Sign in to follow this  
Virusx86

Black Hawk Down

"lots of critics get pissy if a movie doesent "EDUCATE" people.."

No, critics are just idiots that have pathetic little lives in which they think their opinion about moving pictures on a screen are worth something.

And believe me, anyone who's watched the likes of Blackhawk Down and Saving Private Ryan has gotten an education, indeed. I know I did.

All american helicopters are named after tribes, such as the spear chuckers.

ran stfu about french stuff. did u see the black hawks ? they were american. did u see the humvees ? they were american.

did u see some of the land rovers ? they were british. did u see some of those little cool helicopters ? they were american.

Chill dood I admire rans patriotism.

Patriotism can be OK. It can also be very dangerous. And it can also be borderline comical.

ChickenHawk i was actually joking. you said something about what i posted (i.e. anti-french). so, i said says you with a pic of NELSON WHO FOUGHT AGAINST THE FRENCH as an avatar.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

From Jeff Koinange

CNN

MOGADISHU, Somalia (CNN) -- Somalis watching a bootleg video of "Black Hawk Down" on Monday cheered as helicopters crashed and U.S. servicemen were killed in the new movie.

Just days after the film's widespread release in the United States, hundreds of Somalis crowded into an outdoor playground Monday to watch one of the first bootleg copies to reach Somalia.

The film, which was No. 1 at the U.S. box office over the weekend, depicts the ill-fated 1993 Battle of Mogadishu in which 18 American soldiers were killed.

The United States was in Somalia to try to capture powerful Somali warlord Mohammed Aidid from his stronghold in the war-torn capital and take him to a ship anchored off the nearby coast. But by the end of the 16-hour battle in which commandos tried to seize several of Aidid's top lieutenants, 18 elite Army Rangers and hundreds of Somalis lay dead in the streets of Mogadishu.

At the screening, Somalis paid the equivalent of 10 U.S. cents to watch the movie, less than a mile from where a real Black Hawk helicopter went down.

Audience members seemed to take delight in scenes of U.S. defeat. Each time an American chopper went down in the film, the audience cheered. Every time an American serviceman was killed, the audience cheered some more.

Ahmed Abdullah said he witnessed the actual battle and saw the movie as more fiction than fact.

"It's not fair what the U.S. is trying to do," he said. "What I saw that day was different from what I see in the film today. It's not accurate."

Others said the movie brings back disturbing memories of a day they'll never forget.

"I felt very sad watching the film," one woman said.

Some in the audience said they were proud of the way Somalis were portrayed in the film. They said they believe they were defending their country and their pride against what they considered U.S. military aggression.

U.S. officials have said they are concerned that members of al Qaeda, the terrorist network led by Osama bin Laden, could try to regroup in Somalia so the country may be a possible next target in the war on terrorism.

But some audience members had a warning for the United States.

"As you can see, Somalis are brave fighters," one man said. "If the Americans come back to fight us, we shall defeat them again."

Said another, "Let them try again. They'll be making more films about us when we defeat them like we did that day."

<span id='postcolor'>

I guess there are two sides to every coin... tounge.gif

Those somalian fools. So they were cheering when the blackhawks went down? i wonder what they did when they saw the 1100+ somalian militia men being killed. If the america was to go back to somalia, this time they wouldnt land troops. I think the little birds showed a good example of what a rotary gun can do too a pack of somalian rioters, except this time it will be coming from an ac-130.

Or a nice Tomahawk cruise missile with the writing: Here you mother- F-cuker somali rioters, Your ticket to Hell has Arrived.

I am gonna watch this movie next week, exams, sign.........

I think the Somalis are sick! How can they cheer and be happy at the sight of a human being killed?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Jan. 23 2002,15:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oic, ran should get a pic of Napolean lol..<span id='postcolor'>

ok tounge.giftounge.gif

any german here we could have Adol.... no i was going to say a stupidity

Mozart is not a politic or a warchief ....... rommel .... nah too modern .......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those somalian fools. So they were cheering when the blackhawks went down? i wonder what they did when they saw the 1100+ somalian militia men being killed. If the america was to go back to somalia, this time they wouldnt land troops. I think the little birds showed a good example of what a rotary gun can do too a pack of somalian rioters, except this time it will be coming from an ac-130.<span id='postcolor'>

damn strait, if we go back we are gona give'em some pepper

from the vicious AC-130 spectures and catching 2 1/2 ton bombs in what few teeth they have from our B-52s

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Jan. 22 2002,14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You dont like patriotism?<span id='postcolor'>

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious...

-according to Oscar Wilde.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hasharajima @ Jan. 23 2002,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or a nice Tomahawk cruise missile with the writing: Here you mother- F-cuker somali rioters, Your ticket to Hell has Arrived.

I am gonna watch this movie next week, exams, sign.........

I think the Somalis are sick! How can they cheer and be happy at the sight of a human being killed?<span id='postcolor'>

Man, when I read this post I laughed my ass off. In the first sentences, the dupe verbally describes how U.S. should shoot Tomahawks at the civilians of another country (and thus kill them). Then in the next sentence he wonders how awful it is that somebody can cheer at the sight of a human being killed.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Come on man, tell me you were joking. I mean, are you for real?

I did not know that it was a forum of fascistic nationalist and other vermin... sad.gif

what do think you think, you American, that we think, us other foreigners, when you speak like that about the somalis.

OMFG, how can people be influenced by just some other dumbass hollywood movie?

This has to be the most pathetic thing i have ever seen on the net, even more pathetic then l337 talk

"Hey the somalis shot down american helicopters that were trying to detain a criminal, they deserve what they get. "

So?...the US is responsible for killing more then a Ë million Iraqi childeren.

People like you need to be removed from the gene pool.

"I think the Somalis are sick! How can they cheer and be happy at the sight of a human being killed?"

I think the Americans are sick! How can they cheer and be happy at a sight of dropping a nuke on Japan and kill thousands of people and trying to destroy their infrastructure?

et paf

(i'm sure that fenix will know what i want to say)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"I think the Somalis are sick! How can they cheer and be happy at the sight of a human being killed?"

I think the Americans are sick! How can they cheer and be happy at a sight of dropping a nuke on Japan and kill thousands of people and trying to destroy their infrastructure?<span id='postcolor'>

Problem is humans like to kill each other its just the way we are.

I dont agree with it in most cases though.

If you think how the taliban think for example, they dont like the world and people to be driven by money which is why they targeted the WTC.

They do have point but Osama Bin Laden is a millionaire and had shares and stuff before he became wanted so I dont think that is right.

So?...the US is responsible for killing more then a Ë million Iraqi childeren.

opinion courtesy of Saddam propagenda and no real commin sense..

think the Americans are sick! How can they cheer and be happy at a sight of dropping a nuke on Japan and kill thousands of people and trying to destroy their infrastructure?

well.. lets see

1: Japan STARTED the war by launching a attack without declaring war.. which is wrong..

2: ya ever hear what the COMMIN treatment for POWs of teh Japanese? beheadings (for fun) and using them for bayonet practice was the norm, not the exception..

dropping the Nukes saved more people than they killed.. seeing as how the entire contanent of Japan was brainwashed by the emporor to kill themselves before surrender..