' look that open terrain in ofp suffers from and hence make judging distance more intuitive.

2nd - consistent light and shade. once again providing concealment opportunities (mainly by you sticking to the dark where all things blur together). this applies to shadows cast by obejcts as well - so hiding in the shadow generated by a flaming tank is a possibility. also riding your 3 tanks in the shadow of a hill has less chance of discovery than riding in full daylight.

3rd - blinding sun effects for the smarter flyboys to use to their advantage.

4th - Ability to kill lights and have darkness replace the light. it works in current ofp for fires (at least it does in fdf mod) but would be great for urban combat arenas. shoot out the street lights and NV becomes a must.

5th - of course the trick is getting the AI as affected by the above as the player is....

6th - haze generated by heat for that hot and bothered on the battlefield confusion and feel.

7th - ancillary details. like flies. birds that take off when disturbed or just at random. wild animals. domestic animals like dogs and cows. these added details make the difference in well thought out missions.

I think you can shoot out atleast some street lights in OFP now.

U forgot:

"and BIS do something with the <get in/out a car> anims, they`re horrible!"

hyhyhyhyhy

I think, It was my first suggestion here after joinning this forums.

U forgot:

"and BIS do something with the <get in/out a car> anims, they`re horrible!"

hyhyhyhyhy

I think, It was my first suggestion here after joinning this forums.

with the tecnolegy we have today that is a minimal problem.

maya and evrything.

ofp 2 need nature, we love nature wink_o.gif . but the game must be playable,and not just an 3d mark! ok, better anims for characters its just a normal thing i guess, and we will see some new things . i hope. biggrin_o.gif . but back to the problem, i dont need far cry grafik, its too much color, its not real life.http://img187.echo.cx/img187/3519/t55armyrecognitioniraq00315wf.jpg

I think you can shoot out atleast some street lights in OFP now.

Yeah, you can. I remember putting the whole capital of Nogova dark with my HK sometimes...