Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

smile_o.gif Hmmm, This CIA co=op night sounds fun. Maybe I'll join you next time, but I don't have a mic so I hope you don't mind :P.

smile_o.gif Hmmm, This CIA co=op night sounds fun. Maybe I'll join you next time, but I don't have a mic so I hope you don't mind :P.

No problem, it's enough if you join teamspeak with speakers so you can hear what the others talk.

That was really cool yesterday, especially the incomming MIG when we wanted to push the boat back to the island. (The reason was, that I (driver of the second boat) was slightly too fast and rushed the beach up with the boat. Everybody got out and the boat slided back into the sea... wink_o.gif )

Has anyone a Screenshot of that? Was a shocking moment *g*

Looking forward for wendsday smile_o.gif

i have that screen shot but i'm not at home right now so i'll post it later wink_o.gif

The Mig attack was very cool,but what was funny was everyone (including me) trying to shoot it down with RKs and light mgs LOL. Also neverseen a boat pushed so elegently.

See you all Wednesday I hope.

dxdshot1116798414copy9tk.jpg

Yup, i had plenty of fun in my first co-op night! Im sure that i´ll be there next sunday! (Wednesdays are too late for me, i must study too...) In the picture above is maybe Llauma or someone else looking for the last terrorist... wink_o.gif

Bit late, these are from Sunday.

ciacoopnight.jpg

I enjoyed it, I'll be sure to join again next Sunday.

The server is up so drop by for a game or two..

The server is up so drop by for a game or two..

sorry that i wasn't there today, but football was just too great... wink_o.gif

ciacn00057lu.jpg

ciacn00074zd.jpg

ciacn00068vi.jpg

Thanx for the games and cya next time.

Missed most of tonights games due to work (bloody staff meeting!!) and a friend of the wifes birthday. How inconveinient LOL.

Will be there on Sunday.

Tried totake some pictures butforgot which wasmy hotkey and promptly died. Great penalty shootout though.

smile_o.gif

It's a pitty that we didn't get the special group pic we prepared so well for. tounge_o.gif

Thanks for the games last night. I've got some heavily edited screenshots this time...

4295a53175864.jpg

Group inserted

4295a53853587.jpg

Watch that AA fire!

4295a53f6e334.jpg

Observing

4295a546360c3.jpg

From the mission "Bush's Nightmare"

42959d9fc201c.jpg

From the last mission

I have an idea! crazy_o.gif (oh no not you again Albert tounge_o.gif ). Bals listen before starting to role your eyes. biggrin_o.gif

Well I thought about competitions and I came to the conclusion that I dont like them. Why? Because I hate to play against each other Ego-shooter style. This simply isnt in the nature of OFP. But still I think competitions are fun. So since we all love COOP games this can be a bit of a problem. So I thought about an alternative and got the idea of creating 2 teams. One team plays on (lets say) Saturday and the other on Sunday. Both teams have the same size and play exactly the same three missions. What should be counted is not amount of enemy soldiers killed but mission goals achieved. In my eyes this would the ultimate motivation for a team to work together in a civilised manner, respect orders and achieve as much as possible.

To add the right spice to this competition there should be one judge being present on both games. He can make screens of the path and strategy the teams chose and when and where they got unlucky.

Finally this would then be turned into an awesome photo diary following a big discussion about the best strategy.

What do ya think! [Albert makes himself ready to hide in his backyard nuclear shelter]

albert always got ideas... wink_o.gif the judge is llauma, he's there nearly everytime.

but what's with players like me who can't join in regularly or on a specific day? rock.gif

I've had an idea too for few days already. I think a little change to the typical coop modes could be refreshing. I've thought of a new coop mode. This kind of mode would be especially for the nights when there are 20+ of people playing. I know you like only coops, don't worry, this idea should be still worth implementing.

This is the idea: We should start making missions where are 2 teams (or actually forces), the russians and the finnish. Both forces have their own goals. Here's a simple example mission: The finnish force has to prepare to defend Hill 101 against the Russian force which is planning to take over this hill during the night. The finnish could have few heavy weapons and the russians a mi24 and a couple bmp's to use.

This kind of coop mode would be coop playing at it's best imo because instead of blind, deaf and stupid AIs for us to kill there are human players hatching evil plans against each other. Only bad thing in this is that the games will be fairly short as there are not much to kill per mission.

Does this sound interesting at all to anyone? rock.gif  smile_o.gif

that's a&d ;) and it doesn't work as coop IMHO. In most games it's simply more effective for people to play ego shooter style against other human players. Don't ask me why ;)

that's a&d ;) and it doesn't work as coop IMHO. In most games it's simply more effective for people to play ego shooter style against other human players. Don't ask me why ;)

Yeah that's it. I actually remeber playing once that but the mission itself didn't work so well that time. I think A&D would be better choice when we're playing with a huge mass of players but if you guys don't prefer that mode even in this case, I'm ok with the normal coop missions.

This is the idea: We should start making missions where are 2 teams (or actually forces), the russians and the finnish. Both forces have their own goals. Here's a simple example mission: The finnish force has to prepare to defend Hill 101 against the Russian force which is planning to take over this hill during the night. The finnish could have few heavy weapons and the russians a mi24 and a couple bmp's to use.

jinef made an fdf mission like that, its on the zeus server and its called "bridge assault" or something like that. these kinds of missions are fun when both sides play seriously, and can be very aggravating if someone doesn't follow orders.

a&d style missions without respawn could work with the right players but with respawn it would just turn into teamdeathmatch

another idea ive tried along the pvp coop lines was to make a straight forward coop mission against the AI west vs east(ai) then have a small group of res friendly to the east controlled by other players only 3 guys on res tho no a massive team these 3 had respawn back at their base after 2 mins and to stop them just camping at objectives or being to effective gave them shit weapons ie. HD so they had to get close before they gave themselves away or they would just be toast.

this worked quite well as the players carrying out the mission had to be on their toes a lot more than in a normal coop against only dumb AI's

i think one of the tonal coop's that came with the addon was done in way also but with a slightly bigger player controlled OPFOR and no respawn or group respawn i think.

can be very good fun but the a&d missions would need respawn taken out to keep people working properly together as a team so they dont just go out and try and rambo everyone one the server.

A&D's turns into TDM's so it's nothing I want to play. Perhaps we could try A&D's where the opponents were being controlled by human commanders.

The reason I have started to play on this server is that we work together. It stays on a light hearted yet serious level, in my opinion I'm against changing away from coop missions.

But what opinion do I have, I've only joined the server twice. sad_o.gif

On another note King Nothing's ingame avatar can be quite distracting in a fire fight.

I am against changes too but it might be fun to try a co-op with human commanders on the other side which would make the mission less predictable. So let's say that one side has 10-15 human players and the opponents have 4 human players controlling squads of 10 men spread over the mission area. The opponents would also have some stationary MG's controlled by AI and maybe a tank or two as in normal co-op's