Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Quote[/b] ]In all formations except column the even numbers keep on the right and vice versa.

An example of the line:

7 5 3 1 2 4 6 8

(M)

This is not necessary is it? Othewise I'm familiar with the commands' meanings. smile_o.gif

I think it is, at least with bigger groups moving.

Another option would be that I split the group into group Blue and group Red. Blue on the right and Red on the left. With this system the leader can easily order the right guys the flank right and vice versa.

I think that would be a better system. It allows me to setup the groups so they got good weapon loadouts. One thing that we need though are two players who can act as NCO's and take charge of the group which they are assigned to.

That's exactly what others meant with fire teams wink_o.gif

I know.. But the fire teams also have specific tasks when moving with the big group. Watching left and right etc.

nice info lauma. radio is very effective if understood.

Do u know any West vs East coops, would be wicked to organize a tornament something like that. I think that if pll play ofp like its meant to play (cia server style :P) this could be sucessfull idea, but if everyone starts doing teamdeath match theres no point.

anyways ill try to be there tonight ;)

Me too, I guess.

EDIT: I seem to recall playing an fdf zombie coop map on the server... that rocked! smile_o.gif Or maybe it was on another one, I don't know...

I'll be there too smile_o.gif

The game is in about 1 hour now right?

I think so...I'm gonna be there smile_o.gif

so do I just connect to the ip given on the first page in the opflash browser?

well, its time now. I'm going to go see if the server is up. I will be playing under the name "stall."

I don't see one either, but we have 3 people in TS2 right now.

yeah, I don't see one as well...I'm on teamspeak with 2 others, but no server. its now 15 past the hour.

I don't see one either, but we have 3 people in TS2 right now.

Llauma should drop a word here if the server is up smile_o.gif

That's too bad, I was looking forward to it sad_o.gif

Ah well, there's always next time.

Server will be up in a few moments.

Make sure you have all needed Addons installed prior entering the server.

You can find the addon list on CiA Homepage

Furthermore this is a coop server only. Any players searching for TDM, CTF, fragfights, better try your luck elsewhere. We want to make it as comfortable for coop players as we can make it.

Install and run a Teamspeak 2.0 client on your system and connect to our TS server. Even if you have no mic, you can listen to the radiocoms which saves us from typing and prevents unfunny situations.

Here is the things you need to know to connect to OFP server and TS:

IP: ofp.ciahome.net

Port: 2302

Password: ciafdf

All join the Teamspeak 2 server at IP ofp.ciahome.net

The password is ciafdf, also.

Good games smile_o.gif

coop1.jpg

coop2.jpg

Really had to bring down the quality of this one crazy_o.gif

Until next time !

due to the incredible degree of popularity I think it would be nice to enhance the level of addons a bit. So in order facilitate the process you should (as mention yesterday) create a downloadable file containing the most used missions.

Secondly it would be great to introduce some new features.

E.g. the retextured Malden, Mitthafen Island Olska Island that are soon to come out

E.g. a Unit Replacement Pack like Y2k3!!!, FlashFX, FFUR which are realy a boost to combat athmosphere and realism! (and I rarely play without them anymore)

E.g. the use of new animations (Dreamy nights), AI improvements

E.g. the use of new units (e.g. KFOR), Wiesel, whatever

(or maybe the FDF WW2 once it comes out!)

I know that FDF has great advantageous. It rarely creates lags, there is a sufficient amount of missions and we all have it properly installed. So all in all the advantage is "we know it works".

But shouldnt we go with the time and update our multiplayer settings correspondingly?

It is probably gonna be a pain in the ass for the first few days but once it works smooth I think we would all enjoy this certain "Big Change".

Of course this is only a suggestion. The server still belongs to CIA!

smile_o.gif

I dont really understand your point in "due to the incredible degree of popularity I think it would be nice to enhance the level of addons a bit".

Why should we changed something obviously popular?

Unless someone makes a mp mod like FDF I don't think we'll install it on the server. Right now we stick to FDF and Kegetys' released addons. FDF WW2 is just an expansion like the desert pack so yes it will propably be added when released.

Away from the topic but

Quote[/b] ]Why should we changed something obviously popular?
is the attitude that led to the bankruptcy of many great companies in the past! Dont run a company with these pearls of wisdom!   tounge_o.gif

But back to the topic. Of course it will remain your choice. I just thought that there are enough MP missions out there that would be damn interesting. But all we would need would be a few extra addons that were recently published. And there are other great Mods with multiplayer capabilities. That was just a suggestion!