Sign in to follow this  
Virusx86

Black Hawk Down

The French I've met have all been damn fine people, having spent time in both London and Paris I would much prefer to spend time in Paris smile.gif

LOL, when my buggy got his 7mag we nick named it "The Turban Poker"

6thsense.jpg

Whats the Topic called

Ps im only f00lin around.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"skinnys" as the U.S. soldiers called them.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, we called Operation Restore Hope: Operation Skinny Kid. Was in Mogadishu from Jan to May '93. Man, that place sucked.

I just saw the Film, I gotta say it is one of the best movie's I've ever seen. It really moved me. What is the title of the book you guy's were refering too?

yeah look forward to seeing it looks fantastic

did watch behind enemy lines last night with the same anticipation as BHD and was sorely dissapointed =[[

The movie is called Black Hawk Down, i've just started calling it that rather than Blackhawk Down... I just saw it, i have to say it's pretty damn good, it's odd, but as recently as a month ago it was listed as being PG-13, but after seeing it, there's no way in hell it could have been rated that.... wonder what that was about....

it was rated R. the movie was amazing. sad, very sad but amazing none the less. Eric Bana was good in it too.

Its Black Hawk Down, the helicopter is a Black Hawk, no idea why people keep making it 1 word when its really 2. Blackhawk is an indian tribe tounge.gif

Yeah, the movie is VERY good. For the most part it didn't seem like any of the more recent Bruckheimer movies at all. From what I can recall, there's only one instance in the movie that I'm quite sure they embellished on a bit, anyones who's read the book will notice it. Otherwise, it held pretty well to what was written.

For those of you who've read the book, you'll probably get a lot more out of it than the general movie going audience. Actually, I found it kinda funny that there were a LOT of groups of teenage girls in the theater. The Josh Hartnett angle I suppose....anyways, I'm sure they appreciated the battlefield surgury scene biggrin.gif The ones I saw leaving the theater didn't look so pleased.

All in all, excellent movie. Easily one of the best I've seen in quite awhile.

SgtVor

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 18 2002,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IT'S A FRENCH VEHICLE

tounge.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The armoured column that went in wasnt american, they got it from another country, i cant remember who, the pakistani's or something.

actually, it was a mix, UN Pakistani and US Army10th Moutain Division.

yeah i noticed some kids dressed all "thug", kind of funny to see them, they didn't strike me as the kind to appreciate that kind of movie. heh, over all, my favorite movie. might go see it tonight again.

yes , but i didn't know that RVI has sold some VAB to the pakistan

I just saw the movie myself. It's very good, and very graphic. Most critics put it best when they describe the gore level as "the Omaha Beach scene of "Saving Private Ryan" stretched over 2.5 hours".

I think anyone who likes OFP and like games will find this movie very interesting. It's been canned by most other groups looking for something else: e.g. an anti-war statement; character development; drama; etc.

Black Hawk down pretty much tells (and shows in graphic detail) what happened, when, where, and how it went. It's more like a documentary (similar to "Tora Tora Tora" or "Gettysburg") than a general entertainment flick (like "Saving Private Ryan" or "All Quiet on the Western Front"). There is no sappy political or moral statement made; no character development; no plot twists. And for this reason alone, it's been canned by many critics (who were apparently looking for something else -- I guess they never read the book).

Overall the movie just shows the events from a third/first person perspective. Anyone who tries to make anything more out of the movie is a fool.

lots of critics get pissy if a movie doesent "EDUCATE" people..

bullshit! I go to college to learn, I go to the movies to see shit im interested in.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 19 2002,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes , but i didn't know that RVI has sold some VAB to the pakistan<span id='postcolor'>

ran stfu about french stuff. did u see the black hawks ? they were american. did u see the humvees ? they were american.

did u see some of the land rovers ? they were british. did u see some of those little cool helicopters ? they were american.

yes , but in the end of the film , the in the armored column there was 6 wheeled VAB's , certainly pakistanis ones

The armoured division in the end in the end didnt have any american equipment in it. After reading the book, i found that the tanks at the forward were pakistani, and the apc's were malaysian.

That actual title of the film is BlackHawk Down. BlackHawk is the name of the type of helicopter that was shot down. Blackhawk is an Indian tribe as most of the helicopter names are based on Indian tribes.

UH-1 Huey=Iroquois

AH64D=Apache

OH46 or somethin=Kiowa

RAH66=Comanche