Sign in to follow this  
Cracker7M

Resistance "Counterstike" - Jipped out of kills

Just finished Counterstrike for the first time.

I ended up sticking around after the gunships show up, and took them both down. One with an RPG and the other with an M2.

I see that they dont show up in my mission statistics as kills... sad_o.gif

Also, when I start the next mission, I am missing tons of weapons. (Yeah, i know, I read about this bug in a walkthru) ;)

Oh well..... tounge_o.gif

I ended up sticking around after the gunships show up, and took them both down. One with an RPG and the other with an M2.

I see that they dont show up in my mission statistics as kills... sad_o.gif

Hm, if I remember right, this is because your fire doesn't actually destroy the chopper, only kills the pilots or damages the bird so that it goes down.

Heh, it's fun to stick around and take them down, very hard though smile_o.gif I believe I brought one down with a RPG , and the other with a Sabot (perfect timing).

"They've got gunships... we can't fight gunships!"

Yes we can! I took out the gunships at one point too... but you're not supossed to... :-D

this mission is one of my favourites

I'd like to discuss some "best practices" for this mission:

(potential spoilers ahead)

when using mines, this mission can be quite easy

but did someone manage to survive the tank attack without laying out mines?

I've used different tactics so far, but to no avail

when in the camp, tanks can't reposition after shooting

when I posit my tanks on hilltops, they get wasted very quickly

I had three helicopters on this mission. A V-80, a Mi-17 and a Mi-24. I took the two hinds out with RPGs and the V-80 with a sabot, hoping that clearing the base may allow me to escape with all the ammunition I had collected (which was a lot), but due to some bug I was placed in the next mission with next to nothing.

I had three helicopters on this mission. A V-80, a Mi-17 and a Mi-24. I took the two hinds out with RPGs and the V-80 with a sabot, hoping that clearing the base may allow me to escape with all the ammunition I had collected (which was a lot), but due to some bug I was placed in the next mission with next to nothing.

almost thesame for me: I had all my equipment, but when I quit ofp / resumed the next day.... sad_o.gif