Sign in to follow this  
Virusx86

Black Hawk Down

Who's gunna see it? I know i will... guns + explosions + spec ops = movie that'll make me want to play OP FP when i get home tounge.gif

I figure i can't be alone... well, maybe i am, but it's not TOO likely smile.gif

Lets hope that the movie makers do justice to the novel and to the soldiers and not "hollywoodize" it too much.

Tyler

From the 'reviews' ive seen it stays pretty much true to form to the orignal incident.. I.E. not a happy ending.. nothing like that..

I dont see how it could be a bad movie.. but I also said that when I first heard of perl harbor... and enima at the gates... shit, its gonna suck biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">enima at the gates...<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, bend over Tanya wow.gifbiggrin.gifwow.gif

P.S. sorry about the 2 other posts, my mistake. I finally got the quote stuff to work!

anything that jerry bruckheimer is involved with (except The Rock) really hasn't been worth seeing for me.

The Rock was the last Jerry Bruckheimer movie that I really loved straight away..

it was also (coincidence maybe?) the last Movie Don Simpson helped make before he died.

Black hawk down is really a grreat movie,no women,just action.Also lots of Gore,like when the rpg got fired at the truck a us soldier got throw outta the 5-ton truck and half of his torso was missing.

are they gonna show the rpg that got stuck in alphabet's chest? poor sod sad.gif

Yes they do,They show how all the guys died i believe.Even the delta force snipers that rope down and got killed.

WAit half his torso wasn't missing,from his torso down was gone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Jan. 15 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WAit half his torso wasn't missing,from his torso down was gone.<span id='postcolor'>

So his torso was complete? That's good... sad.gif

I can't wait for this movie to open this friday.

the book was VERY good

i remember the part about the small heli's flying down the streets blasting away with their mini-guns and just thinking to myself 'fuking hell!!'

What happened to the soldiers in the end? All got killed or escaped in the chopper or the Humvee?

18 soldiers died, plus a helluva lot more Somalis or "skinnys" as the U.S. soldiers called them.

The rest got out in an Armoured column. 1 other guy was captured but returned.

Personally, I like the slur "Starvin' Marvin."

LOL, I also recall from the book that the pilot of the (OH5)? referred to his MP-5 as his "skinny-popper"

I heard recently that U.S. intelligence believes that Osama has escaped to one of his freindly countries, possibly Somalia. Looks like U.S. soldiers might be going back there. wow.gif

Tyler

Im gonna go see aswell as that we were soldiers.

Yeah, but this time it will be the full military force. The somali's are gonna get butchered. All this for maybe 50 al-qaida associates.

Somalia is overrated as a target.

It is hardly a country even!

just a question :

did you see in the last minute of the film the wheeled armored vehicle of the column ? it's a VAB