Sign in to follow this  
Shabadu

OFP2 system specs.... speculation

if you want my suggestion/opinion here it goes,

do NOT upgrade yet! wait untill OFP2* comes out.

if you can play OFP1 with that pc you have, keep it and wait.

ATM im running a P4 3Ghz, 1GDDr 400, radeon 9700 pro 128mb, Board = ABIT GURU AI7

to be honest i OFP doesnt run better and i think i will need a better computer when OFP2* comes out confused_o.gif

remember: when OFP2* comes out (+-2006) things will be cheaper wink_o.gif

good luck,

Guest Ti0n3r

ATM im running a P4 3Ghz, 1GDDr 400, radeon 9700 pro 128mb, Board = ABIT GURU AI7

to be honest i OFP doesnt run better and i think i will need a better computer when OFP2* comes out confused_o.gif

good luck,

I agree. As long as you can survive without upgrading, then dont upgrade. OFP doenst run much better on high spec computers. With dxdll I get a very low fps rate, even though I got a P4 @ 3.80 Ghz... And new video cards cant handle OFP as good as older cards like the GeForce 4 series.

I just hope that no one else takes the same path as EA did with BF2, otherwise I need to upgrade my relative new hardware and buy new parts.

Damn how I regret that I bought a P4 CPU, right before the end of the 487 socket's time confused_o.gifbanghead.gif

good luck,

Yea, considering a new GFX card has a price tag of 500-600 euro.

I'm still happy with my 9800 pro, don't have any problems yet with the new games. smile_o.gif Meh It can run for another year I guess.

When it comes out, windows Longhorn must be out too, so Im preaty sure that OFP2 will support 64 bit instrutions.

Does anyone know if OFP2 will support 64bit?

... i think there are whistle.gif

i think some guyz called Maruk and Suma or something like that,

but i haven`t see them around for a awile, rofl.gif

I upgraded 3 months ago to Athlon64 3200+, 1Gb RAM and Radeon 9800 Pro. I am not planning any upgrade until Game2 comes out!

at the moment i dont have have a 64bit computer (havent seen the need for one yet). If Game2 aka ArmA 2 will support 64bit i'll definately get one.

Then again, i might upgrade sooner due to STALKER supporting it. smile_o.gif

While I will buy Game 2 and Armed Assault as soon as they come out. I'll probably really not start playing them until perhaps six or so months, or at least when the next leap in pc technology occurs if it's within the time frame of game 2's release.

I'm glad I waited a little while after OFP was released to buy a pc, because technology had gotten a bit better, and my pc was more capable. I want a bit of longevity to my new flashpoint experience.

If my current machine doesn't cut it. I'll just hang in there a few months until some better technology comes out and drop a wad on a smoking Game 2 machine.

I have a AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM and a ATI Radeon x850XT and I expect this to be able to play game 2 well. I can run older games such as OFP: Resistance with dxdll on high settings with very good frame rates. I can also run the latest, graphically demanding games effortlessly, so I am sure I will be able to play game 2 on at least medium settings. (From what I have seen in the screenshots so far the game engine doesnt look like the final version as it needs a lot more anti-aliasing!)

I might add however that it may be advisable to use a graphics card such as the 7800GTX that supports Pixel Shader 3.0.

(From what I have seen in the screenshots so far the game engine doesnt look like the final version as it needs a lot more anti-aliasing!wink_o.gif

Antialiasing is part of your video card settings not what the graphics engine supports, even though it can cause some problems with certain drivers in some games. I can run old games with AA and AF on high that are so old that AA and AF didn't even exist on video cards back then.

Anyway BIS seem to choose not to use AA and AF on in there screenshots and capture there shots at the raw resolution there running in game which is good in a way as a lot of companies run resolutions of 1600x1200 with AA and AF cranked right up to take there screenshots which no one will play at anyway, it's the same with all the Armed Assault screenshots that have been released, no AA and AF on.

dx10 will be released with Vista. It could use it i suppose but i dont think it will. Games such as Far Cry 2 or whatever it will be called (as i think Crytek and Ubi have gone their seperate ways like BIS and Codies) will use dx10.