Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Since your ArmA2 server isnt up and running yet I wanted to ask whether some of you want to join a session forecasted for Thursday with player (from Germany) who are new to the game.

If yes, then we would have to find some beginner-friendly coop missions and some guys ready to lead a group of naive run-all-around players. I guess I dont have to tell you that patience and tolerance would be required! :D

They are nice guys though!

Alpha flanks left:

dxdshot1260739581.th.jpg

Scavenging:

dxdshot1260389986.th.jpg

Obligatory Finmod snow and Mi-24 pic:

dxdshot1260389884.th.jpg

Watch out with those rocket grenades!

dxdshot1260394335.th.jpg

Great games, guys!

Edited by Anguis

This week's action:

dxdshot1260997845.th.jpg

dxdshot1260998144.th.jpg

dxdshot1261350549.th.jpg

Osku's looked better, right, Marto?

dxdshot1261351842.th.jpg

Kurtz's team - on the way!

dxdshot1261604384.th.jpg

Hey guys, I just found my way here... I'm a bit confused. I thought there was only that one CiA coop night -thread on the other(?) BI forum: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=46112;st=2145

So you have moved here? Well, anyway, I guess I have now 200 pages to read :p

@Anguis, nice pics. Oh damn, it's hard to recognize myself sitting there in the car backseat, that doesn't look good... and I was the medic! But I didn't get that blood on my face by doing the medic job - instead, I got under heavy enemy fire earlier before we entered the town, got wounded real bad, but managed to stop bleeding after applying around 12-15 bandages (wgl). So, please forgive me my messy look. :)

---

And here's a video, that I promised to post:

CiA co-op night, on 23. december 2009

It's the first movie I've ever done... compiled together from short video clips with Windows movie maker.

Edited by Osku[PnM]
link updated / switched to Youtube

Comrades in Arms hold WGL Coop nights every Sunday 2000hrs CET and FDF/BAS every Wednesday nights 2000hrs CET. ARMA2 Tuesday nights.

If you are interested in an awesome team atmosphere, cooperation in completing objectives and have a sense of humour, check out the CiA website:

http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=1990.0

Next Sunday 21 Feb 10 we will be conducting a pre-planned, pre-slotted Platoon attack on a dug in guerilla position on Avignon. Slots include Platoon HQ, two Assault teams and a Fire Support team.

If you are interested check out the CiA WGL forum:

http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2084.0

Marto.

BTW great pics Anguis!

And something from ArmA 2:

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

And here is our ArmA 2 server

b_560_95_1.png

Overlord, CIA also has a thread for the Arma 2 co-op nights too in the Arma 2 section. Please use that for any Arma 2 related stuff rather than this OFP thread.

Hola,

nice pics Anguis. Remind us to replay that Tonal mission, it was great fun with two teams working together! Providing cover and confusing enemies with attacking from different angles worked out very well! Thx again to all my teammates for good teamwork!

Greets,

Tony

Hi Anguis,

When was this from? It seems no one showed for this past Sunday's coop. I hope the resurgence I spawned hasn't died already.

I know everyone wants to move on to ARMA2/OA but I still love to play OFP, especially with the CiA team.

Hi, Zulu!

Yes, that picture did come from yesterday. I wasn't able to play much - the weather is still too good around here to stay inside (especially with kids). Tony and I were on around 2:30 pm, CST (Tony had been enjoying being outside in his neck of the woods, too). I imagine that when things get colder over here, I'll be able to justify the time inside - I am anticipating certainly doing so. I'm not playing any other games.

I would love to get in on the Arma2 games, but that necessitates a new computer purchase - not in the offing, especially with a family and a computer that already does what we need (and handles OFP nicely). I wish BIS could figure out a way to get OFP GOTY back on GOG.com - there's still a market for it (certainly with my extended family and group of friends).

Heck, they should just promote and sell it off their own site. There are tons more computers in the world that can play OFP than there are that can handle Arma2 (what's the ratio of netbook to gaming computer production, nowadays?). Might as well make some more money off of them, BIS! Especially given the economy, that looks like money left on the table. . .

Anyone reading this who hasn't played OFP with CiA, make it a point to get in on the Sunday and Wednesday games - the more, the merrier; Zulu, others, and I have found it to be a lot of fun!

Hola,

looks like our Server has some problems right now. HP And Server not available for me... anyone has a good idea where to play instead of our server?

Cheers

Tony

You beat me to it, Tony - anyone have a place to play?

Update: HD crash resulted in the downtime. Site back up, servers (OFP, TeamSpeak) still down.

Edited by Anguis
update

Hola,

thx for hosting Zulu, worked very well! And some nice action, even we were really short of allies ;-).

When everything runs good, the server should be reinstalled by next week. I´ll drop a message here aswell, just in case. Although our Forums are already working again (as zulu showed above...).

As we are working on the Arma coops aswell, we might have some special OFP Features in the next weeks aswell! Stay tuned!

Tony

CiA FDF Night - Wednesdays @ 20:00 CET

TS2: 85.252.203.43:8767

Some shots from last week:

ciafdf01122011i.th.jpg

ciafdf01122011h.th.jpg

ciafdf01122011g.th.jpg

ciafdf01122011f.th.jpg

Edited by Anguis

CiA FDF Night - Wednesdays @ 20:00 CET

TS2: 85.252.203.43:8767

Some shots from last week: