Sign in to follow this  
marcusjm

Mount & Blade: PC RPG.

Thanks for the info on the other NPC as well as the trade info. Gotta go scout some stuff out now.. smile_o.gif

Anybody tried a mod yet?

Anybody tried a mod yet?

Yes.  After you've delved into the vanilla version for a while I highly recommend the Mag 7 mod by AncientWanker.  However, you'll probably need to start a new game after installing it.

Magnificent 7 gives you the opportunity to recruit any or all of 6 forlorn heroes hanging out in the Zendar tavern.  Each has a unique weapon specialty and they're all only around level 12, so there's still plenty of opportunity to develop them as you like.  Btw, you are given a choice of berserker or knight configuration for the mod.  Most seem to go with the berserkers.

The 7th available hero is a maxed-out level 50 titan being held prisoner nearby.  But, his freedom won't come cheap so you won't be recruiting him for a while.

AW's mod also requires the HugeMod pack which redesigns much of the armament and a few of the horses.  For instances, the Dark Knight rides into battle on a "night mare", a beautifully retextured black stallion.  The mod combo also introduces huge War Parties for the various factions with added chieftains, berserkers and fanatics.

thumbs-up.gif

What I noticed is that the larger your party becomes the larger the enemy parties become. So I figured there's no point going above about 10 men unless you want very long battles.

Actually, the enemy parties only grow as your level increases.

And both slave traders pay the same; 100 per prisoner.

Another thing I'd like to add - perhaps the greatest thing about this game is that it's not really a fantasy RPG, although it does have the medieval theme to it. Thank God there's no magic spells and mages included, otherwise it would have ruined it.

Actually, the game was being designed with a whole series of necromancer and zombie quests that got put on hold because so many players demanded that it remain realistic.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Salt:

Bought at Salt Mine for 74

Sold at Zendar for 200

Profit per load: 126

% profit on original price: 170%

whistle.gif

Salt may have the highest % profit, but you only score 126 per inventory slot.  Furs, velvet, spice, etc., all score 400 - 700 per inventory slot.  Also, the more inventory slots you fill the slower you travel and the more likely you are to be ambushed.

Tip:  If the merchant runs out of money and can't afford to buy all of your cargo you can also sell it to the arms dealers in that settlement for the same price.

Thanks for the correction, Bernadotte.

Does anybody know an alternate d/l link for Mag-7? The page comes up an "Ad-financed webspace" and I can't find the download button anywhere. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the correction, Bernadotte.

Does anybody know an alternate d/l link for Mag-7? The page comes up an "Ad-financed webspace" and I can't find the download button anywhere. smile_o.gif

scroll down and click "FREE"

Mag 7 is quite nice that's right, I'm playing it in the Knights configuration, they've added quite a few things too, especially shields biggrin_o.gif

If you've found Borcha in the vanilla version, you know where the 7th NPC is in the Mag7 mod biggrin_o.gif

Now, gotta find the hugenormous ransom the count asks for this NPC ...

scroll down and click "FREE"

I already did. The next page says that I'm already downloading a file, and I'm not. Apparently I'm using a proxy server and I can't disable it.

So whos with me? OFP:Mount&Blade MOD. 3 Sides(Kingdoms) + peasants (civ). 5 Human Players on each side. Huge new island with 11 towns, 3 (west kingdom), 3 (east kingdom) 3 (res kingdom) and 2 neutral.

I dont really have to type anything, i think everyone can see it infront of them smile_o.gif Im a very good ehh ehh Forum poster?!??! now we just need addon makers and mission scripters! :P

Nah, very nice game, Too bad demo stops at level 6 but it also feels like the game will be just the same (same type of quest) untill you get bored at it. Ill be waiting for updates before ibuy it smile_o.gif

The 2nd is Borcha. He's being held prisoner in a settlement near Zendar. You'll need a little cash and a level of prisoner management skill to facilitate him eventually joining your party.

It's important to understand that, unlike the nameless troops you can hire or recruit, your character, Marnid and Borcha cannot be killed. You may only get knocked out and robbed if your health drops to zero.

The problem with adding the two heroes to your party is that they each take up a slot of your party. So you really need to get your leadership skill up if you want to be able to train up some generic troops, too!

Bernadotte instead of replying 3 times edit your posts instead of being lazy please.

hit lvl27 yesterday, my god how time flys when playing this game!

The 2nd is Borcha. He's being held prisoner in a settlement near Zendar. You'll need a little cash and a level of prisoner management skill to facilitate him eventually joining your party.

It's important to understand that, unlike the nameless troops you can hire or recruit, your character, Marnid and Borcha cannot be killed. You may only get knocked out and robbed if your health drops to zero.

The problem with adding the two heroes to your party is that they each take up a slot of your party. So you really need to get your leadership skill up if you want to be able to train up some generic troops, too!

but they're well worth it as they reduce the burden of the party skills you have to develop!

Borcha is great at tracking and spotting and Marnid is a good trader, you could add them and then upgrade trainer and tactics capabilities when they level up and do the same with you. Battles will be easier and the units under your command will upgrade much faster.

This is such a cool game, im now a lvl 30 warrior, with a complete set of reinforced black armour, a charger (best horse you can get??), riding around with my warbow and my balanced longsword, 15 swandian knights accompanying me.

The best bit is when you meet another party full of horsemen or knights, mounted combat between 24 or wahtever guys is amazingly cool. Especially when your character can take most of them down with one swing tounge2.gif

I know i shouldnt be addicted to this, but....yeah....i am.

I hit it big money wise when, i got a quest to get a count 14 warhorses. Well not long after taking it up, and buying about 3 lame ones (only about 4000 each), i bumped into a huge party full of knights, managed to kill them all, and got an additional 5 horses off them. Repeated the trick a few times, got my 14 horses together (wasnt a quick process i have to say). Anyway, went to the count, and gave him these horses that id spent about 12000 and alot of time, effort, and hunting on getting, and he gives me something around 250,000 gold as a reward crazy_o.gif

Just started a new game with the Mag-7 mod. Blimey - that's a whole lot of gold for Sir Galahad. Maybe he should have been more careful with dealing with tax collectors next time.

Thanks Placebo for the link!

Just started a new game with the Mag-7 mod. Blimey - that's a whole lot of gold for Sir Galahad. Maybe he should have been more careful with dealing with tax collectors next time.

Thanks Placebo for the link!

hehehe yeah biggrin_o.gif well after long (game)weeks of adrent levelling, a shitload of suply quests, fur trade and caravan raids, I finally got to free Galahad biggrin_o.gif

That's one absolutely kick ass NPC biggrin_o.gif

Bah !

Why did you give me that link ? smile_o.gif

I´m sucked in already and have bought the game.

I have a hard time with my level 14 archer and his untrained pack of 7 militias.

I usually only join running battles as the enemy outnumbers me on different occasions by 2 or 3 times. The mounted combat is a blow though. It´s very much fun to fully speed through the enemies delivering to the left and the right. I also like sppeding from enemy horses and taking rear shots at them, unless I run into a tree or rock smile_o.gif

I also like sppeding from enemy horses and taking rear shots at them, unless I run into a tree or rock smile_o.gif

Jump ... works for the rocks at least biggrin_o.gif

There's a technique I use. I try to get chased by one or two horsemen and go on a little steeple chase biggrin_o.gif I jump over a rock, the guy's horses behind me rear up, blocked by the rock and I turn around to slash them as the horses are either still rearing or presenting their flanks to my blade?

Indeed quite addictive this game; so much fun to make sliced meat out of 20 forrest bandits - until one of them hits you with a trowing axe  goodnight.gif

If only some of the lords would not be so demanding - first I had to work hard to train five knights and once I  delivered them he asked for 6 verterans as his next quest  - well, I had them already but suddenly I was down to ~15 (mostly untrained) men again banghead.gif

I'm still getting a kick out of this game.. I've got about 7 knights with me and I only fight mounted now. With my horse and my heavy war axe I'm able to take out anybody with one or two swings. It's great. smile_o.gif

Heheh, I only noticed today that the horse can jump too. I don't know what the the hell I was thinking when I jumped over a very high hill into the river resulting in my horse being crippled. "Lame charger" hmm. sad_o.gif

Heheh, I only noticed today that the horse can jump too. I don't know what the the hell I was thinking when I jumped over a very high hill into the river resulting in my horse being crippled. "Lame charger" hmm. sad_o.gif

that's life biggrin_o.gif be happy that your horses don't die that easily biggrin_o.gif

A good way to make fast money is to raise your prisonner management capacity to about 20 slots and four stacks and attack relentlessly small parties of river pirates, sea raiders and other bandits, armed with some kind of hammer/mace which does a good deal of concussion damage (the useful ones have a slight strenght pre-requisite though) and take the business on your own after asking your guys to stay behind and hold their position. 20 prisonners make 2000 gold once sold, repeat that a few times and you've got enough money to offer yourself some nice little "ŕ côtés" like spare jarids/daggers/axes/bolts/arrows (very useful when you run out of those in a battle, just find your chest and take the time to replenish your empty quiver) and spare horses (in case you feel like jumping from a cliff) biggrin_o.gif

One should also note that if you choose to make a lot of trade, it's important to know that the more cargo you're moving around, the slower you'll travel. Adding a couple of good horses to your inventory seems to lower the speed penalities due to the large quantities of trading goods.

After the battle a good way to make some cash is to take the shields, armors and correct weapons and sell them in the nearest town. You can come accross some nice little treasures in your victory loot biggrin_o.gif

ive stared modding the game now, spent the past could of days making a LOTR conversion(i know theres 1 or 2 already being done)

http://www.kevbaz.com/M&B/

lots of work still to be done though, like textures ect, when the offcial editor comes out ill be able to put in new models smile_o.gif