Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Well it was fun while it lasted (about half an hour). Im a bit confused about what happened tonight. I was one of the few who stuck with Balschoiw in this one mission. When he started to move i moved to but got shot by Short (apparently on bals orders) even when i was 3rd in the formation. I was then told that i was shot for not being right behind bal (like literally).

Then i got kicked for saying " i didnt know i was meant to be kissing bals ass" (even though it was not meant to be offensive, of course when its in text on the screen you cant tell so i can understand the kicking).

Could someone (preferably Balschoiw) explain to me what happened and where i went wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ive just realised something. At one point someone asked if i was on TS, Bal replied yes. So Bal must of given me an order via TS which i must of missed and thats why the guy asked if i was on TS. And when i didnt follow out the order as i missed it (which no one would of known of course) i was shot.

Well if that is the case then im sorry about that. What people are saying on TS is never clear to me. Must be my cheap Dell speakers biggrin_o.gif

I don't agree with that - we will shoot you if you don't follow our orders completely - shit. But that's just something that CiA has decided to do, so I will just have to accept it. You were just shot because you were making a mistake. You were supposed to follow Bals, but you followed Hardrock. So you were all the time thinking that you were acting properly while you weren't. You were just following the wrong player. I hope this gives you an explanition about the - why was I shot? - thing.

NB. This post is intended to attack CiA or sorts of that shit. It's just supposed to give Westy some information. I've been playing on CiA for about a year now and I liked it most of the time. I don't agree with the - be killed when you don't listen - thing, but as I stated above it's a thing CiA has chosen to do and I will have to accept it if I want to play on their server.

Thanks for the few chaotic games!

I appreciate, that in the CQB mission, where a lot of you guys seemed to get a bit confused, B. Short and Zopzodeman did very nicely and managed to finish the mission together with me!

When I ordered to retreat, as the bmp was too dangerous, you did so without further questions which saved your lifes. And this is exactly what is expected in OFP's limited CQB capabilities. Stick with your leader, preferably behind him, watch out and follow the orders exactly. Then you'll avoid a lot of confusion.

wink_o.gif

Edit:

I don't agree with the - be killed when you don't listen - thing, but as I stated above it's a thing CiA has chosen to do and I will have to accept it if I want to play on their server.

Well, we have a specific reason for that. It happened a lot that people just seemed to be too stupid to act correctly, and trying to explain them how to do it right just gets on our nerves and takes minutes. It doesn't occur once, but for every new member several times, which is simply too often with so many new guys. If you get shot for such a reason, think about why, if you don't know, then ask which is okay.

I'm sure Westy will have learnt his lesson, he is new, so he doesn't know the faces very well yet. But still, taking care of every new member isn't possible with 12+ players. It was possible earlier, when we had 5-6 players each night, but now it just gets too chaotic.

Conclusion: Read the rules, follow them, if not you will get shot. Relax, think about it, do better the next time.

Quote[/b] ]I was one of the few who stuck with Balschoiw in this one mission. When he started to move i moved to but got shot by Short (apparently on bals orders) even when i was 3rd in the formation. I was then told that i was shot for not being right behind bal (like literally).

Let me clear this up.

We had started the mission, it was a mess as everyone ran around like headless chicken and players didn´t react to orders given on TS and ingame with command menu.

So we reassigned and made it clear that you have to stay with the leader and follow him and his orders.

We even described extensively how leader looks ingame, which face he uses and what uniform parts can make it easy to distinguish leaders from other members. We started the mission again.

Again, team members did not follow their leaders. I have given you at least 4 or 5 times the order to move to the rock via command menu and additionally used TS to adress the order. Even other team members did tell you where to go but after 5 minutes you still were not in position. I even alt-tabbed out of OFP to see if you were on TS as you didn´t react to the orders in any way.

It has to end at some point and that was the point. We don´t want to spend hours with repeating orders over and over again.

It´s a must to know where your leader is and follow orders given by him. This includes listening to TS and reading ingame messages aswell as listening to orders issued by command menu.

I have used all of that extensively as other participants and teammembers certainly can confirm. Having an unresponsive teammember is contraproductive and therefore I issued the order to kill you and kick you from the server. Maybe next time you will take those things more serious and be more concentrated on what we say and what orders we give ingame.

Else there will be little fun for you on the CiA server.

Quote[/b] ]You were just shot because you were making a mistake.

It´s a bit more than that kaka. Read the above.

Yea sorry I shot you, but it was an order.

I even screamed at Bravo team members near our posistion to move back to Bals, although Bravo team got wiped out and we had 3 members left because some of us got gunned down by machine gunners or the BMP.

I was the medic, so I took rear guard, Zop and Hardrock took the lead and we won in the end.

Not the best night I've played, some of the missions were abit queer.

Let me clear this up.

We had started the mission, it was a mess as everyone ran around like headless chicken and players didn´t react to orders given on TS and ingame with command menu.

So we reassigned and made it clear that you have to stay with the leader and follow him and his orders.

We even described extensively how leader looks ingame, which face he uses and what uniform parts can make it easy to distinguish leaders from other members. We started the mission again.

Again, team members did not follow their leaders. I have given you at least 4 or 5 times the order to move to the rock via command menu and additionally used TS to adress the order. Even other team members did tell you where to go but after 5 minutes you still were not in position. I even alt-tabbed out of OFP to see if you were on TS as you didn´t react to the orders in any way.

It has to end at some point and that was the point. We don´t want to spend hours with repeating orders over and over again.

It´s a must to know where your leader is and follow orders given by him. This includes listening to TS and reading ingame messages aswell as listening to orders issued by command menu.

I have used all of that extensively as other participants and teammembers certainly can confirm. Having an unresponsive teammember is contraproductive and therefore I issued the order to kill you and kick you from the server. Maybe next time you will take those things more serious and be more concentrated on what we say and what orders we give ingame.

Else there will be little fun for you on the CiA server.

Ok i missed that order but i suppose im the only one to blame for that. Well everyone makes mistakes (me in this case) so heres hoping we can all just forgive and forget.

See you next wednesday smile_o.gif

Hehe Sputnik, you should make that yellow square in the bottom right corner part of your sig. It´s still unbelievable to me that someone can actually play with a ping over 1000. biggrin_o.gif

I thought the yellow square just meant "you're online", I thought every one got it. I guess I was wrong lol.

I'm amazed also,  I'm happy I can manage though. CiA is the the best online experience I've ever had. I've had way more fun the past two weeks on CiA with a 1000 to 3000 ping than I've had with other games in the past, (when I had a better ping to boot).

I get kills also which I didn't think I would be able to do with such a high latency. The final game last night was just me and holodoc, and I managed to get around 25 kills including a T55. I don't care much for kill counts, to me what's important is the accomplishment of the mission objectives and as many players surviving as possible. Still reaching 25 kills was surprising to me, as my ping by that time was about 3500 (windows update was doing something in the background which didn't help my ping at all)

One thing I thought I would mention is that I am moving in the next month, (not sure when but soon). Once I move I might not show up to co op nights for a while as I don't know when I'll have an internet connection again. When I do it'll likely only be a 56K connection. Would 56K be completely too slow for co op? Or might it be about the same as my current satellite connect?

Now for another topic while I'm at it, (I know this post is getting long winded). What was the name of that mission we did last night with the bomber that lagged everything down? I actually liked that mission alot, until the bomber ruined it. Do you think the author would be alright with the mission being DePBOed and altered to change the bomber and remove the music? I would really like to see us play it again, but that bomber has to go. Perhaps it could be switched out for an I16, or if it's dropping paratroopers maybe leave it but then have it deletevehicle after the para drop?

I don't know if holodoc post or read this thread but if you do,

notworthy.gif  excellent team work on that final mission last night. I think if your rifle hadn't "jamed" wink_o.gif we would have beat that mission. For those who missed it, we were engaged in combat with the last few enemy soldiers on a mission. Holodoc had a bug occur and couldn't reload his rifle even though he had plenty of ammo left. He had to resort to his side arm (skorpion) and engage them at about 300 to 400 meters. I had run out of ammo and was firing a makarov, I was also wounded  so basically there was no way I was going to hit anything heh heh. It was a glorious last stand.

Any way just giving a shout out to holodoc, as we were mopping up for a long time there. Excellent team work.

I thought the yellow square just meant "you're online", I thought every one got it. I guess I was wrong lol.

Classic! rofl.gif

No, it doesn't really meant that . . . crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Some 'external observations':

<lwlooz> look at the CIA thread ...

<Jinny-Poos> lol

<Jinny-Poos> "We can't be bothered to explain to people what to do so we just shoot them when they don't do it right. Join the CIA coop nights!"

<lwlooz> thats real admining,isnt it

<lwlooz> biggrin_o.gif

<lwlooz> i again will quote bn

<lwlooz> [1747] <Bn880> "Maybe we should try reasoning with him?" "no way, I know these guys, they're better off shot immediately" biggrin_o.gif

Strange that people with such liberal opinions in politics believe in such draconian measures while playing a computer game. tounge2.gif

Anyways, keep it up CiA. Your thread is always a good laugh.

biggrin_o.gif

We don't need or want your comments jinef. It's not the first time you drop by obviously trying to start some kind of fight.

Jinef, that is BLATANT flaming - 24 hour PR. Consider yourself lucky, and consider this the FINAL warning. Next such incident will be a much longer PR and WL increase...

You obviously have some kind of grudge or rivalry against CiA, so it might be for the best if you refrained from posting in their thread. As I have said previously, we (moderators) have well and truly had our fill of refereeing mod-team/clan/squad squabbles. If two groups just can't get along, then simply don't post to each other here. The rest of the community don't appreciate reading it, and we certainly don't appreciate having to constantly break up this kind of petty bickering.

This goes for everyone, BTW...

Jinef, that is BLATANT flaming - 24 hour PR. Consider yourself lucky, and consider this the FINAL warning. Next such incident will be a much longer PR and WL increase...

You obviously have some kind of grudge or rivalry against CiA, so it might be for the best if you refrained from posting in their thread. As I have said previously, we (moderators) have well and truly had our fill of refereeing mod-team/clan/squad squabbles. If two groups just can't get along, then simply don't post to each other here. The rest of the community don't appreciate reading it, and we certainly don't appreciate having to constantly break up this kind of petty bickering.

This goes for everyone, BTW...

Surely that post was meant to be humourous and not to be taken seriously confused_o.gif

It certainly made me laugh rofl.gif

can i just say publicly executing people isn't the way to go it only does harm to yourselves and make you look like a bunch of arrogant plonkers..

a simple kick would suffice and have them same results (get the lamers off the server ) you can then kill their useless AI when they have left..its down to the order with which you do it shooting them beforehand execution style is just plain wrong and brings the whole nights atmosfear down and has a negative effect to the gaming atmosfear in the following weeks..

the more we encourage people to play in our coop style the better

the more rambo's we convert to teamplay the better

getting all medival on their ass doesn't help the cause as they dont learn the ways to go on they'll just think fuck those guys

remember in an ideal ofp world we want players who WANT to play as a team rather than players who are forced to stay inline

and in extreme cases where people need to be removed from the server kick first shoot later ...not the other way round as it gives a terrible impression to newcomers and forum users who will think screw that i'm not playing with those guys

you obviously dont have to take my advice if you dont want to

but as an old and (i hope) respected member of the cia gaming community i hope you will listen

I personally find neckshot a good solution if somebody disobeys direct orders/warning without explaining and goofs on the server thus spoiling the gaming enjoyment of others. Execution is better than just kicking out if written/radioded/Teamspeak orders don't get any response. Mature players should then be able to take note and behave accordingly.

I personally find neckshot a good solution if somebody disobeys direct orders/warning without explaining and goofs on the server thus spoiling the gaming enjoyment of others. Execution is better than just kicking out if written/radioded/Teamspeak orders don't get any response. Mature players should then be able to take note and behave accordingly.

That pretty much reflects our point. If new people spoil the fun for the others and don't react to any of the warnings, messages, shouts or whatever, they shouldn't play. The neckshot is basicly the ultimate warning, if they don't get it then, they should leave.

Just a short comment - having played on CiA for a long time (unfortunately I nowadays have little opportunity to do so) I've never seen anyone shot for misbehaviour without a lot of previous warnings.

It was easier when the coop nights were less popular, with less players. But as the numbers grew so did the number of people lacking the right attitude (i.e. those who don't value the team experience over their personal kill ratio and who can't follow any orders). Thus tolerance towards new players is quite limited today.

That may seem harsh to those affected, but I strongly believe it's the one reason why CiA still is THE place for good coop play for me (there are other good servers - Kyllikki or Zeus come to mind - but they all have different styles of gaming).

Game on..

Just a reminder.. If you have a pirated OFP you shouldn't join. It's not fun trying to help people to join just to find out that they are banned due to public ID's.

indeed, i believe to shoot someone is not the best way to go, unless they started killing you off. You should take these into considerations

-some players (like myself) always play without AI (except in zeus, which has ai voices disables anyway). Hence when i hear an order via ofp comm, i generally naturally ignore it as AI. This is because i almost always use teamspeak.

-Because you guys don't seem to talk much in teamspeak, other than enemy reports, because, well, you don't like people talking about random shite on ts, some players, like me, will not get to know who is talking, hence you don't know hen the leader is talking. you can't always read the text at the bottom becuase you're engaging opfor, sometimes you just miss it because you've had a long day. My recommendations are either use teamspeak fully, or at least at the start introduce yourselves. If they ignore you, pop them once in the leg, and surely they'll notice you're there.

Plus, imo, everybody screaming (not literaly) to eachother on ts helps with immersion. You can type "FIX BAYONETS, CHARGE...THE...BASTARDS", and hope for an effect, or you can scream it :P

i might come on sunday, now that i've read the 1st post fully after rather than skipping half of it 6 times and know the password now. biggrin_o.gif

To echo what Daddl said, I've played quite a lot of CiA nights in the last 7 months or so, I have only ever seen a tiny handful of incidents where someone was shot (maybe 3) for not following orders - and in each of those cases, the players were given ample warning and plenty of chances to fall back into line.

And it's not generally over a simply misunderstanding, it is more often than not someone blatantly ignoring orders to rack up a kill count, or something similar...

Great night again guys, i dont play very much now (not like the days in UKA) but i really enjoyed the game and the missions. Also the game seemed well different with the weapons we used last night with their slow reload, added a lot more depth into the game and also made you try a lot more hard to shoot to kill instead of firing several rounds in their direction.